Sign in to follow this  
Autumn Wind

What rule change do you want to vote on next?

I think we should knoc out the legistics of the draft. How many rounds we're doing, and then how many rounds of a supplemental, or how many non-exclusive exemptions we get throughout an entire draft, or whatever.

That kinda stuff :thumbsup:

I think we should knoc out the legistics of the draft. How many rounds we're doing, and then how many rounds of a supplemental, or how many non-exclusive exemptions we get throughout an entire draft, or whatever.

That kinda stuff :headbanger:

everyone gets 1 team, than we have a draft.

After that draft we have a supp draft of the remaining players, 5 rounds? 7 rounds?

Then we start talking trash :headbanger:

I think we should knoc out the legistics of the draft.  How many rounds we're doing, and then how many rounds of a supplemental, or how many non-exclusive exemptions we get throughout an entire draft, or whatever.

That kinda stuff  ;)

everyone gets 1 team, than we have a draft.

After that draft we have a supp draft of the remaining players, 5 rounds? 7 rounds?

Then we start talking trash :headbanger:

I like the idea of giving everyone say 4 or 5 wildcrads. You can use those anytime in the draft for any player. So say I have the first pick (with strictly the Chiefs), and I want Peyton Manning. I draft Peyton, then I only have (if we use 4) 3 more times I can draft ANY player no matter who he played for :D

Wildcard sounds good, but I think it should only be employed after a certain point (say round 4 or 5).

Wildcard sounds good, but I think it should only be employed after a certain point (say round 4 or 5).

good idea :thumbsup:

we should also figure out how many more teams we want to allow in, and start thinking about who we would like to let in!

there was some interest in the "Rich Gannon" thread I started on the geek bored, I know 30 FBT expressed interest. Let me see who else...

we should also figure out how many more teams we want to allow in, and start thinking about who we would like to let in!

there was some interest in the "Rich Gannon" thread I started on the geek bored, I know 30 FBT expressed interest.  Let me see who else...

The more the better, that way there aren't so many elite players to pick.

I too like the "wild card" idea, should start in the 1st round, but once you use one, you can't use another one for 3 rounds. Too confusing? maybe.

Would a wild card allow you to draft someone's exclusive player, or would it be for just the teams we dont have already?

there was some interest in the "Rich Gannon" thread I started on the geek bored, I know 30 FBT expressed interest.  Let me see who else...

I too like the "wild card" idea, should start in the 1st round, but once you use one, you can't use another one for 3 rounds. Too confusing? maybe.

Would a wild card allow you to draft someone's exlusive player, or would it be for just the teams we dont have already?

that's definitely worth mentioning. Maybe we could have everyone submit like 5 exclusives before the draft gets started. then anyone leftover is eligible.

I always wanted to do this to begin with anyways just to kinda speed things up...

also, here's the thread where there was some outside interest to join!

jackal and 30FBT both expressed interest in that thread. We have 15 returning, and then torrid. I wouldn't be oppossed to letting those two in and making 18 teams. Jackal I think ran a playoff league for us last year and did a good job, and 30FBT always seems to be around...

Would a wild card allow you to draft someone's exlusive player, or would it be for just the teams we dont have already?

that's definitely worth mentioning. Maybe we could have everyone submit like 5 exclusives before the draft gets started. then anyone leftover is eligible.

I always wanted to do this to begin with anyways just to kinda speed things up...

by doing this, we're basically having a regular fantasy league with 5 exclusives from one team.

I really think we should have a draft, like last year with our one team.

When that is complete, have a 5 round supplemental draft. That way no one gets screwed and gets their players stolen.

by doing this, we're basically having a regular fantasy league with 5 exclusives from one team.

When that is complete, have a 5 round supplemental draft. That way no one gets screwed and gets their players stolen.

how is that?

I still have to fight for Priest, Trent, Joe Horn, etc., etc., etc...

how is that?

I still have to fight for Priest, Trent, Joe Horn, etc., etc., etc...

ONLY by those teams eligible to draft them, not everyone in the league.

First off I like my idea about the wild cards. :thumbsup: Second, I'm going to have to think about the idea of one vs two draft. Not sure I like having two drafts since things will start to get too complicated.

So as I see it, here's what we've come up with for possibilities:

1-Have a draft just like last year's, but tack on a supplemental draft at the end where you can draft anyone.

2-Employ a draft with wild card spots, that can be used to pick any player from any team. How many wild cards and when you can use them is up in the air.

3-Employ a draft with wild card spots, that can be used to pick any player from any team. However, each team submits a list of exclusive players that cannot be touched no matter what.

Sound about right?

So as I see it, here's what we've come up with for possibilities:

1-Have a draft just like last year's, but tack on a supplemental draft at the end where you can draft anyone.

2-Employ a draft with wild card spots, that can be used to pick any player from any team. How many wild cards and when you can use them is up in the air.

3-Employ a draft with wild card spots, that can be used to pick any player from any team. However, each team submits a list of exclusive players that cannot be touched no matter what.

Sound about right?

yup, those are the 3

sounds good to me :bench:

I like #1

KISS

The sup draft goes in the opposite order of the main draft

Just have one draft with the wild cards available for use in the later rounds. Seems like one draft would be much easier and faster to do than one, IMO. Also if you have a second draft everyone is going to know what everyone's needs are and thus the second draft is going to be very predictable and much more difficult to fill your needs despite wild card picks. At least with one draft you would have some strategy as to when to use the wild card pick.

jackal and 30FBT both expressed interest in that thread. We have 15 returning, and then torrid. I wouldn't be oppossed to letting those two in and making 18 teams. Jackal I think ran a playoff league for us last year and did a good job, and 30FBT always seems to be around...

bump :blink:

Wild card idea is horrible. I thought this was a homer league?

Wild card idea is horrible. I thought this was a homer league?

It looks as if the wild card is going to get voted down anyway.

Wild card idea is horrible.  I thought this was a homer league?

It looks as if the wild card is going to get voted down anyway.

It's not like it's that big of a difference. We're still going to have a draft afterwards with guys like TO, Julius Jones, McAllister, etc. for everyone to choose from...

This will be a lot different than last year!@

Let's vote to see if we should have keepers.

This league is going to exist for the forseeable future, let's have like 2 or 3 keepers.

Wild card idea is horrible.  I thought this was a homer league?

it is a homer league, but having 2 teams was gay for many reasons.

1. No one ever had to make a trade, they had plenty to chose from.

2. Some people got screwed with their 2nd team, which was random

3. With only 2 teams, we're stuck at allowing 16 teams

4. The pats were taken, which left me to take a non homer team last year.

This league is going to exist for the forseeable future, let's have like 2 or 3 keepers.

Having a homer league sort of negates the need for keepers anyway. For instance, I get Jerry Porter anyway because he's always been a Raider, so there's no need to have him as a keeper. If I want Randy Moss too, I have to go out and get him. Drafting strategy is rooned if you allow keepers in this league.

Having a homer league sort of negates the need for keepers anyway. For instance, I get Jerry Porter anyway because he's always been a Raider, so there's no need to have him as a keeper. If I want Randy Moss too, I have to go out and get him. Drafting strategy is rooned if you allow keepers in this league.

What about the Supp Draft? :pointstosky:

How about we discuss scoring changes? I'm mostly interested in IDP scoring changes. The way I see it IDP is in this league to serve the purpose of balancing out talent and giving one the ability to trade however IDP scoring sucks so bad that they are worthless in trade unless you are trading for another IDP player. Last year we didn't get points for assisted tackles and the way that is scored in Yahoo is subjective. Case in point, Zack Thomas always has a lot of tackles in the NFL but he only gets credit for about half of them here because for some reason Yahoo scores tackles differently then NFL.com and other places. To fix this lets just score points for ALL tackles made and recorded. Now I don't remember exactly amount of points scored for each IDP category last year so perhaps we should post that as well as offensive players so we can discuss any changes in this areas before drafting. I really think IDP scoring needs a boost somewhere to make these players worth something because last year they were worth nil.

How about we discuss changes in scoring? I'm really just interested in IDP scoring changes really. The way I see it IDP is in this league to serve the purpose of balancing out talent and giving one the ability to trade however IDP scoring sucks in this league. Last year we didn't get points for assisted tackles and the way that is scored in Yahoo is subjective. Case in point, Zack Thomas always has a lot of tackles in the NFL but he only gets credit for about half of them here because for some reason Yahoo scores tackles differently then NFL.com and other places. To fix this lets just score points for ALL tackles made and recorded. Now I don't remember exactly amount of points scored for each IDP category last year so perhaps we should post that as well as offensive players so we can discuss any changes in this areas before drafting. I really think IDP scoring needs a boost somewhere to make these players worth something because last year they were worth nil.

that's definitely up in the air. I want to get everyone logged in on the yahoo site first though, so they can all see what it is!

I already changed some stuff on my own from last year. I changed yardage from like 1 point for every 20, to 1 for every 10. And QBs from 1 for evry 50, to 1 for every 25.

I think I may have altered TDs a bit too. But definitely everything is up in the air. :lol:

Maybe that can be next week's topic after we get everyone registered at yahoo, and they all have rolled :headbanger: