Photo

Should A Leaving Owner Still Be Allowed To Make Trades In DynastyFF?

Dynasty Fantasy Football

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Should A Leaving Owner Still Be Allowed To Make Trades In DynastyFF? (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Should A Leaving Owner Still Be Allowed To Make Trades In DynastyFF?

1. No. Not at all since he is leaving. (5 votes [38.46%])

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

2. Yes, but only if the trade appears to be for fair-market value. (3 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

3. Yes, but put his trades up to a league-wide vote (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Yes, but just have the commissioner review the trades he makes. (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

5. Yes. Let him trade freely. (3 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 the lone star

the lone star

FF Geek

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 05:10 PM

If an owner has announced that he will be leaving at the end of the year in a dynasty fantasy football league, should he still be allowed to make trades? Assume that he has been able to make trades all year long, and that other people who did not announce their plans to leave have also been able to make trades in their last season.

Also assume that the commissioner plays in the league and has made some questionable decisions. That is, he's not the most trustworthy guy.

I can provide DETAILED context if need be. Just let me know.

#2 ralphster

ralphster

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:04 PM

I assume you should be leaving that league just for the questionable mish decisions.

To the question at hand though, I'd not restrict the leaving owner's trade rights just because they're leaving, though I would advise all other owners to keep such info in mind when trading with them.
“When I played pro football, I never set out to hurt anyone deliberately - unless it was, you know, important, like a league game or something” ~ D. Butkus

#3 MTSkiBum

MTSkiBum

FF Geek

• Members
  • 13,065 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:20 PM

Yes, but no trading future picks unless he pays the next year's fee.
Steeler's Fan

#4 seafoam1

seafoam1

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,526 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:30 PM

If an owner has announced that he will be leaving at the end of the year in a dynasty fantasy football league, should he still be allowed to make trades? Assume that he has been able to make trades all year long, and that other people who did not announce their plans to leave have also been able to make trades in their last season.

Also assume that the commissioner plays in the league and has made some questionable decisions. That is, he's not the most trustworthy guy.

I can provide DETAILED context if need be. Just let me know.

I wouldn't stay in that league if I didn't trust the guy running it.

Anyway, just be ready for the guy who is leaving the league to trade every future asset for a win this year. He might be leaving the incoming owner without much future stock. Which is ok but just saying...

#5 Brutal Brutus

Brutal Brutus

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:52 PM

Sounds like a league that's going in the toilet and belongs there.

#6 Phil Simms 11

Phil Simms 11

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 04:24 AM

Why would he not just leave now?

But if he is in the league he should be able to keep managing the team as always. And as others said I would dump the league if I did not trust the commish. 

#7 the lone star

the lone star

FF Geek

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:39 PM

But if he is in the league he should be able to keep managing the team as always. And as others said I would dump the league if I did not trust the commish. 

Yeah, not trusting the commish is a huge killer.

#8 the lone star

the lone star

FF Geek

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:18 PM

Actually happened during the season. Posed a dilemma. We weren't sure hot to proceed.

#9 the lone star

the lone star

FF Geek

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 07:44 PM

Sounds like a league that's going in the toilet and belongs there.

lol, that's fair. Not a good direction at all.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dynasty Fantasy Football