Sign in to follow this  
Alimony Tony

Williams And Clarett

We all know that they weren't drafted. However ther COULD be a supplemental draft at some point before the season. All I'm looking for is a simple reply of option A or B.

A. Both players are eligible to be drafted at your own risk. You will get no roster exemption.

B. Both players are ineligible until 2005.

A, couldn't you have done a poll? :(

I vote B. They arent eligible for the NFL now, so why should they be for us?

I vote B.  They arent eligible for the NFL now, so why should they be for us?

Because they could be eligible in the supplimental draft, and neither are going to be allowed back to college anyway.

I vote A

Because they could be eligible in the supplimental draft, and neither are going to be allowed back to college anyway.

"Could be" and "is" are two different things. I'll go with whatever the majority says, but want to get my thoughts out there in the meantime.

Hypothetical question...if we go with 'A', I draft Williams, and then Williams is let back into USC, would I still have him for the 2005 season? Or would he go back into the draft pool?

"Could be" and "is" are two different things. I'll go with whatever the majority says, but want to get my thoughts out there in the meantime.

Hypothetical question...if we go with 'A', I draft Williams, and then Williams is let back into USC, would I still have him for the 2005 season? Or would he go back into the draft pool?

I'd like to know the answer to that question as well.

Why are we making a special exemption for these two? If they are in the sup draft, we should handle them the way we have handled sup draftees in the past.

My understanding from the past discussions is that once you draft either one they are yours, you can't lose them no matter what happens to them in regards to college, the draft, etc...

The only risk to you is if they aren't allowed to play in the NFL this year, you have to hold them on your roster for a year without an exemption.

Once you draft them, they are yours.

Fair enough