Sign in to follow this  
AirRam

***Shula League Draft Board(or whine) Room***

Needed a receiver but went with a necessary handcuff who is alleged to be the "starter" on paper:

Mike Anderson, RB, DEN

This pretty much assures that Q, Clarett, or Dunkin' Daynuts is that starter this year! :blink:

Needed a receiver but went with a necessary handcuff who is alleged to be the "starter" on paper:

Mike Anderson, RB, DEN

This pretty much assures that Q, Clarett, or Dunkin' Daynuts is that starter this year! B)

If you need a receiver, you know who to call.... :lol:

Hey Tuna, sorry. I saw your offer after I picked. Rolled the dice on Toefield... :thumbsup:

Now if you only had Fred Taylor. ;)

Favorite pick of 6th round so far:

Round 6.07 Overall Pick 87

Knights of the Green & Gold select Faulk, Kevin NEP RB

Was hoping to steal him as a bye-week filler in the later rounds. Excellent pickup if injuries and bye weeks take a toll. Can't believe there's more than half the draft left. You might have to add "Santa Claus", "Easter Bunny", and "Barry Sanders" to the database before long!

I was pretty happy with my Randle-El pick. I was willing to take him almost two rounds ago so good value for a speedy guy that won't get covered as much as Ward does or Burress did.

Favorite pick of 6th round so far:

Round 6.07 Overall Pick 87

Knights of the Green & Gold select Faulk, Kevin NEP RB

Was hoping to steal him as a bye-week filler in the later rounds. Excellent pickup if injuries and bye weeks take a toll. Can't believe there's more than half the draft left. You might have to add "Santa Claus", "Easter Bunny", and "Barry Sanders" to the database before long!

I was pretty happy with my Randle-El pick. I was willing to take him almost two rounds ago so good value for a speedy guy that won't get covered as much as Ward does or Burress did.

Thanks. I figured he could eek out some points if all hell broke loose and having only 2 rbs on the roster was a little uncomfortable.

El will be good again this year since he will remain in the slot where he's most effective. I'm in St. Louis until Friday so I've predrafted. I'll be checking email often, though.

Took Garcia only to piss Ralph off...................... :thumbsup:

Took Garcia only to piss Ralph off...................... :blink:

Which you did.............. :rolleyes:

You bastage

Took Garcia only to piss Ralph off...................... :)

Which you did.............. :thumbsup:

You bastage

:D

Well, just opens up some trade possibilities when the draft is finished.................. :cry:

Very pleased to pick up Shockey at 7.03. Could put up similar numbers as Toomer who went almost two rounds earlier. :rolleyes:

Very pleased to pick up Shockey at 7.03. Could put up similar numbers as Toomer who went almost two rounds earlier.  :rolleyes:

If you didn't take him, he was #2 on my draft board (after Crumpler who was taken). Still, I couldn't be happier with Terry Glenn as my #5 receiver in a league this deep. When he's playing, he's a solid receiver that often falls under the radar. Reunited with Drew Bledsoe, I can see these two hooking up for some nice deep scores against poor defenses.

Then again, with Gardner in Carolina, it's quite possible that Glenn will become my #2 receiver by default! :rolleyes:

I like Washington's defense where I picked them up. Nice favorable schedule and I was willing to take them 4 rounds ago when I thought a run of defenses was coming. Plus, since we have points for points allowed, Washington should provide steady weekly bonus points in addition to their sacks and turnovers.

It's pretty telling that the only two picks I've made that I have been happy with are a #5 oft-injured receiver and a freakin' defense! :rolleyes:

Terry Glenn was a nice pick at that point as he wouldn't have made it past me after that. He was putting together some nice games before he got injuried last year.

Terry Glenn was a nice pick at that point as he wouldn't have made it past me after that. He was putting together some nice games before he got injuried last year.

And we all know that "she" is the poster child for "good health"!

Hey Miller, since you took the guy at the top of my draft board (great pick by the way! He could be used more than people think), wanted to know what you thought of my 2nd choice.

Chad & TJ won't do all by themselves and if Warrick (just 2 years removed from a 1k yard season) ends up in a "Gardner-like" position, even better!

Pick 12.09: 12:0 hour time limit expired on Arctic Dawgs- system has automatically made a pick of Campbell, Jason WAS QBPick 12.10:

<_<

Hey Miller, since you took the guy at the top of my draft board (great pick by the way! He could be used more than people think), wanted to know what you thought of my 2nd choice.

Chad & TJ won't do all by themselves and if Warrick (just 2 years removed from a 1k yard season) ends up in a "Gardner-like" position, even better!

Great value at this point, the problem is Warrick's health. He is still a question mark and is not participating in camp yet due to his knee. If he can get that leg healthy, yeah you may have just got a nice pick up.

Miller:

I had to Google Henry to see who the hell he is and found the following link about him. Sounds like a good rookie wr to have.

Kid sounds like he has a ton of talent, but has had some attitude problems in the past. The character issues caused him to slide more then he probally should have. He has really impressed alot of peoiple in the organization so far, including Chad Johnson, who has kinda taken him under his wings. They spent some time this summer working together. Chad's great work ethic should be a positive influence on him. If Warrick does not get healthy, he could see some action as the 3rd WR as it appears Washington has fallen out of favor with the coaching staff a bit.

Great value at this point, the problem is Warrick's health. He is still a question mark and is not participating in camp yet due to his knee. If he can get that leg healthy, yeah you may have just got a nice pick up.

GR, also found this article on Warrick:

http://www.bengals.com/press/news.asp?iCur...=0&news_id=3017

Miller:

I had to Google Henry to see who the hell he is and found the following link about him. Sounds like a good rookie wr to have.

He scored a 9 on the Wonderlic test....which i think makes him somewhere between a retard and a squirrel on the intelligence spectrum :pointstosky:

Miller:

I had to Google Henry to see who the hell he is and found the following link about him.  Sounds like a good rookie wr to have.

He scored a 9 on the Wonderlic test....which i think makes him somewhere between a retard and a squirrel on the intelligence spectrum :pointstosky:

This is Tuna's funniest post since "Tom Brady is better than Joe Montana".

Miller:

I had to Google Henry to see who the hell he is and found the following link about him.  Sounds like a good rookie wr to have.

He scored a 9 on the Wonderlic test....which i think makes him somewhere between a retard and a squirrel on the intelligence spectrum :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Miller:

He scored a 9 on the Wonderlic test....which i think makes him somewhere between a retard and a squirrel on the intelligence spectrum :thumbsdown:

Never said he was smart, but as long as he knows what routes to run I could give a sh!t less. WR's don't have to be the smartest guys on the team!

And we all know that "she" is the poster child for "good health"!

I was surprised "she" dared to get injured while playing for Parcells!