Sign in to follow this  
md61813

Emergency WR Help. Pick 1. WHIR

After another bad manager decision, I'm starting off the week down 18-5. Standard scoring non-PPR. Pick one of these guys as my WR3---explanation would be great :D

Brandon Marshall (at San Francisco)
Sammy Watkins (vs Pittsburgh)
Jordan Matthews (vs Washington)
Malcolm Mitchell (vs Baltimore)

For what it's worth, my other two starting WRs are TY Hilton and OBJ. Tom Brady is my QB, so it could be a double-edged sword with Mitchell.

Thanks! Leave the link to your question below your answer.

Matthews

I think the safe play is Matthews.

I think Watkins is your riskiest but highest ceiling, but can you trust the gamble. I'm debating starting him in the flex as well.

Mitchell I think is the one that intrigues me the most. Brady has to have someone to throw to. Gronk out, Bennett not 100%, Amendola is out. Edelman will draw most of the coverage. Might mean a ton of targets Mitchell's way.

Don't mind Matthews here, but I'm going to select someone different and say Watkins. I say this while also saying you need to pay attention to weather conditions regarding some of these guys; but Watkins is super talented and will be able to make some big plays against Pittsburgh's secondary. He really provides Buffalo with an added dimension they just don't have when he's out of the lineup. If it wasn't for injuries, I think we'd be talking about Watkins and OBJ as some great WR's out of the 2014 draft class.

Already stated...but I agree that Matthews is the safest play. That being said, i wouldn't expect too much out of him. If your matchup this week requires you to score a lot...with risk of course, Watkins has the highest ceiling.

Probably Matthews or Mitchell, but Marshall has a good matchup. I think all 4 of these guys are really close and any is a decent choice for WR3. If I had to pick one right now, I say Mitchell.