Sign in to follow this  
rurbaniak

Kick around this Idea.

How about during the regular season, instead of having Waivers each week, we just do Supplement Drafts at Weeks #5, and #10, using the same system we use now to determine Waivers?

Discuss...

Then big (bigger) rosters are a must. How else do you get protection against an injury problem? Or is there an injury pick-up allowed?

Also, if some free agent breaks out (see D.Davis last year) - should the guy who has a kicker break a toe be able to grab him rather than replace his kicker? Perhaps an injury pick-up (if any) should only be allowed for the same position.

I do like the idea, but the details need plenty of discussion. We do this before weeks 3, 6, and 9 in Requiem (without the need to drop).

whoisjgalt:

Then big (bigger) rosters are a must. How else do you get protection against an injury problem? Or is there an injury pick-up allowed?

Also, if some free agent breaks out (see D.Davis last year) - should the guy who has a kicker break a toe be able to grab him rather than replace his kicker? Perhaps an injury pick-up (if any) should only be allowed for the same position.

I do like the idea, but the details need plenty of discussion. We do this before weeks 3, 6, and 9 in Requiem (without the need to drop).

An injury pickup would be ideal. But only if you can't cover that position! You can't go asking to cover an injury if you don't like the matchup the other has..

Also, If you need to cover that injury, you'll need a roster spot available, so you'll need to either place the injured player on IR, or drop someone.

Now, yes, I think we should do a in-season expansion of rosters for the Supplemental, but only a 1 time expansion, not everytime the Supplemental comes around. So that way, you'll need to drop or be below max roster size with Supplemental in season expansion. Then before the next year, we will need to get back down to the 22 Roster spots by draft time..

Another idea, with this is to help, is an Emergency Supplemental Pick! For Example:

Week #3 your only Kicker gets hurt, you need to replace them. Jason Hanson is ripping it up this year, and everyone's just waiting to snap them up at Supplemental.. So you use your Emergency Supplemental pick, which would carry a heavy fine for the next Supplemental Draft, maybe your 1st, and 2nd round picks, or something like that.

I think it would make it interesting..

EDIT: I pulled a boner, and used "Defense" as the example of someone getting hurt! :o

Farmer Bernie:

my head hurts

Come on FB, this one isn't that hard... We just need to make sure everything is fair, like Waivers..

is weekly waivers some sort of major problem? If you need someone between games, pick them up. It seems like a solution in search of a problem.

torridjoe:

is weekly waivers some sort of major problem? If you need someone between games, pick them up. It seems like a solution in search of a problem.

I kind of feel the same way about this...

JGalt, Ted, and myself do a nearly identical system in Requiem except its 30 man rosters with drafts at weeks 3,6,9.

The only real problems with it is...

1. With 30 man rosters and no other waivers, people didn't really seems to care much about their picks, and a lot of people just took defenses if I remember correctly.

2. Without late season waivers, late season players who make their mark aren't available until the rookie/fa draft.

*I just honestly don't have much of a problem with the current system. If we do indeed increase the rosters, then I think this'll be even less of a problem for me.

torridjoe:

pretty much my opinion as well

torridjoe:

Thanks Torrid,

As soon as seen this, I knew this was going to get shot down... Why do I even focking try?? wall

rurbaniak:

Thanks Torrid,

As soon as seen this, I knew this was going to get shot down... Why do I even focking try?? wall

What don't you like about the current system - what makes it unfair?

bigmarc27:

rurbaniak:

Thanks Torrid,

Ok, I don't think the current system is unfair. I was just suggesting a change of pace.. I appreciate your constructive criticism of this, and understand your concerns. You make good points. Unfortunately everyone who has responded hasn't done so in a constructive way.

And to be honest with you, I'm in a real crap ass mood today, so maybe I'm blowing this out of proportion.

The only adjustment I could see making would be to not have the first-come first-served free-for-all drop/adds between the fraft and the start of the season. Instead, just have the first waiver process during the lead-up to week one.

whoisjgalt:

The only adjustment I could see making would be to not have the first-come first-served free-for-all drop/adds between the fraft and the start of the season. Instead, just have the first waiver process during the lead-up to week one.

How do you determine order then? Same as Rookie Draft?

rurbaniak:

torridjoe:

Thanks Torrid,

I believe the waiver system is flawed when teams over .500 were getting priority over the much poorer producing grandpahoo team (an example I recall beefing about during the season).

This particular idea requires a lot of upheaval with expanded rosters and the like, so I'm not sure THIS one is the answer. Unlike the others, I am willing to consider waiver system changes.

rurbaniak:

whoisjgalt:

How do you determine order then? Same as Rookie Draft?
You're right that we'd need to determine a rule. The bad teams got better fraft positions in every round of the fraft, so maybe reversing it would be nice wink .

rurbaniak:

bigmarc27:

rurbaniak:

Thanks Torrid,

Unfortunately everyone who has responded hasn't done so in a constructive way.

And to be honest with you, I'm in a real crap ass mood today, so maybe I'm blowing this out of proportion.

whoisjgalt responded in a constructive way, I guess he is really a nobody. ;D

As I have said in the past, I'd like to keep this league as maintenance free as possible. Rodney's idea is not too cumbersome, but it is not something I'd vote for.

The options related to Transactions and Waivers through RTSports limits us to the following...

Transactions

• Commish Only
  • Free For All
  • Waiver Wire
  • Waiver Wire, Then Free For All

Waivers

• Worst to First by Standings
  • Worst to First by Total Points Scored
  • Determined by Commish

thedanzone

[QB] whoisjgalt responded in a constructive way, I guess he is really a nobody. ;D

Yea, I kind of over looked him...

rurbaniak:

thedanzone:

whoisjgalt responded in a constructive way, I guess he is really a nobody. ;D

Yea, I kind of over looked him...
:twak: