Sign in to follow this  
phillygrrl08

++ Update: Zeke looking at suspension - 6 Games

And thats a valid argument for not going to prison and such, but you need to know employer rights. and frankly, i agree with this suspension. if he were my employee, he would be gone because he cant prove good judgement. i work with a ton of 23 year olds that dont do these things.

accepting that role takes on a lot of responsibilities. how many other players get into this garbage. a small %

accepting that role takes on a lot of responsibilities. how many other players get into this garbage. a small %

IDK, why wasn't Winston suspended? Why isn't Mixon being suspended? That's my point. Goodell just picks and chooses who he's goign to suspend?

Actually, not getting arrested/go to jail/have charges filed against you does mean you're innocent in our legal system. May want to check your Constitution.

You're confusing true innocence with legal innocence.

True, thing is, employers have rights for a good reason. I wonder the % of players in the league that get into this type of situation. I bet a small%. The 23 year olds i work with dont get to this point. And I work with all types. How is david johnson doing?

IDK, why wasn't Winston suspended? Why isn't Mixon being suspended? That's my point. Goodell just picks and chooses who he's goign to suspend?

But in this thread you called Goodell a racist. And said he thinks brady is jesus brady. thats not cool.

I guarantee most guys in the league aren't 'good people'. How many 23 year olds don't have poor judgement?

I can see a player/employee being suspended during a criminal investigation. But to suspend someone years after they've already been cleared of everything by the authorities? Sorry, just doesn't seem right to me.

I understand your point.

However, Zeke didn't help himself by exposing a women's breast or being involved in a bar altercation. It's very possible these events factored into the decision. The league is probably tired of being embarrassed by the Ray Rices, Josh Gordons or several other cases of unacceptable behavior. In fact, they may have gone heavier on Zeke because of the perception of leniency on Rice...

I hate to see stars suspended from the game. I hate to see the league with their own investigative branch. Weird how it has evolved in the past few years.

Of course not. But if I file a complaint with the cops that seafoam1 drugged and raped me, are you automatically guilty? How about after the cops investigate and find nothing, and also discovered that I lied? Anybody can claim anything (especially when there's tons of money involved).

In my eyes we are closer to understanding each other on this topic than you think. I fight for the things you have expressed here. The thing is, its up to player to take care of himself. And Im sure Elliott has all the resources from the team he needs to make good decisions.

But one thing Im sick of hearing is that 23 year olds are kids. They are adults.

But in this thread you called Goodell a racist. And said he thinks brady is jesus brady. thats not cool.

You're right. I have no proof, nor do I even care if he's a racist. But he does seem to have some double standards and is very inconsistent in his discipline.

In my eyes we are closer to understanding each other on this topic than you think. I fight for the things you have expressed here. The thing is, its up to player to take care of himself. And Im sure Elliott has all the resources from the team he needs to make good decisions.

But one thing Im sick of hearing is that 23 year olds are kids. They are adults.

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

You guys are talking about raping each other and then you're best friends? I've seen threads take strange turns but this is a first.

You guys are talking about raping each other and then you're best friends? I've seen threads take strange turns but this is a first.

Its called being able to debate and not making it personal.

You laugh at me, yet you have no idea what they found in the investigation. The only thing you know is that police couldn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt, which isn't exactly saying he did nothing. It just means that they can't prove it.

In order for the NFL to suspend him, there has to be some evidence that points to something going down between them. Maybe, it can't be proven without a reasonable doubt, but there's enough evidence that points to something going on to give them cause to suspend him. He has shown that he has a lack of judgement, that he doesn't respect women and can be aggressive. Why is it so hard for people to think that there's a better than 50/50 chance that he physically did something to her?

what they found in their investigation? that the accuser lied about the incident, that she asked her friend to lie about the incident, and that eyewitnesses directly contradict her accusation. these aren't opinions--they're the undisputed facts, admitted by the accuser's legal team and confirmed by documents released by the police.

vis-a-vis your observations on jurisprudence, you're clearly watching the wrong cop dramas on TV. 'prove beyond a reasonable doubt' is a courtroom criterion that applies to a prosecutor during a trial, not to a police investigation. police don't require any evidence in order to continue an investigation. by suspending the investigation, they demonstrated that they didn't even have enough evidence to convene a grand jury (which requires very little evidence anyway, hence the joke that it's possible to get an indictment against a ham sandwich).

the accuser is a liar. her lawyer admits that she's a liar. her close friend who was with her that night says that she's a liar. the police say that she's a liar.

you're taking the word of a liar, having seen no incriminating physical evidence and plenty of exculpatory documentary and eyewitness evidence. it's comedy.

if the league wanted to punish him for pulling down his date's top, i wouldn't complain, because there's no doubt that he did it. ray rice got 2 games for knocking his wife the out while on video, so zeke would have earned like 7 minutes of suspension. maybe a full half of football. but the league was explicitly clear that it wasn't suspending him for that.

Lets say he actually did assault this woman. What would everyone think is a fair punishment?

if a ray rice-type tape confirming her story came out, then prison. if he somehow avoided prison, lifetime ban from the league.

Lets say he actually did assault this woman. What would everyone think is a fair punishment?

Depends on the level of assault. Obviously a difference between pushing someone, grabbing an arm causing a bruise, or even slapping someone, vs beating the living out of her. Regardless, if it's something that causes serious bodily harm, then it should be at least a year. Plus obviously more for jail time. If it's something like a slap or dragged her around by her hair, then I'd say like 4-6 games. But those things are hard to prove.