Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

***EdEx THE MASTERS 2024***

I've got first pick next tourney!  Practically guarantees that Scheffler won't play.  :( 

• Haha 2

I even lost the tie breaker 😆 

22 minutes ago, Gutterboys Flip Flops said:

Never live that down

happened more than once. 😠 

Congrats Pat

• Like 1

12 hours ago, edjr said:

3 guys in top 23.  plus 7 😭 

I am out of contention, scores posted promptly 😡 

What’s the point totals for the season?

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

I have to dig up the pre season discussion thread and hope that a breakdown was decided on for the majors.  I believe it is slightly different than regular events.   something like 10,8,6,5,4,3,2,1,0

5 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I have to dig up the pre season discussion thread and hope that a breakdown was decided on for the majors.  I believe it is slightly different than regular events.   something like 10,8,6,5,4,3,2,1,0

On 4/8/2024 at 9:03 PM, bostonlager said:

Reminder: more season points up for grabs this week. 

not sure why it didn't copy the entire quote. 

Non-Major :  8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Majors: 10, 8, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

i quit

Masters Final

1. Pat  -11  (-7, -4, E)     *10

2. Cloaca  -4  (-4, -4, +4)   *8

3. Lager  E   (-11, -2, +13)   *6

4. Alias  +2   (E, E, +2)   *4

5. Fumble +7  (-1, +4, +4)  *3

6. Edjr   +7   (+1, +2, +4)   *2

7. Wonder  +8  (-2, +3, +7)  *1

8. Dain  +12   (+4, +4, +4)   

9. Jerry   +14    (+1, +6, +7)

Season Standings

1. Pat (29)
2. Cloaca (25)
3. Lager (23)
4. Wonder (17)
5. Alias (17)
6. Fumble (12)
7. Edjr  (11)
8. Jerry (9)
9. Dain  (7)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

whom do I owe hwhat?

3 hours ago, Gutterboys Flip Flops said:

I took 2nd...whats that pay?

225 to pat

100 to you 

50 to me. 

I will make you and I paid for future events. Pat is paid for the year so ed can send him some loot. 

Just now, bostonlager said:

225 to pat

100 to you 

50 to me. 

I will make you and I paid for future events. Pat is paid for the year so ed can send him some loot. 

Much appreciated lager!!  

9 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

So 4th gets zero coin?

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

225 to pat

100 to you 

50 to me. 

:wub:

9 hours ago, edjr said:

:wub:

Clocaine only needed $75 to be paid up the rest of the way so he is owed $25. 

@Gutterboys Flip Flops

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

Clocaine only needed $75 to be paid up the rest of the way so he is owed $25. 

@Gutterboys Flip Flops

Thank you Sir. 

Good thing I just filed my taxes so I can pay slowcaine

13 hours ago, bostonlager said:

225 to pat

100 to you 

50 to me. 

Patmahgroin paid

15 minutes ago, Gutterboys Flip Flops said:

PAT is rockin the edex points

plenty to go!! 

11 minutes ago, Gutterboys Flip Flops said:

https://www.sportskeeda.com/golf/news-rory-mcilroy-close-joining-liv-golf-whopping-850-000-000-according-reports

Rumor that Rory will defect to LIV for 850 million.

Dont blame him after he got hung out by the commish

850 million? get the fock out of here. 

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

im playing for tribble and winning in extra holes

We will save your spot in the league after you get out of prison 

2 hours ago, bostonlager said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5_vhQzysuU/?igsh=d2NpZDFiZ3IyYjRw

I’m taking 5 iron off the tee. Laying up with a 7 iron. Pitching on and 3 putting. 

These days I'm pretty comfortable with my driver, moreso than my 3 wood (I don't practice it enough).  As such I'd probably go driver, long iron or 3 hybrid, and if I'm anywhere near the green, I'd leverage my (not) awesome short game to chip and putt 3-4 shots into the hole.

3 hours ago, bostonlager said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5_vhQzysuU/?igsh=d2NpZDFiZ3IyYjRw

I’m taking 5 iron off the tee. Laying up with a 7 iron. Pitching on and 3 putting. 

Even if I am able to practice a bit and loosen up (not just get dropped onto the 18th tee box or something), theres a very high probability I go to jail but, like Jerry, I would hit driver with a goal of getting on in 3 and 3 putting. I'd have 175-185 in for my second shot assuming I hit a decent drive :lol:  6 iron from there.. maybe a 5. Gotta try and get over that front left trap.

heres a good one. 

If everyone else in the field played real golf  and all you had to do was putt, but you started every green as far away from the hole as possible. Could you win the Masters?

I say no but the comments section of the instagram post I saw was full of people claiming it would be easy 

7 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

heres a good one. 

If everyone else in the field played real golf  and all you had to do was putt, but you started every green as far away from the hole as possible. Could you win the Masters?

I say no but the comments section of the instagram post I saw was full of people claiming it would be easy 

So your first shot is the putt? 

The thing with that scenario is, most of us will never play on those type greens. 5 putt isn’t out of the question. 

follow up - you take your 3 best golf buddie and play a PGA event scramble style. Do you thing you could make the cut?

18 at Augusta is 465. If your goal is double or better, why would you hit driver? 

5 iron with a bit of roll - 200 

7 iron with a bit of roll - 170 

Wedge in and 3-putt for EdEx glory 

24 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

18 at Augusta is 465. If your goal is double or better, why would you hit driver? 

I am very confident with my driver and even though I have been hitting my new irons pretty well (p790 2021 version), That narrow chute off the tee box makes me think I could easily hook a 5 iron off the tee, which is my usual miss with irons. So i'd prefer to hit a driver 280-290 somewhere out there and not leave myself  250+ to the green. You're asking to hit a perfect layup 2nd shot and land a full wedge on for your 3rd. 

43 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

So your first shot is the putt? 

The thing with that scenario is, most of us will never play on those type greens. 5 putt isn’t out of the question. 

follow up - you take your 3 best golf buddie and play a PGA event scramble style. Do you thing you could make the cut?

correct. so people were saying just 3 putt every green and you win easily. Which is true if that were a simple task. It's not like you are hitting your first putt from a preferred location as the pros would be once landing their approach shots. You are going to have some monster putts with tons of break and crazy speeds. Easily going to putt some of those off the green entirely or not even make it half way to the hole because you;re afraid of the speed. 

24 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I am very confident with my driver and even though I have been hitting my new irons pretty well (p790 2021 version), That narrow chute off the tee box makes me think I could easily hook a 5 iron off the tee, which is my usual miss with irons. So i'd prefer to hit a driver 280-290 somewhere out there and not leave myself  250+ to the green. You're asking to hit a perfect layup 2nd shot and land a full wedge on for your 3rd. 

$3.5 million or prison for a year. You are taking driver off the tee rather than an iron? 

I give you respect 

@WhiteWonder how are you liking the new irons? I play TM woods, but I’m a Titelist snob on irons. Always looking to spend money on new toys I don’t need though 

21 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

@WhiteWonder how are you liking the new irons? I play TM woods, but I’m a Titelist snob on irons. Always looking to spend money on new toys I don’t need though 

i had tested out the 2023's but had heard there really was no difference so I set out hunting for a good price on new 2021s. Found a pro shop with an ebay store in cape cod. Brand new set listed for 950, I offered 750 and was surprised they accepted. Guy was cool though, I ended up calling and we did the deal outside ebay to save on me paying tax and on their store having ebay take a cut.

immediately added a lot of yards on trackman compared to my callaway xforged. Like the 7 iron going 165. Don't seem to be hitting as many pulls as I was before but that could also just be due to offseason reset. Played my first real round with them yesterday and only good things to say. My chipping and putting were trash but I hit the irons wonderfully. Only minor nitpick is they can feel a little 'clicky' for a forged head but they still fly.

On 4/20/2024 at 8:52 PM, bostonlager said:

My 5 iron goes 160 - Fock off. my 7 iron goes 140 also fock off, maybe 135 at this point

played on Wednesday. Driver, 5 hybrid (uphill from145 into some wind)  2nd time in the 100 times I have played that hole I landed it on the green. for the par!

31 minutes ago, edjr said:

My 5 iron goes 160 - Fock off. my 7 iron goes 140 also fock off, maybe 135 at this point

played on Wednesday. Driver, 5 hybrid (uphill from145 into some wind)  2nd time in the 100 times I have played that hole I landed it on the green. for the par!

2 fives, an eight, and 3 putt. 

You can do it too, ed.