Sign in to follow this  
Chickie

Concussion Consmushion

Time to give Tua his due. I’m sure those who grabbed Burrow before Tua  ( gulp) are admitting that very same thing. 

on another thread I said he would put up QB1 numbers while his health holds.

so far it is holding.

the issue is we dont know if it will hold or how long it will last.     That said..... if you own him, ride the wave of good stats for as long as it lasts.

3 hours ago, Ray_T said:

the issue is we dont know if it will hold or how long it will last.

People keep saying this like there's a 50/50 chance of it happening. No doubt a bad concussion could knock him out for the season (or career). But if you had to guesstimate the odds of that happening... what would you say? I'd guess about 5% chance... so 95%+- chance he plays the whole year.

Only 5 Qbs had concussions last year, two were backups.  That's out of of 32 starting Qbs and numerous backups here and there, so it's fairly rare. Then there's the Dolphins and Tua being extra aware of him getting hit...  probably quicker to throw it away than years past and not calling plays requiring him to stay in the pocket for more than 2 seconds.

Everyone knew he would post great numbers, but when someone has had concussions all it takes is the right type of hit.   Continue with caution.  Imo.  

2 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

People keep saying this like there's a 50/50 chance of it happening. No doubt a bad concussion could knock him out for the season (or career). But if you had to guesstimate the odds of that happening... what would you say? I'd guess about 5% chance... so 95%+- chance he plays the whole year.

Only 5 Qbs had concussions last year, two were backups.  That's out of of 32 starting Qbs and numerous backups here and there, so it's fairly rare. Then there's the Dolphins and Tua being extra aware of him getting hit...  probably quicker to throw it away than years past and not calling plays requiring him to stay in the pocket for more than 2 seconds.

well, you know hes gonna produce while healthy.   so you got him, just make sure you have a valid plan B.

Thats all.  just take the necessary precautions so you dont get suck with no QB.  Its not rocket science.   keep 2 QB instead of one.

lots of teams keep 2 anyways.  in this case its a bit more necessary than typical as I will admit I usually only carry 1 QB after the bye week is done.    Some carry only one all year long.

its mostly a know your league thing.  some leagues tend to keep a backup on the roster some dont.   so your need to do this may vary by league.

Where I got him in the draft was a straight Grand-theft. 

seventh round of a 12 team PPR.  Lol

I think it matters if it’s a ppr league when it pertains to the Qb slot.