Sign in to follow this  
mccnavy76

Baltimore Running Back ROS

Gus has 20+ point games in 4 of the last 6 weeks. I’d guess that he won’t sustain high-end production like that for r.o.s., simply based off the Ravens schedule. <— it aint good for rb’s. The presence of Keaton (and Hill too) adds to the concern. I would not say he is ‘done’ by any means; he may still be low-rb2/rb3/flex worthy, but the rb1 weeks are probably gone.

Mitchell is in the same boat as far as schedule. He sure is fun to watch and could spike a few games, but it doesn’t seem like he will win a ton of running volume with Gus & Justice in the mix. I am *hoping* he will be a nice flex option moving forward, and want to roster him, but wonder if he will be a ‘boom/bust’ type of play from week to week.

Edwards gets the rushing tds that Jackson passes up, I’ll keep Edwards.  

7 hours ago, Lake209 said:

Gus has 20+ point games in 4 of the last 6 weeks. I’d guess that he won’t sustain high-end production like that for r.o.s., simply based off the Ravens schedule. <— it aint good for rb’s. The presence of Keaton (and Hill too) adds to the concern. I would not say he is ‘done’ by any means; he may still be low-rb2/rb3/flex worthy, but the rb1 weeks are probably gone.

Mitchell is in the same boat as far as schedule. He sure is fun to watch and could spike a few games, but it doesn’t seem like he will win a ton of running volume with Gus & Justice in the mix. I am *hoping* he will be a nice flex option moving forward, and want to roster him, but wonder if he will be a ‘boom/bust’ type of play from week to week.

Would you drop Aaron jones for Mitchell to roster ros in ppr? 

19 hours ago, Lake209 said:

Would you hold Mitchell instead of Spears in ppr if you also had Henry?

Much depends on you roster & depth-by-position. In a vacuum of Mitchell vs. Spears - I’d rather roster Mitchell, on the thought that he more play/flex worthy than Spears in most weeks.  Alternatively, and by way of anecdote: i have Bijan & Allgier. I’ve never started Allgier (& never will) but i will never drop him either. ATL has a great playoff schedule for rb’s, and should Bijan get hurt, Allgier could keep me in the hunt to win a ff championship. Allgier is my only handcuff…i like to roster 1 such player on my bench, usually behind my best-of-best talent. (Got Pacheco & Breece too, and am uninterested in McKinnon/Cook).  Spears is extremely talented, and like ATL, the Titans have a grear playoff run for rb.  I would probably be hesitant to drop him.  Definitely would change my mind if little/no rb-depth and/or if Mitchell is in position to be a league-winner (which seems unlikely).  Good luck w/your decision.

11 minutes ago, Lake209 said:

Much depends on you roster & depth-by-position. In a vacuum of Mitchell vs. Spears - I’d rather roster Mitchell, on the thought that he more play/flex worthy than Spears in most weeks.  Alternatively, and by way of anecdote: i have Bijan & Allgier. I’ve never started Allgier (& never will) but i will never drop him either. ATL has a great playoff schedule for rb’s, and should Bijan get hurt, Allgier could keep me in the hunt to win a ff championship. Allgier is my only handcuff…i like to roster 1 such player on my bench, usually behind my best-of-best talent. (Got Pacheco & Breece too, and am uninterested in McKinnon/Cook).  Spears is extremely talented, and like ATL, the Titans have a grear playoff run for rb.  I would probably be hesitant to drop him.  Definitely would change my mind if little/no rb-depth and/or if Mitchell is in position to be a league-winner (which seems unlikely).  Good luck w/your decision.

Thank you very much for your time and attention. 

RBs: Ekeler, A. Jones, Henry, Monty, Charbonnet, Moss, Spears

WRs: K. Allen, D. Moore, Kirk, Hopkins

TEs: McBride and Taysom

QBs: Stroud and Murray

I dropped G. Davis and Rice before their big games last week haha... oh well. I wasn't starting them.

Nice, especially so w/Moss, given the Taylor injury. Looks solid, man. I’d probably keep Spears; you may never play him but (…just like with Moss/Taylor), you have a league winner is Spears if Henry goes out.  Others may disagree, but Mitchell, although he may have spikes w/big play ability (which, is his draw for rostering), does not seem likely to rise past rb3 level. Bad schedule + 3 ravens rbs make him a great flex, nothing more.

And: in dropping Davis and Rice (esp Davis), you have planted landmines for other managers to pick up. Hopefully, your playoff opponents will start these players against you, resulting in the 0-7 point floor for both these guys.  Genius move; you are the best ff manager ever. Good luck winning first place.

1 hour ago, Lake209 said:

Nice, especially so w/Moss, given the Taylor injury. Looks solid, man. I’d probably keep Spears; you may never play him but (…just like with Moss/Taylor), you have a league winner is Spears if Henry goes out.  Others may disagree, but Mitchell, although he may have spikes w/big play ability (which, is his draw for rostering), does not seem likely to rise past rb3 level. Bad schedule + 3 ravens rbs make him a great flex, nothing more.

And: in dropping Davis and Rice (esp Davis), you have planted landmines for other managers to pick up. Hopefully, your playoff opponents will start these players against you, resulting in the 0-7 point floor for both these guys.  Genius move; you are the best ff manager ever. Good luck winning first place.

Thanks for your feedback. 

haha your last paragraph was awesome. Thanks for the laugh and vote of confidence ;)