Sign in to follow this  
sderk

The gov. shutdown spotlights a bigger issue: 78% of US workers live paycheck to paycheck

Go to the bank and get a loan. Crazy, right?

Hey baby sitter, my credit sucks. could you go to the bank and get a loan to pay yourself to watch my kids because I quit my job? I promise I'll pay you back! Interest? No that's not in your contract.

Hey baby sitter, my credit sucks. could you go to the bank and get a loan to pay yourself to watch my kids because I quit my job? I promise I'll pay you back! Interest? No that's not in your contract.

Your credit sucks and you haven't missed a paycheck in years? That's on you hombre.

Your credit sucks and you haven't missed a paycheck in years? That's on you hombre.

Keep up. That's the gov.

So honest to God, you have a choice between a job to pay 60 Grand and 85 Grand. Obviously you go for 85 Grand. And then six months into it, your new employer says well gosh we can't get our ###### together, we're going to have to furlough you. Think of it as a vacation!

you took the 85 because that's what it took to feed your family and pay your bills. What? You're expecting them to send a thank you card to incompetent management?

Have you ever had your hours cut? Did you ###### celebrate?

God, the worst part? I can't believe this is a ###### conversation.

These guys were given the option of taking voluntary time off without pay? Yeah, ###### them. That's not what this is.

Many govt agencies are bloated and inefficient. By extension, so are many of the people effected.

Its not financially convenient, but I cant support paying these folks back pay for not working when so many of them shouldnt be there in the first place.

Open season for terrorists to fly in now that TSA is either not working or not caring cuz they arent getting paid.

Open season for terrorists to fly in now that TSA is either not working or not caring cuz they arent getting paid.

Fly in from where?

Because the TSA is effective? :lol:

Places? Other places in the world?

TSA doesn't operate in other places. HTH.