Sign in to follow this  
sozopol

CJ vs. Demarius

I have the 7th pick in my draft today. League is 14 team, .5 PPR, start 1 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex. I will take one of these two guys with my pick, assuming one will be there, and they come out about equal in every projection I see (including here at FFT). I am leaning towards the younger guy but I am wondering if anyone has insight or opinions. I think most people opt for CJ in this case.

I have the 7th pick in my draft today. League is 14 team, .5 PPR, start 1 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex. I will take one of these two guys with my pick, assuming one will be there, and they come out about equal in every projection I see (including here at FFT). I am leaning towards the younger guy but I am wondering if anyone has insight or opinions. I think most people opt for CJ in this case.

CJ is the pick

I think Calvin is a better pick. Mainly because Peyton is so good, he doesnt have to throw to DT. He'll take what defenses give him and might ignore DT for a half or a whole game at a time. other weeks he'll have a monster game depending on matchups.

After the way Denver torched opponents last year, i think they might run the ball more, other teams will take their chances with Ball and make him beat them instead of Peyton. Similar to what happened in New England the year after Brady/Moss went crazy.

On the other hand Stafford is very dependent on Calvin, even with all the new weapons, i think he'll still force throws Calvin's way, and calvin will be a more consistant fantasy WR because of that. Also they play in a pass friendly conference and should be in plenty of shoot-outs.

I think Calvin is a better pick. Mainly because Peyton is so good, he doesnt have to throw to DT. He'll take what defenses give him and might ignore DT for a half or a whole game at a time. other weeks he'll have a monster game depending on matchups.

After the way Denver torched opponents last year, i think they might run the ball more, other teams will take their chances with Ball and make him beat them instead of Peyton. Similar to what happened in New England the year after Brady/Moss went crazy.

On the other hand Stafford is very dependent on Calvin, even with all the new weapons, i think he'll still force throws Calvin's way, and calvin will be a more consistant fantasy WR because of that. Also they play in a pass friendly conference and should be in plenty of shoot-outs.

Thanks for the explanation behind the pick. Consistency over boom/bust makes sense, in a head-to-head league.

CJ is a once in 5 generations player. DT's no slouch and his situation is better but not by a mile, but regardless he is no calvin Johnson. Gotta go with the transformer, as evil as he might be...

I love Thomas, he is on my team for a second straight year. That being said, don't over think things here. Calvin is the best WR in the league and is a target monster.

CJ all the way.

CJ for sure. DTom needed an epic season from an aging Peyton to put the numbers up he did. Calvin will get his no matter what, and i would certainly bet on Stafford improving upon last year than Peyton.

I have both!!!!

14 team money league. I had the # 10 pick overall. I traded my 2nd and 3rd round picks to the guy who had the # 7 pick overall and his 8th round pick. I landed Calvin with the 7th and Demaryius with my 10th pick. I got Doug Martin in the 4th and Joique Bell in the 5th round. I used my free 8th round pick on Josh Gordon but I have already dropped him so that was a bad pick!