Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Divisional Round: Packers @ 49ers

Inactives -

Packers: WR Malik Heath, RB AJ Dillon, S Benny Sapp III, LB Kingsley Enagbare, LB Brenton Cox Jr., T Caleb Jones

49ers: QB Brandon Allen (3rd QB), LB Jalen Graham, OL Matt Pryor, WR Ronnie Bell, CB Sam Womack, DL Alex Barrett, DL T.Y. McGill

Line: SF -10.0
Total: 50.5

DB Jaire Alexander is active.

The spread was -9.5 for the Niners so now it's 10 . All credit due to my niners 10 pts. seems a little much given the way the Packers have been playing lately. They put up a whopping 48pts. on a dupposedly top 5 defense in the Cowboys. The Packers, with all due respect, have been playing very good recently and they'll probably still play good against the 49ers. Especially because they have a number of rookie and 2nd year receivers that have been playing well. They have no true #1WR, IMO, to kind of key in on defensively and given multiple WR's that get the ball it could cause concern for our defensive backfield. They probably stay away from Charvarious Ward as much as possible so Ambrey Thomas and the other guys will have to step their game up today. RB Jones has been also pretty good lately but I think our D-line and LBs can keep him in check. We just need our DBs to be really focused and try to avoid any chunk plays from the talented Green Bay receivers.

I think our offense will be able to hold their own against the Packers. They're a little vulnerable in the middle so I'm looking for a big game from Kittle. Deebo's gonna get his regardless as I'm sure he'll be heavily involved. Let's n

49ers lead at the half 7-6.  Defensive game

Losing Deebo early was a big concern since the Packers seemed to have been one of the hottest teams of late and Love has played exceptional. I knew that a 10.5 pt. spread was way to much. The rain didn't help either. Still our defense, inspite of the penalties, was able to somewhat limit the Packers offense. We hung in there though and CMC is a big part of why we won. Battling against a hot team I think will help us going in to the NFC title game and hopefully the weather will be a little better. There's no excuses at this point and the Niners are.gonna have to crank it up on both sides of the ball if they want to get to the SB whether it be against the Lions or the Bucs. My guess would be it'll be against the Lions, another very good offensive team. So, GO S.F. 49ERS!!!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DocNiner said:

CMC is a big part of why we won.

I don't know why so many NFL coaches seem to forget how much they can benefit from having a top notch RB if used properly.

It seems like there's always been a bit of a myth, that the running game is all about the OL, and the RBs are pretty much interchangeable. Despite this being proven wrong time and time again, it seems to persist.

The 49ers have CMC and the other 31 teams don't. That's a huge advantage and this is the time of year it really begins to pay off.