Sign in to follow this  
porkbutt

small business geeks "merchant processing"

any of you guys who own your own businesses and take card payments?...how do you know if you're getting best rates on credit payments?? do you even know the extra fees these fockers charge?? im pissed off at mine for charging me $60 one month for not being "pci complaint". i did the focking scan but had to go back to attest?? is this the biggest scam in history of business? god knows what rate they use for different cards. now my guy tells me there's a different rate for corp and personal cards??? wtf!!! i don't even think a lot of people look at their statement.

who do any of you use???

:mad:

Total scam.  

I wish I didn't have to accept cc's, but it would be hard to do biz without that capability.  I got dinged for that pc compliance thing once and went through the roof so they credited me.  There's too much mystery surrounding the industry and too many different players in the space for it not to be suspect.  Those salesmen are about us trustworthy as a digby.  

After about a year and a half of nonsense using 2 different companies, I finally settled on a company called payroc whose hardware and software is easy to use.  I've also raised my prices across the board to cover the fees but I ask for checks instead of credit cards all the time and many customers are happy to switch.  Others want the rewards or the ability to pay off the purchase over time. 

The reward thing alone is such a scam.  2% back on whatever just means the merchant pays higher fees, who in turn raises prices on all consumers.  In effect, all those consumers end up paying for Mr. RewardGuy' trip to Dollywood.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

In effect, all those consumers end up paying for Mr. RewardGuy' trip to Dollywood.  

... and I thank you.  

9 minutes ago, frank said:

Straight cash homie. :banana:

there's a secret war on using cash too.

I use First Data through my bank.  I just checked and last month I paid 3.3%

A year or so ago I bought all the equipment for Square.  That's straight 2.75%, supposedly.

I have yet to switch though.

1 hour ago, fandandy said:

I use First Data through my bank.  I just checked and last month I paid 3.3%

A year or so ago I bought all the equipment for Square.  That's straight 2.75%, supposedly.

I have yet to switch though.

My wife started a small business end of last year (insert gc joke) and has had no problems with the square.

12 minutes ago, kutulu said:

My wife started a small business end of last year (insert gc joke) and has had no problems with the square.

I might still use Square but I can't eliminate First Data as Square doesn't process EBT.