Sign in to follow this  
risberg

Culpepper To Dolphins For 2nd Round Pick

The party boats in Miami are a mere 14 miles from international waters!

I wonder if MN looks at QB in Round 1 now? I say if somebody drops, they scoop him up.

and this is why I love playing in a dynasty league. The NFL always keeeps it interesting

I wonder if MN looks at QB in Round 1 now? I say if somebody drops, they scoop him up.

I bet they take aim at Brees. He doesn't seem to be impressed with NO.

I bet they take aim at Brees. He doesn't seem to be impressed with NO.

Brees and Hutchinson have the same agent...not out of the question....?

Being in MN, I hear a bunch of rumors about the Purple. I get the feeling that they're just as comfortable with Brad Johnson as they would be with Brees--interchangeable. I expect the Vikes to start Johnson and bring in a younger guy whether a FA or a rookie. They are talking with former Packer, Craig Nall. I guess Delhomme was a nobody at one time too though.

I disagree. He is a clear top 5 wr.

Im a huge Chambers fan. I try to get him every year. I'm just not a Culpepper fan.

68 receptions 892 yards 6/7 touchdowns.

Im a huge Chambers fan. I try to get him every year. I'm just not a Culpepper fan.

68 receptions 892 yards 6/7 touchdowns.

I'l say 100 catches for 1200 yards and 12 Td's (should be a great value in the draft for one more year)

I'l say 100 catches for 1200 yards and 12 Td's (should be a great value in the draft for one more year)

Chambers has usually been going in rounds 5-7 in 12 team redrafts the past few years and possibly lower. What did he have 10 or 11 td's this past year? Great season no doubt. Is he worth a late 3rd or 4th round pick as your #1 possibly #2 wr this year? If he was my #2 I would be pumped. A #1 is a bit iffy for me. There is no question his stock has gone way :lol: on paper. But personally I am not a culpepper fan.

JMO

Chambers has usually been going in rounds 5-7 in 12 team redrafts the past few years and possibly lower. What did he have 10 or 11 td's this past year? Great season no doubt. Is he worth a late 3rd or 4th round pick as your #1 possibly #2 wr this year? If he was my #2 I would be pumped. A #1 is a bit iffy for me. There is no question his stock has gone way :shocking: on paper. But personally I am not a culpepper fan.

JMO

yes, I answered you in the other thread

Frerotte has a huge cap number so he will need to be cut, and I don't think Daunte is going to be healthy by the beginning of the year... so who will be the dolphins qb at the beginning of the season? :shocking:

Daunte Culpepper has about the same passing ability as Freotte did, but Cpep has some mobility which will help out the WR's a little bit as he buys himself some time. I see only a slight improvement in anyone's numbers there. This really isnt anything to get excited about imo. The vikings are the one's who got the good deal here.

Frerotte has a huge cap number so he will need to be cut, and I don't think Daunte is going to be healthy by the beginning of the year... so who will be the dolphins qb at the beginning of the season? :rolleyes:

jay fiedler :wub:

Brad Johnson can handle it with the likes of Taylor and Memo and the wizz who still has some sort of contract

i do thinks.

I guess when you have Gus as your QB, this is considered a big upgrade, but I wouldn't want Culpepper.

The guy has had two great years in 00/04, then fell flat the very next year both times. A bad decision maker, a torn up knee, a proven failure as a leader.

there is no way culpepper is ready to go by opening day. from what i have heard it takes a minimum of 12 months to rehad and he just had surgery in december.

Brad Johnson can handle it...

There's word around Minneapolis this morning that the Vikings are looking to move up in the draft for a "top rookie QB."

Now, the speculation: New Orleans does want out of the top 5. Childress might even be pushing for Leinart. I've heard rumblings thatthey like Cutler even more.

Would be another smart Purple move in my mind. Brad plays this year while the rook learns. Then they stick Leinart in next year. Wow. Bad news for the good guys in the yellow hats.

Anyone know what the actual pick number is in the 2nd?

Anyone know what the actual pick number is in the 2nd?

some where between 45 and 55 I think.

some where between 45 and 55 I think.

It's 47. Their own is 51.

Dolphins | Culpepper passes physical

Wed, 15 Mar 2006 12:20:42 -0800

ESPNews reports Miami Dolphins QB Daunte Culpepper (knee) passed his physical Wednesday, March 15, which makes the trade from the Minnesota Vikings for a 2006 second-round draft choice complete.

I disagree. He is a clear top 5 wr.

Chris Chambers had a surprising season. I do not consider him a top 12 WR at this time. That may be good for those of you who disagree, but I am willing to pass up on a guy who has one good season on his resume.

He is a great late #2 or early #3 WR. Somewhere between #15 and 25 WR is where I would place him at the moment.

There's word around Minneapolis this morning that the Vikings are looking to move up in the draft for a "top rookie QB."

Now, the speculation: New Orleans does want out of the top 5. Childress might even be pushing for Leinart. I've heard rumblings thatthey like Cutler even more.

Would be another smart Purple move in my mind. Brad plays this year while the rook learns. Then they stick Leinart in next year. Wow. Bad news for the good guys in the yellow hats.

That would depend on what they had to pay to move up. If you assume a trade with NO, going from 17 to 2 is going to cost them big time, especially if they are competing with the Jets and/or Raiders who have higher picks this year to offer. I wonder what the 49ers or Packers would demand for their picks though?

I just saw this post for KFFL (below), and am looking for a sanity check on this. There is no doubt that this was a great move for Miami in 2007 when Culpepper is 100%. But I understand that Culpepper will likely miss the first month of the 2006 season recovering from his injury. His mobility is one of his greatest strengths, and I have to believe that he will not be moving around like he did before he was hurt.

from KFFL...

Dolphins | Culpepper trade has impact on Super Bowl odds

Thu, 16 Mar 2006 06:29:23 -0800

Harvey Fialkov, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports the Miami Dolphins trade for QB Daunte Culpepper has improved the Dolphins odds of winning the Super Bowl greatly. A week ago, the Stardust Hotel sports parlor had the Dolphins at 25-to-1 to win the Super Bowl. Since the trade for Culpepper, the offshore Pinnacle Sports Book has the Dolphins' odds at 11-to-1.

I just saw this post for KFFL (below), and am looking for a sanity check on this. There is no doubt that this was a great move for Miami in 2007 when Culpepper is 100%. But I understand that Culpepper will likely miss the first month of the 2006 season recovering from his injury. His mobility is one of his greatest strengths, and I have to believe that he will not be moving around like he did before he was hurt.

from KFFL...

Dolphins | Culpepper trade has impact on Super Bowl odds

Thu, 16 Mar 2006 06:29:23 -0800

Harvey Fialkov, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports the Miami Dolphins trade for QB Daunte Culpepper has improved the Dolphins odds of winning the Super Bowl greatly. A week ago, the Stardust Hotel sports parlor had the Dolphins at 25-to-1 to win the Super Bowl. Since the trade for Culpepper, the offshore Pinnacle Sports Book has the Dolphins' odds at 11-to-1.

online at an unmentioned betting site :D they are 15-1, with

Indy being the favorite at 5-1,

NE at 7-1,

PIT at 8-1,

SEA at 10-1,

DEN 12-1, and

CAR 13-1

I guess someone, somewhere really likes what they've done this offseason? or has the inside scoop that they are getting TO. :o