Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

2005 - Version 1.1h Released

Note: To get the new projections, ADP data and depth charts, you can use the auto-update in version 1.0, or download 1.1 which already includes the new data and minor fixes described below.

Updating the Projections, Depth Charts, and ADP data in the Compiler is simple...

1. Open the Compiler

2. Go to "inputs" tab

3. Click the "Update Projections" button

:pointstosky:

Version Notes 1.1

Just a few minor changes from version 1.0:

• In Draft Buddy include option to clear (if checked) or keep (not checked) the keepers and draft picks already input when running the Draft Buddy Setup. This is important if you are mid-draft but want to update cheatsheets from the Compiler or change Buddy settings without losing the keepers and draft picks you've already tracked in Buddy.

• Altered WR & DB Roy Williams in the database so the Compiler and Draft Buddy can properly distinguish them from one another. Same thing for QB & TE Alex Smith.

• Some small fixes to the IDP cheatsheet.

Support: Mike MacGregor and Mike Krueger will be offering tech support here at this board or you can send an email to compiler@fftoday.com if you have any questions. We will be happy to help!

Purchase Info: You may make your purchase with your credit card through Paypal, or by check/money order. Order here

You can find out all of the Details about the Compiler & Draft Buddy package by following the link below. You may see similar products on the market but seriously folks, the FF Today Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy is more versatile, has more features, and offers easier access to updates than any other draft manager available. There's just nothing else like it!

FF Today Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy

:headbanger:

Here is a copy of the newsletter sent to all customers as of July 5, 2005:

<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>

FF Today Cheatsheet Compiler and Draft Buddy

Thank You, New Projections, Tips, Tricks and More

<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>

Welcome to another season of fantasy football. What’s that? You never left last season? One just rolls into the other? Well, me too, but I thought I’d make sure to include those who take some time off to reacquaint themselves with their families in the slow months. Now that is over with (wink), let’s gear up for some football...

<>==<>==<> Thank You! <>==<>==<>

The most important reason for this update is we want to send out a big THANK YOU to all of you for purchasing the 2005 FF Today Cheatsheet Compiler and Buddy!

We have a lot of returning customers who jumped in early to take advantage of the discount, plus a number of new recruits. It seems like we have fewer procrastinators at this point in time than in the past. Hmm... this could hurt the bottom line...

No matter, all of the support is greatly appreciated, and the feedback has been tremendous! We received some awesome testimonials from last season which were great to see. Now we’re on to the task of creating even more success stories for 2005. Thanks to all of you!

<>==<>==<> Update to Version 1.1 <>==<>==<>

Participating in a recent online draft myself* I noticed a few things with version 1.0 of the Compiler and Buddy that weren’t major issues but things that needed correcting. The minor fixes were this:

> In Draft Buddy include option to clear (if checked) or keep (not checked) the keepers and draft picks already input when running the  Draft Buddy Setup. This is important if you are mid-draft but want to update cheatsheets from the Compiler or change Buddy settings without losing the keepers and draft picks you’ve already tracked in Buddy.

> Altered WR & DB Roy Williams names in the database so the Compiler and Draft Buddy can properly distinguish them from one another. Same thing for QB & TE Alex Smith.

> Some small fixes to the IDP cheatsheet.

> Corrected the labels for the stat allocation keys in the Compiler (actually, did this a little while ago).

Compiler and Buddy 1.1 are available for you to download from the members area, found here:

http://www.fftoday.com/download

* Zealots Grange Masters, found here if interested (I’m the Bills Z7 team):

http://football.myfantasyleague.com/2005/o...ns?L=64286&O=17

<>==<>==<> Projection Updates <>==<>==<>

As of July 5 we updated the player projections and average draft position data. Depth charts have been updated frequently for the last month. You can use the Update Projections button in the Compiler to grab the new data, or when you download version 1.1 it includes the update as well.

Once training camps open we will shift into a regular weekly update schedule on Thursdays as we did last year. You won’t always receive email reminders of projection updates, but we will always post a note in the Cheatsheet Compiler forum, or you can check the date of our online projections.

Compiler Forum:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showforum=25

FF Today Player Projections:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?act=PlayerProj

<>==<>==<> Copy Settings From 1.0 to 1.1 <>==<>==<>

Do I want you to re-input all your league settings and scoring to get from version 1.0 to 1.1? Heck no. Try this instead:

1. Download version 1.1 and install it in the same directory as version 1.0. If using the self-extracting zip file download, by default it will install in the same directory.

2. Open Compiler 1.1 and open Compiler 1.0.

3. In Compiler 1.1, go to the update (first) tab and use the top box “To Copy League Profiles From Compiler 1.0”.

4. Make sure the Compiler 1.0 filename is specified there correctly (it must be exact).

5. Click the “Copy League Profiles” button. Easy as that.

<>==<>==<> Projection Pal <>==<>==<>

For those who haven’t come across this nifty tool, Projection Pal is one of our big new Compiler features this year. (I’m still partial to the Draft Buddy summary tab as the best new feature.)

Projection Pal is a tool to help import player projections to the Compiler from other websites, for those of you who like to do that sort of thing to complement the FF Today projections we include by default. Note you do NOT need to download and use Projection Pal. This is a completely OPTIONAL add-on for the Compiler.

To use Projection Pal, download the zip file from the members area, extract the Projection Pal .xls file and save it to the same directory as you have your copy of the Cheatsheet Compiler, open it up in Excel and give it a try. Detailed instructions are included within, plus you can take part in this discussion at the Compiler forum:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=129379

<>==<>==<> Tech Support <>==<>==<>

As you can imagine we are getting much busier as the start of the season is steamrolling towards us. If you have a question on using the Compiler and Buddy, or you are getting some kind of error, then please check the Compiler Help Board, found here:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=25

With a little searching you will probably find your question has already been answered previously. Or, post the question and someone might chime in with an answer faster than we can get to it. This is the fastest method to help you keep prepping for your draft without delay.

Also, make sure to check the Help Guide starting here:

http://fftoday.com/compiler/hg_started.htm

Of course, you can still send tech support and feedback emails to compiler@fftoday.com and login questions/issues to login@fftoday.com.

<>==<>==<> Still Useful Links From Last Year <>==<>==<>

What the heck is tiering?

http://fftoday.com/articles/macgregor/tiering.htm

Auction dollar values look funny using Compiler Recommended?

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34753

My league uses Team QB?

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34688

Keeper league where kept players are optional and cost a draft pick?

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34620

Scoring for incomplete passes?

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32389

Which Compiler league profile does Draft Buddy copy over and, managing multiple Draft Buddy files?

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34423

Read and React Individual Defensive Player Article

http://fftoday.com/articles/macgregor/rr_part1.htm

(All right, this last one is just a plug on my part.)

Thanks again to everyone for supporting FF Today. We wish everyone the best of luck in your fantasy football draft and all season. As you probably already know, all of the FF Today articles, stats, forums and other content is available for free on the website. Make sure to check it out and we’ll do all we can to help you bring home that championship trophy (or trophies)!

Regards,

Mike Krueger and Mike MacGregor

- - -

FF Today.com (www.fftoday.com)

Home of the Cheatsheet Compiler and Draft Buddy

The Best One-Two Punch in Fantasy Football!

Guest toddruss

Great product! Used it for the past few years and love it. Wanted to let you know that your version 1.1 has a typo. When trying to copy from 1.0 to 1.1 the filename listed has 2004 instead of 2005. Easy fix for those getting an error (just change the 2004 to 2005 in the filename field). Thanks for a terrific product at a good value. I would love to see the sites B and sites C changed to two other reputable stats sites so that we can compare the cheatsheets and/or assign percentages to each without any hastle. Even if you charged a little more for this version and gave buyers the option. Just a thought! If you have a couple of sites that we can easily download some additional stats please advise. Thanks again and keep up the good work!

Thanks! Glad to have you back!

Good catch on the typo. However, it is interesting to note for returning Compiler users from last year, that people can use the exact same procedure to pull their 2004 league profiles and scoring into the 2005 Compiler. I think it works almost 100% - the only exception being the changes I made to the scoring tab with the split pass/rush yards against for team defense.

As for having other projections in the Compiler at download, we would need to work out licensing agreements with other websites to do that, since the projections are their intangible property. There are really too many variables to make working out one or more of these arrangements a viable option right now.

Guest T-Bird1

How can I upgrade the draft buddy to 1.1 without losing the info i've entered into 1.0 ??

Thanks

Are you using individual defensive players T-Bird? The only changes in Draft Buddy - and they are minor - impact the IDP cheatsheet.

In fact, the draft I am doing right now is with IDP and we're on round 19 out of 40 or more. I'm just going to continue using Draft Buddy 1.0 for it.

Guest T-Bird1

No, we are offense only !!

Then for Draft Buddy I would just stick with 1.0 for this draft. You won't notice any difference.

(I’m still partial to the Draft Buddy summary tab as the best new feature.)

Finally started putting my draft buddy together. I like this feature a lot :huh:

Also love the DB summary tab, but when I try a dry run on the countdown clock I get a run time error 13. Count down will not start. any solutions?

Haven't heard of anyone else with that problem G. Not sure off hand what it could be. What version of Excel are you using? Are you having any issues with the other macros in Draft Buddy?

Mike

Seems to work today, can't figure it out why it was'nt the otherday. Thanks for the fantastic support, forums and the CC & DB. Great job!

Minor new feature which people may or may not want to download.

Now, in the Compiler (starting 1.1c) there is an option to skip the DL, LB and DB tab updates when running the update projections. If your league doesn't use IDP, then you may want this to speed up your update a little bit.

Mike,

I have Excel 97 so I followed the instructions to download Version 1.1c, and to copy everything from Version 1.1. Everything copied over correctly except for the Site B projections-they did not copy over. Is there a way to get those projections copied over or do I have to re-enter them all.

ebers - Some people contacted me who have Excel 97 and they said the update projections feature worked for them. It helped they are using a high speed Internet connection though. If you have that, then try the update. Otherwise I will think of the best way to get the Site B projections over to your 1.1c Compiler.

Guest dwilhite

Can I run the compiler on my Mac? I have Excel but if the program downloads as a .exe file I won't be able to install it.

Hi David. On the member page we have two options to download - a .exe self-extracting zip file and a .zip straight zip file. The straight zip file is up there mainly for Mac users. The Compiler and Buddy files inside both are identical, just the packaging is different.

Mike what are the changes with 1.1d???

Just projections, ADP and depth info. Thats it. If there is any change warranting a new download, then I will change the 1.1 number. Otherwise, changing the letter on the end signifies a projection update.

Just projections, ADP and depth info. Thats it. If there is any change warranting a new download, then I will change the 1.1 number. Otherwise, changing the letter on the end signifies a projection update.

Mike, I was under the impression that all of those were updated via the update button in 1.1b, is that not the case?

Mike, I was under the impression that all of those were updated via the update button in 1.1b, is that not the case?

IIRC, Mike makes the updated projections available for download for Mac users and people using Excel 97 because the update projections button doesn't work for them.