Sign in to follow this  
Patriotica

Carson Palmer says he'll be there on Opening Day

Here's hoping this kid's career rolls on without any after-effects from his injury...

Carson Update

“I don’t have a crystal ball,” he said. “But, no question, that’s what I’m expecting. I still expect to play Game 1 in the preseason.”

good luck to him. im a philly fan but i'd like to see palmer & roethlisberger shoot it out for years to come.

Agreed, nice skills and seems like a good guy, wish him all the best (until any Steelers games)....

Agreed, nice skills and seems like a good guy, wish him all the best (until any Steelers games)....

:lol:

As someone who just watched the entire 1/2 hour press confrence from today, that quote is taken out on context. In summary he basically said he is on schedule, no set backs, and has no idea when we will return, just too early to tell. But as a competitor, he's always optimistic. The preseason comment was in jest about how optimistic he trys to stay. He knows he won't be back by the preseason. Anyone with some free time, go to Bengals.com and check it out. Interesting watch.

Thanks for the perspective Miller Time. After seeing him go down just seeing him back on the field in '06 will be a relief.

In my opinion if he starts opening day he is really pushing it. That means he has to get considerable playing time or practice time in the summer..........I really don't think that is possible and if he does they are foolishly pushing him and he will get hurt.

I wish him the best of luck....he saved my season last year and I expect him to put up huge #'s again

:mellow:

In my opinion if he starts opening day he is really pushing it. That means he has to get considerable playing time or practice time in the summer..........I really don't think that is possible and if he does they are foolishly pushing him and he will get hurt.

I agree, there is no reason to get Palmer in there before he's ready and risk further damage.

Carson could not take one snap all summer and all preseason, and still be head and shoulders above anything else the Bengals could throw out there. If he's healthy, he'll play..regardless of any rust.

He'll be there opening day alright...........cheering his teammates on.

:ninja: :thumbsup:

Carson could not take one snap all summer and all preseason, and still be head and shoulders above anything else the Bengals could throw out there. If he's healthy, he'll play..regardless of any rust.

I'm not talking rust. I know they will have to play him in camp and in the preseason. If this was Ben, I would want him to have nothing to do with camp and miss at least the first few weeks of the season.

If rehabbed properly, he has 10+ years of greatness ahead. If they push him too hard, well his career will be shorter let's put it that way.

Who is Cincy's backup anyway? It almost seems like Cincy is pulling a Chicago (putting all their eggs in one basket with no vet backup?)

I'm not talking rust. I know they will have to play him in camp and in the preseason. If this was Ben, I would want him to have nothing to do with camp and miss at least the first few weeks of the season.

If rehabbed properly, he has 10+ years of greatness ahead. If they push him too hard, well his career will be shorter let's put it that way.

Who is Cincy's backup anyway? It almost seems like Cincy is pulling a Chicago (putting all their eggs in one basket with no vet backup?)

They've been having a hard time finding a backup which I think is a good sign for Palmer owners. If the consensus around the league was that Palmer could miss considerable time next year, I think guys like Frerotte and Griese would have jumped at the chance to run the Bengals' offense with the weapons they have. Therefore, I think the buzz is that Palmer is going to miss little, if any, time and a healthy Palmer leaves no room for someone to grab a #1 job. Then again, I don't know the financial side of the story. Cincinnati could be offering peanuts.