Sign in to follow this  
Quickolas1

Buffalo Sabres 2007-08

We may have lost Briere & Drury, we may not be in line for the President's Trophy, Ottawa always seems to kill us (including their cast-offs like Comrie)...

...but we know who can't hang with us - the Toronto Maple Leafs :lol:

here's to '07-08 :P

So is this like...hockey, eh? ;)

In all seriousness, Ducks/Rangers for the Cup. Lots of good acquisitions in the offseason and weren't bad last year. They're favorites for a reason.

You owe a big thank-you to that useless scab Bryan McCabe. :shocking:

Good week for McCabe...he got checked by a net and then scored in his own goal.

All I know is they're getting desecrated Saturday night. :thumbsdown:

Amen Brother, Amen. :shocking:

Do you think Lats will have been sent down by then? He's absolutely no good this year. I'd rather they send him down and call Laps back up.

Amen Brother, Amen. :thumbsup:

Do you think Lats will have been sent down by then? He's absolutely no good this year. I'd rather they send him down and call Laps back up.

I think Latenderness will be a fantastic power forward eventually, he's trying too hard right now.

I will be there for tonights game, first one of the season for me, I should have good idea of how good they are tomorrow.

why didnt his thread start when they were 0-2?

0-2 to my NY ISLANDERS I would like to add.

why didnt his thread start when they were 0-2?

its hard to flaunt 0-2. but honestly, just didnt get around to it.

not a very good start to the year, but i have faith

I joined this discussion last year when the Sabres took off like a shot and I am happy to join now that the Senator are working all who cross their path. :mad:

Unfortunately I am in NJ right now so I won't be able to watch the Senators POUND the Make Believes tomorrow night but I look forward to having Alfie and Heatley move up in the scoring race.

Nice job on getting some hockey coverage going on here early. :mad:

ryan miller is killing my fantasy team..what a fock...

on a side note..it kills me to say it...as i hate brian burke with a passion...but damn...the anaheim ducks are a blast to watch...

Big game tonight, first of two, I can see the Habs coming out of the weekend with 4 more points.

:dunno:

They're gonna have to play better than they did the last time they played the Sabres. That shouldn't be difficult to achieve.

ottawa coming back down to earth (a bit). let's hope they didnt peak too soon.

habs...i believe thats 3 in a row to Buffalo?

slow and steady wins the race...time to chip away at the standings...

:music_guitarred:

yeah, there was tonight.

:wacko:

Man that was ugly. If the Habs lose to the Laffs on Tuesday, I think we'll see some changes. Some guys will be sent down and guys from Hamilton will be given a chance. Can't understand what we are still doing with guys like Smolinski and Kostopoulos when you have guys in Hamilton who won their championship last year and are prolly itching to get a shot in the Bigs. Time to reward some of them by doing more than inviting them to Camp.

Flyers won IN Ottawa tonight.

:rolleyes:

UGLY.

The only good thing that came out of last night was the Loafs losing to Phoenix. Still 6 ahead of them with a game in hand. Sabres looked good, another ex Hab comes back to bite us in the ass.

Sens have played terrible D lately and the goalies have given up a few suspect goals at very bad times.

The Flyers outplayed us yesterday but with halfway decent goaltending the Sens would have pulled it out (the Flyers goalie was brutal early too though).

Flyers are for real, Richards is playing like he is possesed...lots of good hockey to come still!!

:wall:

Sens have played terrible D lately and the goalies have given up a few suspect goals at very bad times.

The Flyers outplayed us yesterday but with halfway decent goaltending the Sens would have pulled it out (the Flyers goalie was brutal early too though).

Flyers are for real, Richards is playing like he is possesed...lots of good hockey to come still!!

:wall:

:cry:

Richards is known as "Captain Canada" up here because of how hard he played representing Canada in junior competition. He is a real leader...a heart and soul type of player.

I still say the Sens will take the East though...if we can get just a little more production from our second and third lines we can get right back on that roll.

GO SENS!! :dunno:

since the sabres, rangers, senators, flyers, canadians and maple leafs are the only teams that anyone cares about, let's throw out a hypothetical:

(edit: and 120 people who care about the islanders due to ranger-inferiority-complex)

canadians and maple leafs are the canadians and maple leafs, so they don't matter

1. hurricanes

2. senators

3. rangers

4. flyers

5. sabres

6. the team that will beat the rangers in rd. 1 wasting all the overpaid talent

7. islanders - they realize they're the islanders

sabres umberger umberger, exacting revenge on the flyers for taking briere

since the senators will be favored this year, a rook that alfredsson doesn't know the name of will skate past him for a shorthanded series-winning goal (let's go with paille), exacting revenge on the senators

the sabres, down to 1 defensemen, point to the stands in game seven at carolina, showing the players that the fans are all wearing nascar outfits and don't realize it's a hockey game, demoralizing the hurricanes, exacting the hurricane-loss demons

andrew peters fights dominick hasek, knocking he and the red wings out for the stanley cup !

...ok who am i kidding. this is buffalo and after brett hull (in his return from retirement) scores after cross-checking miller from inside the net, a game-tying Buffalo goal scored by Tim Connolly will be waived off because Connolly shot the puck after being knocked out cold :)

what % of the islanders rink was filled tonight for the game....

20% ?

25% ?

44 shots on goal and we couldnt put more then 1 behind your overated goalie ?

Ry-an Mil-ler

HE LIKES MEN

what % of the islanders rink was filled tonight for the game....

20% ?

25% ?

with goons like chris simon and Dipietro?

10% now....as of last week it was 25% :overhead:

We may have lost Briere & Drury, we may not be in line for the President's Trophy, Ottawa always seems to kill us (including their cast-offs like Comrie)...

...but we know who can't hang with us - the Toronto Maple Leafs :pointstosky:

here's to '07-08 :overhead:

:doublethumbsup: