Sign in to follow this  
stagee

Ajirotutu: SD Wide Out

Due to injuries and byes I may not have a choice. Does anyone know anything about him? I play in a 14 team league and the WW is slim.

Due to injuries and byes I may not have a choice. Does anyone know anything about him? I play in a 14 team league and the WW is slim.

go for it, I have Crayton right now, but am considering it, Gates also might not play, Tutu is a big play big receiver in the Floyd, VJax mold. Hes more likely to be a deep threat. My league is PPR thats why I have Crayton right now

Tutu 5-80 td is my prediction

Crayton 7-110 so its close.

I can't really figure out why he went undrafted and how he was able to sit around on practice squads as long as he did. He did nothing but impress at Fresno State and showed well in the pre-draft workouts. I tuned into the SD-TEN game last week and both Rivers and Turner spoke highly of his preparation and intelligence. Considering he has the QB and the matchup, I could easily see a top-30 WR finish for him this week.

It cost me $5 but I added him and am starting him over Lee Evans after reading this article

Four years ago, Gregg Rosenthal granted me the privilege of leading Rotoworld.com's NFL Draft coverage. The draft is my focus during the NFL postseason, which coincides with a number of pre-draft all-star games. Each year, a few under-the-radar draft-eligibles stand out at the events, which pit top college seniors against one another. It's an opportunity for players who may not have been featured in their college's offense or defense to show NFL scouts that they can play.

Last winter, Seyi Ajirotutu was among the players who stood out.

A 6-foot-3, 211-pound deep threat from Fresno State, Ajirotutu led the Bulldogs in receptions, yards, and touchdowns as a senior. He earned second-team All-WAC honors despite playing on a run-dominated team that featured NCAA rushing leader Ryan Mathews. Coach Pat Hill's club finished the season with a 555-to-321 run-to-pass ratio. Ajirotutu played in a pro-style offense, learning to run pro-style routes and earning a reputation for fearlessness over the middle.

It was at January's East-West Shrine Game, however, that Ajirotutu really generated buzz. Ex-NFL head coach Marty Schottenheimer coached the West squad and had this to say about the field-stretching wideout:

"He reminds me a lot of Vincent Jackson or Malcom Floyd in San Diego. He is a big kid and can run like the wind. I've been very impressed by him."

On the Shrine Game practice field, Ajirotutu consistently dominated the all-star events' most highly-touted defensive backs. He ran a relatively pedestrian 4.53 forty in Indianapolis three months later, however, and was not selected in April's draft.

Ironically in light of Schottenheimer's comments, Ajirotutu caught on with the Chargers as a priority free agent. He convincingly beat out Jeremy Williams, Ernest Smith, and Gary Banks in training camp for a practice squad spot. On October 23, Ajirotutu earned a promotion to the 53-man roster. He played 13 snaps in Week 7, catching each of his two targets for 26 yards. Coach Norv Turner rewarded Ajirotutu's efficient performance with 48 snaps in Week 8, and he responded with three catches for 48 yards to lead all Chargers wide receivers against Tennessee.

His playing time and production swiftly on the rise, Ajirotutu is in line for a season-high workload in Week 9. Philip Rivers is a virtual shoe-in for 300-plus yards against Houston's last-ranked pass defense. Malcom Floyd and Legedu Naanee will both be inactive with hamstring injuries. Antonio Gates has a torn plantar fascia, and will be limited in the questionable-to-doubtful event that he plays. Craig Davis is on injured reserve, and Vincent Jackson is ineligible until Week 12.

Patrick Crayton and Ajirotutu will be Rivers' primary receivers on Sunday.

Undoubtedly, starting Ajirotutu in a fantasy league requires a leap of faith. He's an undrafted rookie with two career appearances. You're not going to use him over proven options. But with a major role in the NFL's top-ranked passing offense, facing the NFL's worst pass defense, Ajirotutu should appeal to fantasy owners in need of a high-upside bye-week replacement.

I'm considering starting him over BMW as my #3. Sea is starting Whitehurst against that scary Giants def front. I can't think of a better reason to plug him in and hope for the best.

Gates will play.

Temper your expectations here.

:wave:

Ajirotutu Yes

Justin Forsett - Yes

Victory - NO

I could be low scorer of the week

Ajirotutu Yes

Victory - NO

I could be low scorer of the week

Same here,ended up at 98.9 and most likely will be either 11th or 12th in scoring.Of course if I hadn't gotten cute and benched my KC D for the Patriots vs. the Browns.