Sign in to follow this  
krispykleen

Trade #12

PM gives:

Pick 1.9 in 2005 draft

Horsemen give:

Jerry Porter, WR, OAK

Pick 3.3 in 2005 draft (formerly Ugly Stick's)

My take: I'm slowly putting together some young WR talent to develop, as RB help is not too easy to pick up at this point. Still have picks 1.6 and 1.10, which puts me in position to pick up two of my targeted players in the first.

Bit of a gamble that I'm passing up first round talent, but with Moss on the other side, Porter can flourish as the #2 WR in Oakland. They just invested in him, so I'm hoping he doesn't relax, and that they'll give him plenty of opportunities to build on last season for the $$ they're going to pay him.

Horsemen gets back into the first round without having to break the bank. He's made some nice moves of late.

I cannot process this trade unless you drop someone Krispy..............

You would have 25 players by adding Porter..........

I cannot process this trade unless you drop someone Krispy..............

You would have 25 players by adding Porter..........

Done. :headbanger:

Wow...interesting trade. The base question is....is Jerry Porter worth the 9th pick straight up? It's hard to answer...

i like it! Porter should be very good opposite of Moss in oakland. I can see him in the 1100 and 8 range with upside for more.

This does seem like a step back for my team. I may not get the same value at 1.09 than what Porter's value will be this year, but I'm hoping some talent will slip to that position.

I would prefer Porter than 1.9 right now, but you dont know who might drop to 1.9, so it could go the other way.

I like the deal for Horsemen. The 1.09 should land at very least a solid RB prospect, and they're not easy to come by.

The 1.09 should land at very least a solid RB prospect, and they're not easy to come by.

Like who? The top 3 RBs will likely go in the top 3 picks. Usually if you're picking in the 9-12 region there are slim pickings at RB.

The 1.09 should land at very least a solid RB prospect, and they're not easy to come by.

Like who? The top 3 RBs will likely go in the top 3 picks. Usually if you're picking in the 9-12 region there are slim pickings at RB.

Yeah, because we all know that 1st rounders are the only guys that ever make an impact in the NFL and there are only 3 RB's worth anything in this draft. Those 2nd and 3rd round RB's aren't worth a damn, you can just pluck guys like that from the waiver wire.