Sign in to follow this  
Maximum Overkill

Dynasty?

22 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

Actually have 2 picks now in the 1st…my #7 and the #9 I picked up.  I gave up my 2nd round pick.

Yea that’s what I thought, makes it a tough decision, but you did gain another first rd pick.  

4 hours ago, makindollaz said:

Did a deal yesterday in one of my leagues that I think I did ok on.  Traded LaPorta and the #18 overall pick for Devonte Smith and the #9 overall pick.  Also have Kelce, and we re-draft in this league August 2025.

WR’s are now Smith, Aiyuk, Hopkins, London & McLaurin.

You definitely needed a WR. I think that's a great deal for you. Is it a Superflex? 

2 hours ago, makindollaz said:

Actually have 2 picks now in the 1st…my #7 and the #9 I picked up.  I gave up my 2nd round pick.

Trade 7 & 9 to get Harrison or Nabers. Unless it's Superflex 

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

Not a big te fan, in my redraft leagues I don’t draft a te until the double digit rounds, but I don’t think I would have traded away Laporta who if he stays healthy could be the top scoring ff te for years to come.  But you did pick up nine spots for your draft.  

He completely saved my team this past season after another dud from Kyle Pitts...

7 hours ago, polecatt said:

He completely saved my team this past season after another dud from Kyle Pitts...

You now have them both? 

13 hours ago, polecatt said:

Not a big te fan, in my redraft leagues

That used to be my thinking as well but in TE Premium Dynasty you have to have a top 10 TE or you'll get smoked at that position every week. 

It obviously doesn't matter as much in redraft but if you can grab a TE like LaPorta who puts up WR numbers then you gotta do it. Win the position. 

12 hours ago, weepaws said:

You now have them both? 

Yes I do. I'm gonna try work some trades though. I may end up trading one, probably Pitts

6 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

That used to be my thinking as well but in TE Premium Dynasty you have to have a top 10 TE or you'll get smoked at that position every week. 

It obviously doesn't matter as much in redraft but if you can grab a TE like LaPorta who puts up WR numbers then you gotta do it. Win the position. 

Yeah in dynasty there's no reason to not go after one unless they're just way to expensive.

It's like every position in dynasty though. Just keep a revolving door of young prospects and keep/trade any that pan out

56 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Yes I do. I'm gonna try work some trades though. I may end up trading one, probably Pitts

Value should be pretty good after the Falcons picked up mr Cousins.  

44 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Value should be pretty good after the Falcons picked up mr Cousins.  

No doubt but a lot of people are spectating that he may not be ready by week 1. 

I haven’t heard any injury news about some players of concern come week one, the Chubb, and Mr Cousins are two of them. 

30 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I haven’t heard any injury news about some players of concern come week one, the Chubb, and Mr Cousins are two of them. 

Chubb definitely won't be back till mid season. Cousins will be close to week 1. That's a tough injury for someone his age. At least Rodgers got hurt week 1. Cousins was week 8. 

Thanks.  

This draft should be a goldmine for dynasty leagues.

A lot of QBs and WRs in the 1st round.

Load up!

and honestly at least one or two good TE's.   you wont have to spend a first on a TE (unless its a large league) as the QB and WR should dominate round 1

10 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

and honestly at least one or two good TE's.   you wont have to spend a first on a TE (unless its a large league) as the QB and WR should dominate round 1

Yeah, and there will certainly be some RBs taken high in most drafts too, always is

1 minute ago, polecatt said:

Yeah, and there will certainly be some RBs taken high in most drafts too, always is

true.  but as none were drafted in round 1 I could likely only see possibly 1 (maybe 2) going in round 1 if they land in really good spots where there is a clear path to a starting role.

as no RB's have been taken yet, its too early to predict this.   but you are probably right.   1 RB likely will go in round 1 of your dynasty.   Maybe even 2

The top TE went to the Raiders, who already roster Mayer.  That’s a tough situation if you want to take a rookie te. 

59 minutes ago, weepaws said:

The top TE went to the Raiders, who already roster Mayer.  That’s a tough situation if you want to take a rookie te. 

yeah, that was a bit of a surprise pick for me.  it was looking like Mayer was going to become a very good TE.

I guess maybe they run a lot more 2 TE sets but not many teams have done this successfully.  most successful one I can think of in recent memory was the Pats with Gronk and Hernandez before Hernandez went to jail.

barring that, I think it means someone is likely to get moved.

3 hours ago, Ray_T said:

true.  but as none were drafted in round 1 I could likely only see possibly 1 (maybe 2) going in round 1 if they land in really good spots where there is a clear path to a starting role.

as no RB's have been taken yet, its too early to predict this.   but you are probably right.   1 RB likely will go in round 1 of your dynasty.   Maybe even 2

It doesn't tend to matter too terribly much in my experience if they're drafted in the 1st round or not considering there's usually no more than one or two any more.

Sure, when there's an Ezekiel Elliott or Saquon Barkley drafted it's much more hyped than this season but any good fit will be jumped on. Everybody is still wanting to find the new break out RB.

10 minutes ago, polecatt said:

It doesn't tend to matter too terribly much in my experience if they're drafted in the 1st round or not considering there's usually no more than one or two any more.

Sure, when there's an Ezekiel Elliott or Saquon Barkley drafted it's much more hyped than this season but any good fit will be jumped on. Everybody is still wanting to find the new break out RB.

true.  it is getting harder to find a difference maker at RB for fantasy.   so there will always be people drafting the rookies in a good situation regardless of where they were drafted in real life

This is about how I see the first round of a 1 QB Dynasty league go. Post draft 

All are pretty much landing spots 

- 1.01 Marvin Harrison Jr 

- 1.02 Malik Nabers 

- 1.03 Brock Bowers 

- 1.04 Rome Odunze 

- 1.05 Xavier Worthy 

- 1.06 Jonathan Brooks 

- 1.07 Keon Coleman 

- 1.08 Trey Benson 

- 1.09 Ladd McConkey 

- 1.10 Caleb Williams 

- 1.11 Brian Thomas 

- 1.12 Ricky Pearsal 

12 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

This is about how I see the first round of a 1 QB Dynasty league go. Post draft 

All are pretty much landing spots 

- 1.12 Ricky Pearsal 

I was eyeing Pearsall as a target of mine towards the end of round 2.

But his 1rst round draft capital. Along with the fact that I got a couple 49er fans in my league. I think should put him out of reach now. I agree. End of round 1, top of 2 now seems most likely.

I like the list. But i think I would put Thomas higher. In that 5/6 range with Worthy. And move everyone else down one.

Just now, Kopy said:

I was eyeing Pearsall as a target of mine towards the end of round 2.

But his 1rst round draft capital. Along with the fact that I got a couple 49er fans in my league. I think should put him out of reach now. I agree. End of round 1, top of 2 now seems most likely.

I like the list. But i think I would put Thomas higher. In that 5/6 range with Worthy. And move everyone else down one.

The Pearsall pick is probably the one I struggle with the most. 

If Deebo or Aiyuk gets traded then he's a certain 1st rounder. If not I can definitely see him fall. 

5 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

The Pearsall pick is probably the one I struggle with the most. 

If Deebo or Aiyuk gets traded then he's a certain 1st rounder. If not I can definitely see him fall. 

well, I guess it all depends on how things shake out.   If Pearsall shows hes ready, then Deebo or Aiyuk get traded sooner.

they may hold onto both players until they figure this out unless they absolutely NEED to clear cap space.   Then the decision to move one of them becomes a whole lot more urgent.