Sign in to follow this  
Breesman32

Can you trust Cobb to stay healthy?

Anyone can get hurt any play .

Its hard to say. I think his overall talent is overhyped, but i still think he is a pretty solid receiver. And a solid receiver working with rogers is magic waiting to happen. I think he is worth a late third investment for a ppr league. He is going to catch a lot of passes if healthy.

Guy broke a bone. Those arent predictable or predictive of any future injuries. They arent cumulative, and almost always heal 100%. Obviously theres no guarantee he wont ever get hurt again, but his "injury history" would in no way factor in a decision to draft him this season.

He weighs under 200 though. Something I just looked up. And he's 5'10.

WR in the top 50 points scored last year:

antonio brown 5'10 186
desean jackson 5'10 175
julian edelman 5'10 200
ty hilton 5'10 183
wes welker 5'9 185
golden tate 5'10 202
eddie royal 5'10 185
emanuel sanders 5'11 180
doug baldwin 5'10 189
steve smith 5'9 185

Being tall, and big is obviously a great combination for a WR to have But plenty of smaller WR are quite productive in the NFL.

• Like 1

I won't own him since his cost will most likely take him off my boards. If somehow I get a top 4 pick in any of my redrafts I'll most definitely consider him as a great option, but I know my draft slot luck. And its never top 4 worthy

Guy broke a bone. Those arent predictable or predictive of any future injuries. They arent cumulative, and almost always heal 100%. Obviously theres no guarantee he wont ever get hurt again, but his "injury history" would in no way factor in a decision to draft him this season.

antonio brown 5'10 186

desean jackson 5'10 175

julian edelman 5'10 200

ty hilton 5'10 183

wes welker 5'9 185

golden tate 5'10 202

eddie royal 5'10 185

emanuel sanders 5'11 180

doug baldwin 5'10 189

steve smith 5'9 185

Being tall, and big is obviously a great combination for a WR to have But plenty of smaller WR are quite productive in the NFL.

I think he was referring to him being small as more likely to get injured, not he will be lacking in production. Any WR starting for GB will have good production!

I wouldn't be worried about him being injured again, he got a low blow to the leg that could have easily broken a bigger WR leg too.

antonio brown 5'10 186

desean jackson 5'10 175

julian edelman 5'10 200

ty hilton 5'10 183

wes welker 5'9 185

golden tate 5'10 202

eddie royal 5'10 185

emanuel sanders 5'11 180

doug baldwin 5'10 189

steve smith 5'9 185

Those guys are not as targeted as Cobb is though, he really is the no.1 target of Rodgers. And on top of it he is a slot receiver. So he has to go through defenders more often than the deep threats like Nelson and DJac do. Welker is already injury prone himself. Didnt say he couldn't be a top 50 receiver(he's a top 10) but for his line-up and targets he's more subject to contact.

Those guys are not as targeted as Cobb is though, he really is the no.1 target of Rodgers. And on top of it he is a slot receiver. So he has to go through defenders more often than the deep threats like Nelson and DJac do. Welker is already injury prone himself. Didnt say he couldn't be a top 50 receiver(he's a top 10) but for his line-up and targets he's more subject to contact.

Welker is old now, but hasn't been injury prone through most of his career iirc. Also he played primarily in the slot too of course.

They do move Cobb around a little, they like his versatility. That's why he gets so many touches too.

A lot of WRs are on the lighter side since their job is primarily to run and catch of course. RBs need to be the beefiest out of the skill positions, and QBs need to be taller usually and to be able to take a pounding, however there are a lot of shorter QBs that are successful too (Wilson, Brees).

Megatron and Andre Johnson are guys that come to mind as being really big. But Jerry Rice was barely 200. Obviously Steve Smith is already listed as below 200. Andre Rison was 188. Tim Brown was 195. Henry Ellard was 188. Charlie Joiner was 188. Lance Alworth was 184. Steve Largent was 187. Isaac Bruce was 188. Az-Zahir Hakim was 189. Torry Holt was 190. Marvin Harrison was 175. Raghib Rocket Ismail was 180.

I think that's a pretty thorough list of some damn good WRs, some of the best ever on there and a few other of my personal favs I suppose. Spanning different eras but with a slant towards more recent players that I've watched play.

If Cobb gets injured it won't be because of his size.

How can you not like his opportunity? I would almost consider drafting Boykin as both a handcuff and as also a wry/4 w. Cobb.