Sign in to follow this  
BuschWack

George Pickens - Rest of Way

Just wanted to get opinions on Pickens' numbers going forward after the firing of Canada.  Will the play calling of Mike Sullivan boost his numbers?  Any homer opinions would be appreciated.

I've had an offer for Calvin Ridley from the Pickens owner and may/or may not bite.  Heaven knows Ridley's had his ups and downs.  I also own Jaguars - Christian Kirk and rolling out both Jaguars WR has some wear.

Perhaps the Steelers will force the pass going forward..

Thoughts?

Pickens remaining STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE
Strength of Schedule (2023)
OPP    SUMMARY
Next Game    @ CIN    14th easiest opponent
Next 3 Games    ARI, NE, IND    11th easiest opponents
Playoffs (?)    IND, CIN, SEA    16th easiest opponents
Rest of Season    --    9th easiest remaining

Mike Sullivan helped make OBJ what he is during the 2016 Giants season.  

I could convince myself, that Pickens will have a boost rest of way with the play calling being handled by Mike Sullivan.  I need calmer voices to bring me back to earth.

Or do I?  

I moved Pickens down a bit (44 overall) in our Rest of the Way Rankings. I've got Ridley in the tier above him at #39. I'd lean slightly towards Ridley, given the Jags passing game is better.

5 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

I moved Pickens down a bit (44 overall) in our Rest of the Way Rankings. I've got Ridley in the tier above him at #39. I'd lean slightly towards Ridley, given the Jags passing game is better.

Thanks.  Pickens' Rest of Season schedule looks better on paper.

And that's why I have both Jags receivers... the passing game.  Monitoring how Mike Sullivan's play calling may change things..  but Pickett isn't Trevor Lawrence.

Looking at Sullivan's brief stints as OC for the bucs and giants, I don't see a lot to like.

He does seem to let his QB cut it loose though.  The problem with Pickens is he has a limited route tree.  If we're looking at OBJ's success, his bread and butter is running slants and working from the slot.  That would be more of Diontae's forte.

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

Looking at Sullivan's brief stints as OC for the bucs and giants, I don't see a lot to like.

He does seem to let his QB cut it loose though.  The problem with Pickett is he has a limited route tree.  If we're looking at OBJ's success, his bread and butter is running slants and working from the slot.  That would be more of Diontae's forte.

Good analysis

Ridley