Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheCheat

Week 3 Smack!

Guest TheCheat

Since my club's coming off a loss, let me just apologize up-front for what the Stranglas are going to do this w/end, rex. (This is going to hurt you more than it hurts me. :rolleyes: )

Whoa! Lets tone down that sig line, shall we? Don't 90% of you guys surf the board at work?

If I am not mistaken, gramatically, the "listen to this homo" targets the speaker. If it was to target the listener wouldn't it be "listen to this, homo" ???

Depends on what (this or homo) is the direct object of the verb (to listen)

"this homo" seemes to implicate the speaker making a confession. while "this, - note it directes the object of the verb to the word this - , homo becomes a tag for whom needs to listen.

I just write fiction in my spare life, what do I know.

Guest TheCheat
Whoa! Lets tone down that sig line, shall we? Don't 90% of you guys surf the board at work?

Sorry...I lost a .sig bet and that's what I got saddled with by a Panthers fan. :headbanger: (It's *supposed* to refer to me.) It'll be gone next Mon. morning unless some well-respected FFToday representative asks me to change it! :blink: (Honor precludes me from doing it myself.)

(And yes, the ambiguity of whose sexual preference is being described in the line wasn't lost on me but, hey, I didn't write it...I wasn't gonna help the guy slam me. :headbanger: )

well, Honor is a good thing to stand for, even if you have to look a little silly sometime in the execution.

:rolleyes:

In an odd attempt at mind-games, I am going to declare that the Underdogs are HUGE favorites this week. Any member of the team is therefore welcome to join the ranks of the Dixie Devils so that they may truly remain, as the name suggests, underdogs. :unsure:

:angry: :huh:

In an odd attempt at mind-games, I am going to declare that the Underdogs are HUGE favorites this week. Any member of the team is therefore welcome to join the ranks of the Dixie Devils so that they may truly remain, as the name suggests, underdogs. :D

:lol: :clap:

Just one more puny obstacle on my way to a perfect record. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cadillac will run 150 yards with the cast on. Mark it down. He's that good.

I just gotta say that the QB scoring in this league is way out of whack.

And that's not just because my QBs ... well... SUCK!

I log on after seeing that Alexander has 140+ yards and 4 TDS...and he's got less than half the points of Bulger.

Yes, I've got SA at only 60% carries. But my other runner is Duckett, who had an ok game.

Yet I'm getting killed by Bulger. There is no way a 290 yard, 3 TD, 1 INT performance should be worth 50 FOCKING POINTS.

:headbanger: :wall: :angry: :unsure: :wall: :angry: :mad: :mad:

I just gotta say that the QB scoring in this league is way out of whack.

And that's not just because my QBs ... well... SUCK!

I log on after seeing that Alexander has 140+ yards and 4 TDS...and he's got less than half the points of Bulger.

Yes, I've got SA at only 60% carries. But my other runner is Duckett, who had an ok game.

Yet I'm getting killed by Bulger. There is no way a 290 yard, 3 TD, 1 INT performance should be worth 50 FOCKING POINTS.

:mad: :wall: ;) ;) :wall: :headbanger: :mad: :mad:

Agreed. Scoring is pretty bad in this league.

The scoring continues to be ridiculous. Here an example from my game.

I've got Palmer who throws 3TDs and scores 35 points. Destroyers has Manning who throws for 0TDs and still scores 28 points. Completions are totally over valued in this format.

On another weird score I've got the Vikings O-line who some how produce a negative score. Right, that sounds right. :wall:

On another weird score I've got the Vikings O-line who some how produce a negative score. Right, that sounds right.

Yeah, 7 sacks won't get the job done. They did win though, some pts for that?

Good win, rex. :shocking:

My team is the suxor. :rolleyes:

Given that I have no idea how the scoring goes - the game is far from over.

I'll believe the score on Tuesday night.

In an odd attempt at mind-games, I am going to declare that the Underdogs are HUGE favorites this week. Any member of the team is therefore welcome to join the ranks of the Dixie Devils so that they may truly remain, as the name suggests, underdogs.  :unsure:

:P  B)

Just one more puny obstacle on my way to a perfect record. :angry: :mad: :angry:

Cadillac will run 150 yards with the cast on. Mark it down. He's that good.

:o :lol:

My plan might have actually worked!

Here's to hoping that Putzier and Bell can hold off Lelie, but that Lelie catches at least one ball to keep T. Taylor from reaching WR3 status :lol:

All that money that I threw at D looks like it may not have been such a bad idea after all. :lol: