Sign in to follow this  
TommyGavin

WTF am I getting AARP banner ads

5 minutes ago, t.j. booker said:

I get ads for buffets and bariatric surgery. 

:cry: 

No backpages - me love you long time. Sucky sucky happy ending ?

Me neither. 

I get ads about everything from Hobby Lobby to meeting Russian women. Neither of which I ever have looked up in my searches.

I would think I would get ads about frisbee golf, pocket knives, travel, kitchen appliances, nutrition, etc...But no. 

I think the "smart" technology is not so smart as you think sometimes. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

Well thanks to you my current ad is hobby lobby. Never been. Never heard of. LOL. 

It's across the board advertising. Not targeted to anyone in particular. Just what they think the users of this site would like. Now for me it's Mazda. 

Bad targeting if that is what they are thinking. 

41 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

It's across the board advertising. Not targeted to anyone in particular. Just what they think the users of this site would like. Now for me it's Mazda. 

Bad targeting if that is what they are thinking. 

Disagree- chick at work was talking about an actress I never heard and a minute later there was a link to same actress I never heard of.

Big brother is watching 

7 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

Disagree- chick at work was talking about an actress I never heard and a minute later there was a link to same actress I never heard of.

Big brother is watching 

That's a very interesting topic. And I don't reject your thoughts on it. But I don't think this site employs that type of advertising "intelligence". 

There is no reasoning behind some of the ads I get on this site. And even if there is some attempt at it, it's not working. 

1 hour ago, TommyGavin said:

Is it something I said ? WTF !!

It's because you don't have a good ad blocker. HTH. 

4 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

Well thanks to you my current ad is hobby lobby. Never been. Never heard of. LOL. 

I actually applied for a manegmant position there a few months ago before I got this new gig. The quantity of items is beyond belief. Anywho I put in my application and walked around figuring out the setup just in case. Found a candle for the kitchen and then four blue haired golden girls approached me. Me: Uhhh…hi there.  Marge: Would you be so kind and get that red candle for me? Me: Yes mam. I was actually looking for those. Great choice.  

All i could do to keep it together was…smile and be happy.They were very cute and full of personality. 

So now I’m busy finding shoplifters and midget pedos wearing wigs that avoid my presence like malaria.