Sign in to follow this  
Gkreiser

Trade Advice

15 player keeper, was offered the following

Wr Martavis Bryant, and a 2018 2nd round pick for a 2018 1st round pick.

Thoughts?

I think it depends on your roster and the rules in your league.

Personally, I think it's an overpay for someone who could be out of the league with one more screwup.

I'd be inclined to shut it down immediately and just tell him you are not interested at that price.

Wouldn't either because of the reasons already posted, plus I think Ben playes one more season and retires for real after this season, and I think it will be a tough season.

what likely first and second? I wouldn't give up anything more than a late first (like 1.10 or later) for Bryant.

So if your team is contending then it's not a bad move. Ben will play this year and next imo, else he'll have to pay the steelers some dough. Marty has a knack for scoring TDs - 14 in 21 games.

FYI, it also depends where in the first you are drafting.

If you are likely to draft in the bottom 2 or 3 picks in round 1 and he is likely to draft in the top 2 or 3 in round 2 it may be worthy of looking into. but in general, my earlier comments indicate where you should probably be at.

I'm too lazy to make a new thread so I'll ask here

I'm taking over a dynasty team (#2 pick in the draft) somewhat stacked at RB (Howard, Freeman, Miller, Lacey, Coleman, Gillislee) week at WR (AJ Green, Snead, Beasley, Fuller, Kevin White).

Would you accept a trade of Howard or Freeman for Cooper, Hopkins, or Michael Thomas? You are the owner of these WR and here are your RB Gurley, Martin, R Kelley, Duke Johnson, Dion Lewis

Which deal would you do? PPR

I would for Thomas.

I don't know if I would for Cooper yet , his first two seasons Crabtree as out scored him.

And the QB situation with the Texans is still in a questionable state.

But M Thomas should even post bigger numbers than last season.

Freeman is the better keep in ppr league, but he does have Coleman on his tail.

So I would see if you can make that deal.

Now if I was the other owner I would give you Cooper for Freeman.

I'm not the biggest Cooper fan at this time.

I'm too lazy to make a new thread so I'll ask here

I'm taking over a dynasty team (#2 pick in the draft) somewhat stacked at RB (Howard, Freeman, Miller, Lacey, Coleman, Gillislee) week at WR (AJ Green, Snead, Beasley, Fuller, Kevin White).

Would you accept a trade of Howard or Freeman for Cooper, Hopkins, or Michael Thomas? You are the owner of these WR and here are your RB Gurley, Martin, R Kelley, Duke Johnson, Dion Lewis

Which deal would you do? PPR

If I had that team, I'd look to see if I can find a way to unload Gurley and draft a RB rather than trade one of the WR's.

No no I would keep Gurley and take Freeman if I was the other person.

No no I would keep Gurley and take Freeman if I was the other person.

Depends on your opinion of Gurley. I think he's never better than an RB3. I'm not impressed at all by him. Besides, the only player that can probably obtain Freeman would be Thomas and that's the one I wouldn't give up.

Agree I wouldn't give up Thomas for Freeman either, but I would trade Freeman for Thomas.

I disagree about Gurley, even last season the points he produce where worthy of a rb2.

And if they the Rams get better so will he.

He's worthy of a ranking no less than rb2.

Agree I wouldn't give up Thomas for Freeman either, but I would trade Freeman for Thomas.

I disagree about Gurley, even last season the points he produce where worthy of a rb2.

Depends on your rules.

for standard scoring Gurley ranked #19 in total points and #30 for points per game played.

for PPR

Gurley was #15 for total points and #25 for points per game played.

I think for standard scoring this puts him as a RB2/3.

for PPR he's a mid range RB2.

Keep in mind, this is based purely on last year's stats.

I would adjust for this year based on whether you think he will improve (or not) and by how much.

In my case, all but one of the leagues I play have standard scoring.

I do feel gurley will improve because the line has improved at least somewhat and I think the coaching will be better.

Based on the info available, I'd draft him as a low to mid range RB2 in those leagues.

PPR I'd draft him as a Mid to high end RB2.

... and that's why I'd trade Gurley. There are most likely people in the league that think more highly of Gurley than I. I'd offer him out there and see what trade offers I get. I'm willing to bet I'd be able to move Gurley and, in my opinion, upgrade my team. At that point, I may be able to put a package together to get a better RB without having to give up Thomas.

Yea you can always shop him and see what value you can get in return.

I wouldn't trade Thomas for either one,

But if I'm team two I would be happy to keep Gurley and trade Cooper for Freeman.

I do t know if this is a ppr league or not, but that's the way I'm looking at it.

In a 12 team league 15th in points in ppr makes him worthy of a rb2 and 19th in points in a non ppr would also make him a rb2.

I don't see 24 Rbs better, and that's what it would take to make Gurley a Rb3.

Yea you can always shop him and see what value you can get in return.

I wouldn't trade Thomas for either one,

But if I'm team two I would be happy to keep Gurley and trade Cooper for Freeman.

I do t know if this is a ppr league or not, but that's the way I'm looking at it.

In a 12 team league 15th in points in ppr makes him worthy of a rb2 and 19th in points in a non ppr would also make him a rb2.

I don't see 24 Rbs better, and that's what it would take to make Gurley a Rb3.

Hey may have been 19th in total points, but he was 30th in points per game.

To some extent, you dont wanna overrank him because some players ahead of him got hurt.

I usually take the two numbers and average them out. This would place him around 24th on the list which is why I said RB2/3. Using this method he would be on the cusp.

I do think he will have a better year than last year. but I still wouldnt draft him any higher than a mid range RB2 in a standard league.

Yea I like using avg points also.

Im not in any non ppr leagues anymore.

So his avg points does place him at 24 in ppr leagues.

So I agree with you about his avg per game placement.

But I don't see 24 Rbs that i can rank over Gurley.

And I don't see him being 24th in avg this next season in ppr.

Some of the names ahead of him in per game avg last season were, L Murray, F Gore, M Ingram, Blount, I can see him out performing all of those players.

So I still see him as a Rb2.

So I would take Freeman for Cooper and have a Rb combo of Freeman and Gurley.

Thanks for the reply.

Would love to get Thomas but think I rather have Nuk over Cooper. Other than 2016 Nuk has been able to produce really good numbers with out a good QB. I think he bounces back. Cooper while I think he is a good WR I don't think he'll be great.