Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Just to refresh people's memory: Ditka

Not only was he a relatively worthless coach, he kept his job @ ESPN by making everyone complicit - including the 'squeeky clean' typ es like M&M.

How deeply did ESPN cover this story?

Twice this year, pro football legend Mike Ditka has blasted the National Football League and its players union, telling Congress that both groups are "delaying or denying" requests by needy retired players for help.

Ditka formed a charity in 2004 to aid those players. The Mike Ditka Hall of Fame Assistance Trust Fund has collected $1.3 million and netted about $315,000 after expenses. But it has given only $57,000 to former players in need, according to federal and Illinois tax records.

The trust paid more in fees to induce former stars to appear at a 2005 fundraiser than it gave needy ex-players in its first three years.

the only way that you would know that is the fact that I posted the f****** link to the original post yesterday.

the only way that you would know that is the fact that I posted the f****** link to the original post yesterday.

English. Learn it ...............love it............live it............... :shocking:

His last year as the Saints head coach I made a sign on a be sheet with black spray paint that "Suck My Ditka!!!" And put it on the rail in front of my seats. I believe it was a Raiders game toward the end of the season. New Orleans finest came and confiscated it and told me I was lucky they didn't arrest me for public vulgarity. The next year, the saints banned all public signs in the Dome. Positive or negative.

I never liked him. When he dissed Sweetness of his dream to score a TD in the Super Bowl and let fat fawk score was when I realized how big a fawk chop he was.

The fact that ESPN ignores this story is not suprising.

To be fair, I don't really think he has the brains to organize something like this.

I seriously doubt Ditka has any involvement in the day to day operations of the organization, and almost certainly doesn't handle the money.

In cases like this, I think it's more of wanting to do something good, and not having any clue how to accomplish it (and/or not wanting to put in the actual effort), so they hire some money guys who turn out to be scumbags.

Ditkanate was a good poster. Have some respect.