Sign in to follow this  
browndelivers

London or Lawrence?

Don't wanna panic but Dobbs is my only QB and he is sucking tonight (had Cousins earlier in the season). Another owner offered up Trevor Lawrence. Should I trade Drake London for him?  Remaining WRs would be Lamb, Olave, and Nacua (we only start 2).

so Dobbs is your starting QB?

Lawrence is an upgrade on Dobbs for sure.   and honestly London wont be productive with the current QB.  if this is a redraft league I'd take that deal.

but if looking at Trevor Lawrence, we should also look at who is available on waivers.  sometimes there are QB's on the wire who shouldnt be and Lawrence hasnt been THAT good this year.... and if you can get someone comparable on waivers, why pay when you can get comparable for free.

19 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

Lawrence is an upgrade on Dobbs for sure.   and honestly London wont be productive with the current QB.  if this is a redraft league I'd take that deal.

but if looking at Trevor Lawrence, we should also look at who is available on waivers.  sometimes there are QB's on the wire who shouldnt be and Lawrence hasnt been THAT good this year.... and if you can get someone comparable on waivers, why pay when you can get comparable for free.

This 👍🏻

21 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

Thanks for that. Yeah, Dobbs is starting. I picked him up right after Cousins went down, and he was by far the best option at that time (ranked #10 in our league). The highest season-ranked QBs left are Ridder, Minshew, and Mac Jones, and highest projected for this week were Browning, Young, and Ridder. So it's pretty bad. Since we only start 2 WRs and a flex (and it's standard so the flex is often one of my stud RBs), I'm thinking I don't really need London all that much.

Take the deal.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, browndelivers said:

Thanks for that. Yeah, Dobbs is starting. I picked him up right after Cousins went down, and he was by far the best option at that time (ranked #10 in our league). The highest season-ranked QBs left are Ridder, Minshew, and Mac Jones, and highest projected for this week were Browning, Young, and Ridder. So it's pretty bad. Since we only start 2 WRs and a flex (and it's standard so the flex is often one of my stud RBs), I'm thinking I don't really need London all that much.

ok I guess you have your answer.

given the situation, you need a QB.  for what he is, Dobbs is pretty good but hes a boom or bust player and I think you want more certainty rolling into the playoffs

Based on hair alone, London is the obvious choice here. TLaw is a few hair losses away from looking like Gallagher. Someone has to tell him. That was never a good look, nor will it ever be.