Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

Najee

Anybody rolling with him vs Houston?

Pitt offense looking better and it’s a good matchup.

Or is it just sit him unless and until we see proof of life?

I'd say we have to wait, he just looks slower than I've ever seen him, and Warren is 3rd down/passing downs.

We're gonna need him for Bye weeks, but he's riding pine behind Mostert, Walker and Swift (flex)

22 minutes ago, plasma george said:

I'd say we have to wait, he just looks slower than I've ever seen him, and Warren is 3rd down/passing downs.

He does look like he’s “running” in quicksand this year :( 

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Anybody rolling with him vs Houston?

Pitt offense looking better and it’s a good matchup.

Or is it just sit him unless and until we see proof of life?

if you think the Steel will beat Houston then you should probably start him.

I do think the Steelers win the game, so there should be some garbage time carries to bolster his stats.   I'd probably give it a go.

That said you never told us what your alternatives are.   This is usually the deciding factor in any decision to start a player (or sit him)

I wouldn’t start Harris until he proves to be start worthy.  He’s worst this season then he was last yr.  

51 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

if you think the Steel will beat Houston then you should probably start him.

I do think the Steelers win the game, so there should be some garbage time carries to bolster his stats.   I'd probably give it a go.

That said you never told us what your alternatives are.   This is usually the deciding factor in any decision to start a player (or sit him)

It’s sort of a more general discussion than a particular this guy or that question. Just curious if anyone had the balls to start him this weekend regardless of alternatives 

Just now, IGotWorms said:

It’s sort of a more general discussion than a particular this guy or that question. Just curious if anyone had the balls to start him this weekend regardless of alternatives 

well, I had Naj as one of those players who would be hit or miss from time to time.   I dont mind the matchup in this case.   The Houston offense is good enough that Pittsburgh will be looking to kill the clock if they get a lead and Naj should be a big part of that.

3 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

well, I had Naj as one of those players who would be hit or miss from time to time.   I dont mind the matchup in this case.   The Houston offense is good enough that Pittsburgh will be looking to kill the clock if they get a lead and Naj should be a big part of that.

So basically a game script guy? Makes sense :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

So basically a game script guy? Makes sense :thumbsup:

I think so.

Naj is a great talent, but Pickett is mediocre so far.    hes not good enough to scare defenses into backing off the line and the Steelers O line isnt good enough to overcome that.

so Naj is a volume based RB1/2 until the line play improves or Pickett plays well enough to force defenses to back off the line a bit.

and volume based guys need a good gamescript to be productive.   if the Steel are down 2 TD's in the second half, they wont wanna run the ball a whole lot. and that really hurts Naj's value.

Say what you will about Rothlisberger, but he was good enough that teams respected him and didnt crowd the line like they are for pickett.    And until he proves himself it will likely remain that way.

I have him in two leagues he is riding the bench in each because I have better options some that I got off of the waiver wire. But this is a game I'm tempted to start him I think he will do better than previous games this year. So I guess it depends on what the other options are as stated above.