Sign in to follow this  
jeffkomlo

No. 2 pick. Luck?

12 team 2 keeper (keeping R Cobb and CJ Anderson)

Debating whether to go QB Luck or Rodgers or top RB AP, Lynch, Charles

QBs usually go quick. What is point diff. between say Luck,Gordon vs. AP, Ryan?

Thoughts

That would depend on your leagues scoring system

Weve covered the early qb theroy alot lately here in various threads. 6pnt TD, go ahead but just know your punting value in a trade off for bust proofing your first round. If all goes rosy and according to plan, AP and Ryan is better. But if AP is a bust, like half the top 10 rbs are every year, your screwed and left with your later rnd rbs anyway.

4pnt td...id absolutely not take the QB so quick. Stack wr/rbs and get a late QB. Or if you must, get Rodgers or Luck in rnd 2 hopefully or Manning.brees rnd 4-5.

That would depend on your leagues scoring system

PaTD Passing TD 4 points

Plus 2 points for a PaTD of 10 to 39 Yds

Plus 4 points for a PaTD of 40+ Yds PaYd Passing Yards 0 - 250 PaYds = 1 point for every 25 PaYds

251+ PaYds = 1 point for every 10 PaYds Re2P Receiving Two-point Conversion 2 points ReTD Receiving TD 6 points

Plus 2 points for a ReTD of 10 to 39 Yds

Plus 4 points for a ReTD of 40+ Yds ReYd Receiving Yards 0+ ReYds = 1 point for every 10 ReYds Ru2P Rushing Two-point Conversion 2 points RuTD Rushing TD 6 points

Plus 2 points for a RuTD of 10 to 39 Yds

Plus 4 points for a RuTD of 40+ Yds RuYd Rushing Yards 0+ RuYds = 1 point for every 10 RuYds

Any input appreciated thanks

Yes with that scoring he should go no.1 overall. If he tumbles to you at 2, jump on him. If he's gone take Rodgers. That's a very QB friendly scoring. I'd even aim for Hilton at the next turn since that's nice scoring for distance TDs.

I always preach that if you pick early in the 1st round you have to go after the guy you want. Because we all know that guy won't be there by the time your pick comes back in the 2nd round. Why should you be restricted to picking certain players because you got stuck with an early pick? If you're picking 2nd but the guy you want is consensus 9th best overall, why wouldn't you go for your guy who's 9th best? I guess what I'm trying to say is definitely take Luck if you want to build your team around him.

I have seen too often the stud QB taken high being on a team that doesn't make the playoffs at end of season.

Yes. A Favre in his prime, being taken in top 4 not making the playoffs.

That is the thing you have to then counter balance elsewhere.

This coming from someone that wants the stud qb every year.

Often waits a pick too long to get the guy I want.

Then being stuck trying to fix that mistake.

Answer. Get the best you can somewhere between.

BTW, if a Luck or Rodgers can be drafted in the second, or very end of first for a stretch.. This is the time to get them

12 team 2 keeper (keeping R Cobb and CJ Anderson)

Debating whether to go QB Luck or Rodgers or top RB AP, Lynch, Charles

QBs usually go quick. What is point diff. between say Luck,Gordon vs. AP, Ryan?

Thoughts

With Nelson out, and Cobb possibly hurt, I'd draft Luck in any QB heavy scoring format. However the fact that you have Cobb, might lean towards Rodgers if you want the combo points. If you can get Luck and keep him, I'd do that.