Sign in to follow this  
Chasers Dawg

No Clock for Me Anymore !!

Bill, I am P!ssed. I thought that I may not be able to get on line in time to make my pick when I was leaving for work this morning. Spicy still had 3 hrs on the clock. The e-mail I sent said that if I was unable to get back I wished to take Jordan. I had 'til just about 9:00pm EST to make my pick as it turns out. I signed on at 8:30pm EST. Discovered that you had made my pick at 3:40pm. Just prior to people getting home from work and being able to make any offers etc...I also would have had time to change my mind after checking news etc... Am not disputing the choice, just the timing. I work over 12 hrs a day and do a lot of travelling. Don,t mind putting in provisionals but I reserve the right to use my full allotment of time. Provisionals are just that, Just in Case. From now on I will just tell you when I should be able to get back on line and you will just have to wait until then. :( Michael

Chasers,

You told me the night before that you wouldn't be home from work in time to make your pick and that i should do it. You sent me an email telling me to take jordan for you. I did, right before I left for class (at 3:30) and I knew I wasn't going to get home from school until after your timer expired.

So I don't understand what you are upset about?

The pick (do you want someone else)? If so, tell me know and I will change it. If not, what are you complaining about?

Yo Dawg,

Obviously, I am in the more superior league (Landry) but I have a suggestion. Why don't you use the pre-draft option? This way you control your own destiny. No middle man. And if you get back in time to pick live....remove the pre-draft option. It's easy. This will save you alot of aggravation......which means you can only get mad at yourself. Just a suggestion.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

The pre-draft would have picked as soon as it was his turn, but he didn't want that. He wanted to try trading down, using as much time as alotted to find a possible suitor.

2 things I'd like to mention Battle:

1 - Any league that selects Defenses prior to the 10 round is INFERIOR.

2 - The term battle-tested and Air force don't mix.

:(

Proteus71...

Good points.......

1) It wasn't me who took defenses....I'm glad they did...more talent for me ;)

2) That all depends on where you work in the Air Force and who you work with :(

:P :) :) :)

Originally posted by Chasers Dawg:

Bill, I am P!ssed. I thought that I may not be able to get on line in time to make my pick when I was leaving for work this morning. Spicy still had 3 hrs on the clock. The e-mail I sent said that if I was unable to get back I wished to take Jordan. I had 'til just about 9:00pm EST to make my pick as it turns out. I signed on at 8:30pm EST. Discovered that you had made my pick at 3:40pm. Just prior to people getting home from work and being able to make any offers etc...I also would have had time to change my mind after checking news etc... Am not disputing the choice, just the timing. I work over 12 hrs a day and do a lot of travelling. Don,t mind putting in provisionals but I reserve the right to use my full allotment of time. Provisionals are just that, Just in Case. From now on I will just tell you when I should be able to get back on line and you will just have to wait until then.   :( Michael

I agree with Chasers. It seems to me he was just putting in a "just incase I don't make it home in time pick this guy" type request. Thats exactly what we were told to if we were worried about possibly missing a pick. He got home (no doubt excited to wheel and deal) and found that his choice was already made. I too work LONG 11 hour days, as of this past Monday, and I could very well be in the same predicament at some point, but after seeing this I'm just going to do what Chasers is doing... I'll just get home ASAP and make my pick then.

Originally posted by Grigs Allmoon:

I agree with Chasers. It seems to me he was just putting in a "just incase I don't make it home in time pick this guy" type request. Thats exactly what we were told to if we were worried about possibly missing a pick. He got home (no doubt excited to wheel and deal) and found that his choice was already made. I too work LONG 11 hour days, as of this past Monday, and I could very well be in the same predicament at some point, but after seeing this I'm just going to do what Chasers is doing... I'll just get home ASAP and make my pick then.

Hey, do me a favor. Learn both sides of the story before you comment.

He asked me to pick for him because he wasn't gonna get home in time. I picked as late as possible before I had to go to class, I picked at 3:30. Had class from 4:00 till 8:45. So, what exactly did I do wrong?

I don't think Bill did anything wrong. We can't just assume that Bill is going to camp out 24/7 in front of the computer!