Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Trade: Bills moving WR Stefon Diggs to Texans

6 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Do the Bills have any decent receivers?

Maybe, Khalil Shakir and TE- Dalton Kincaid. They throw to James Cook sometimes too; when Josh Allen isn't scrambling.

52 minutes ago, RareN64Dream said:

Maybe, Khalil Shakir and TE- Dalton Kincaid. They throw to James Cook sometimes too; when Josh Allen isn't scrambling.

Thanks. I was thinking wide receivers when I asked the question. So they have one in Khalil Shakir, thank you. While the Texans have 4 - Nico Collins, Diggs, Tank Dell, and Noah Brown. Seems very likely the Bills draft a WR very high, and potentially two or more total.

• Like 1

They have C Samuel on their current roster, two decent WRs they do have, what they need is two starting WRs.  

Wouldn’t be smart for them to ignore taking a wr very early.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Bills were actually much better with Diggs less involved at the end of last season. 

6 hours ago, RareN64Dream said:

They have to be pretty high on Shakir to let both Diggs and Davis walk. I'm interested to see how big of a role he gets. Samuel is a nice WR3 but he's nowhere near a number 1. 

As it stands Shakir could be in for a big role. 

• Like 1

Shakir is a 2/3, Samuel 3, they need a wr1.  

• Like 1

I think the pass game will be ok one way or another.

before the team got diggs, John Brown got 1000 yards receiving.

I was pretty sure the guy was washed up but he got 1000 yards with a young Josh Allen.   Thats how i knew Allen was going to be a good player.   

he will figure something out.

John Brown was better than the two WRs currently listed as Buffalo top two WRs.  J Brown even had a 1000 plus yard season before joining Buffalo.  I think their passing at the wr slot is in dangerous jeopardy.  They need to pick up a true wr1.  

I think we all agree they need a WR.

all I'm saying is its not doom and goom to the point where the offense is totally hooped.  If they get a WR that can step in and be productive from day 1(totally possible in this deep draft) the team may be in better shape than we think.

There may still be some overpriced WR out there that they may acquire on the cheap as teams try to cut some salary.   I wouldnt be surprised to see some of that come to pass (in addition to what they get at the draft table)

• Like 1

They'll be drafting at least 2 WRs in this draft, maybe even 3 when it's all said and done. They can't expect a rookie to be their #1 WR. That leaves a ton of targets for Shakir. 

I doubt he's a buy low anymore but I'd be all over him if available. 

I doubt he’s a buy low also, but I doubt he’s going to live him to where he’ll be drafted.  

1 hour ago, Maximum Overkill said:

They'll be drafting at least 2 WRs in this draft

I wouldnt be surprised if they did.

my bet is at the very least, the pick they get for Diggs will be used to select another WR.

alternatively, they use their first to pick the Diggs replacement.

I could even see them taking that 2nd round pick they got for him and packaging that with another draft pick to move up into the bottom half of round 1 and then using both first rounders on WR with the thought that if one doesnt pan out, they still get a very good replacement for Diggs at a fraction of the cost.

3 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

my bet is at the very least, the pick they get for Diggs will be used to select another WR.

I think that was a 2025 pick. They may parlay that pick in with this years #1 to move up. Maybe Rome Odunze in that 9-12 range?? That would be sick 🤢 

1 minute ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I think that was a 2025 pick. They may parlay that pick in with this years #1 to move up. Maybe Rome Odunze in that 9-12 range?? That would be sick 🤢 

no need to do that.  package with this years 2nd and take a WR in the bottom half of round 1.    This is an exceptionally deep draft for WR.  I dont think they need to get the pick of the litter.