Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Doug's Dynasty Rankings

Let me fire the first shot at this clown's rankings :ninja:

Kidding aside, I want to make clear the top four receivers could go in just about any order. OBJ and Hopkins get the nod because they are 3-4 years younger.

Kidding aside, I want to make clear the top four receivers could go in just about any order. OBJ and Hopkins get the nod because they are 3-4 years younger.

Any thought to putting those four in their own tier?

Any thought to putting those four in their own tier?

Yes, but I don't think the gap is so significant (long-term) for that to be the case. I could see just about anyone in Tier 1 (particularly Cooper, Watkins or Robinson) sneak into that group at the end of next year. I also think there is a clear gap between the top 13 and the next tier. (I don't like going past seven tiers either.) Additionally, as much as I think the loss of Peyton (in Thomas' case) or Adam Gase (in Jeffery's case) hurts their stock, I've learned to bet on talent first in dynasty and hope teams will take the necessary steps to correct the situation around them in the next year or two.

Thanks for the work Guru.

When can we expect your first rookie write up?

Good question. I'd say late March. I don't see this draft as a particularly good one for immediate fantasy impact, FWIW.

This is my belief also. Some others have already vehemently disagreed with me. But I already have my sights set on 2017.

Thanks FBG. Solid work, as usual.

Lacy at 8 seems WAY high. I don't think I'd consider him until guys like Demarco Murray and Jeremy Hill.

I'm not sold on J Gordon either. Even with the talent, dude is a knucklehead. Would much rather have giys like Hilton, Jordan Matthews, Maclin, than deal with that headcase.

Thanks for this. I have Mariota and Taylor on my rankings. Given Gurley's lack of receptions I have a hard time ranking him over Bell.

As for Freeman, curious why you ranked Yeldon over him and similarly Rawls over Lewis for ppr

Thanks FBG. Solid work, as usual.

Lacy at 8 seems WAY high. I don't think I'd consider him until guys like Demarco Murray and Jeremy Hill.

I'm not sold on J Gordon either. Even with the talent, dude is a knucklehead. Would much rather have giys like Hilton, Jordan Matthews, Maclin, than deal with that headcase.

I get why you feel that way on both players. I'm taking the optimistic view on Lacy losing the weight. If he does, he goes right back to being a top-five RB.

Gordon is one of the most difficult players to rank. Ultimately, I expect him to be reinstated and for Hue Jackson to use him in the same way he did A.J. Green.

Thanks for this. I have Mariota and Taylor on my rankings. Given Gurley's lack of receptions I have a hard time ranking him over Bell.

As for Freeman, curious why you ranked Yeldon over him and similarly Rawls over Lewis for ppr

I can understand where you are coming from as well. Like I said in the analysis on the rankings page, the Titans' coaching (re)hires don't do a lot for me or for Mariota's chances of putting up a 30-TD season anytime soon. The talent is obvious, but there is a lot wrong with that franchise right now. Taylor suffers because I need to see more proof Buffalo will start leaning more heavily on Watkins. Even then, I have trouble putting him ahead of the two rookies or any of the more established QBs in the league (at least for now).

We've seen one year of Gurley on a pathetic offense and three years of Bell unable to play a full season. I think Gurley is going to be this generation's AP and tend to believe he'll only get better (and see more work in the passing game) as the Rams continue to improve. With that said, I was still very tempted to go Bell #1.

I think we saw Yeldon's floor and Freeman's ceiling this year. Even if we assume Freeman remains the featured back going into next year, Coleman is a talented back waiting in the wings. Freeman also slowed down big-time as the season progressed. One would also think Yeldon won't lose red-zone carries to Denard Robinson as often in 2016. I own Lewis in my PPR dynasty league and wouldn't mind trading him simply b/c he has never been able to stay healthy as a pro. There's no denying his elusiveness and huge PPR ceiling, but I'll take Rawls' physical running and likely workload going forward over Lewis, who has the aforementioned questionable durability and might be w/o Brady in 2-3 years.

Ultimately, I expect him to be reinstated and for Hue Jackson to use him in the same way he did A.J. Green.

So extremely inconsistent to the point of madness?