Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

New Steelers QB: Russell Wilson

Good move for both parties. This is a good fit. 

It would be pretty funny if he’s super successful for the Steelers while the Broncos pay him $40 million 😂

9 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

It would be pretty funny if he’s super successful for the Steelers while the Broncos pay him $40 million

He will be...I am a browns fan....so Steelers will probably win the SB  😝

so, do they just hand him the starting job or will pickett get to compete for it?

10 minutes ago, cavern said:

so, do they just hand him the starting job or will pickett get to compete for it?

I doubt he signed to be their backup QB. There might be some we'll let the compete during camp for it, but I suspect Wilson will start Week 1. Easy for them to move on from him during the season if he stinks.

25 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

I doubt he signed to be their backup QB. There might be some we'll let the compete during camp for it, but I suspect Wilson will start Week 1. Easy for them to move on from him during the season if he stinks.

i hear you - just seems a bit odd to promise a starting gig to someone who has failed at their last 2 stops.

although personally i like the guy and think he'll do well there.  but pickett had just had a really good game under the new OC when he got hurt - so i never really understood why people were over him.  however the coaches watching him everyday know a ton better than me

Wilson didn’t fail with the Broncos, he didn’t have a lot of help, he’s going to be even better with more help around him.  But I think Wilson was good last season. 

4 hours ago, cavern said:

i hear you - just seems a bit odd to promise a starting gig to someone who has failed at their last 2 stops.

although personally i like the guy and think he'll do well there.  but pickett had just had a really good game under the new OC when he got hurt - so i never really understood why people were over him.  however the coaches watching him everyday know a ton better than me

Pickett is mediocre at best