Sign in to follow this  
Black Ice

Frank Gore

just noticed the Gore stat line. Granted, they were probably trash time stats...and yes I may be reading too much into it but...for those that watched the game, how did he look. Gimme the inf0z. :pointstosky:

take away his 72 yard run he was 8-17 a whopping 2.125 ypc

HTH

right, because that 72 yard run neither counted nor existed

:pointstosky: i hate it when people do that

Just read on Rotoworld that Barlow left with a knee injury...was it serious?

no. quad, not knee.

nothing serious, so far. But time will tell if the initial reporting is accurate.

don't go out and grab up Gore just yet.

no. quad, not knee.

nothing serious, so far. But time will tell if the initial reporting is accurate.

I have serious bye issues week 9 (McGahee and JJones), and I need Barlow. To be safe, I picked up Gore...

Gore had a total of 2 carries for one yard in the first half and was brought into the game when the 49ers were already down by 42 and Barlow bruised his quad. The Redskins had pulled several starters and were sitting back in a two deep prevent so he was able to bang out a long run when the game was a total blowout. Hardly a reason to celebrate.

Barlow looked pretty good, about 4 yards per carry and he ran hard. Alex Smith is gonna kill the value of both RB's for the rest of the season.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20051023_SF@WAS

take away his 72  yard run he was  8-17 a whopping 2.125 ypc

HTH

:unsure: i hate it when people do that

normally I'm with you on that. however the 72 yards run came with the score 52-10, so Washington wasn't exactly playing run defense or even much into teh game at all at that point.

Garbage run or not, I'll take it..I had to start him as an only option, and I sure as heck didnt expect the 14(MUCH NEEDED)pts he provided....I about fell out of my chair when I seen it, esepcially since the Niners looked like a bad college team offensively and defensively....Didnt know Barlow got dinged as I figured Gore would get some time anyway being that the Skins were handing it to them in a throw in the towel situation..And take away Gore's 72yd run, he still wouldve almost had as much points as Tomlinson...Dont knock garbage time....As they say, "1 mans garbage is another mans treasure" .... :o :mad: :banana: :D

Garbage run or not, I'll take it..I had to start him as an only option, and I sure as heck didnt expect the 14(MUCH NEEDED)pts he provided....I about fell out of my chair when I seen it, esepcially since the Niners looked like a bad college team offensively and defensively....Didnt know Barlow got dinged as I figured Gore would get some time anyway being that the Skins were handing it to them in a throw in the towel situation..And take away Gore's 72yd run, he still wouldve almost had as much points as Tomlinson...Dont knock garbage time....As they say, "1 mans garbage is another mans treasure" .... :huh: :huh: :banana: :D

If you were starting Frank Gore @ WASH, then you have one sorry team there and you got HELLA lucky.

Garbage run or not, I'll take it..I had to start him as an only option, and I sure as heck didnt expect the 14(MUCH NEEDED)pts he provided....I about fell out of my chair when I seen it, esepcially since the Niners looked like a bad college team offensively and defensively....Didnt know Barlow got dinged as I figured Gore would get some time anyway being that the Skins were handing it to them in a throw in the towel situation..And take away Gore's 72yd run, he still wouldve almost had as much points as Tomlinson...Dont knock garbage time....As they say, "1 mans garbage is another mans treasure" ....    :huh:  :huh:  :D  :D

If you were starting Frank Gore @ WASH, then you have one sorry team there and you got HELLA lucky.

I agree with you on that one... :banana:

Guest brownhelmets

HTH

:lol: i hate it when people do that

:lol:

Guest Johnny Holmes

Barlow has a bruised thigh.

Gore had a long run but they were already losing by 40 some points. and the D was relaxed with second teamers in.

I would not read too much into it.

Garbage run or not, I'll take it..I had to start him as an only option, and I sure as heck didnt expect the 14(MUCH NEEDED)pts he provided....I about fell out of my chair when I seen it, esepcially since the Niners looked like a bad college team offensively and defensively....Didnt know Barlow got dinged as I figured Gore would get some time anyway being that the Skins were handing it to them in a throw in the towel situation..And take away Gore's 72yd run, he still wouldve almost had as much points as Tomlinson...Dont knock garbage time....As they say, "1 mans garbage is another mans treasure" ....    :headbanger:  :blink:  :banana:  :D

Hey.. mans gotta do what a mans gotta do...especially since I was at the mercy of the bye week with 3 of my potential starters as a part of it ...But they say in the world of football..its good to be lucky sometimes... :thumbsdown: Giddy up ...

HTH

;) i hate it when people do that

Exactly. I am not calling him Barry Sanders or anything close to Barry Sanders but he routinely had #'s like that and then busted a big one.

Gore runs with power if you have watched any of his games. He will run over or around people. He is $ in the future. The only thing that can hold back Gore is Alex Smith's ineptitude. He is awful. I have seen zero glimpses so far of anything resembling NFL QB talent.

no. quad, not knee.

Yeah wait until he is declared the starter and get in line.

no. quad, not knee.

Yeah wait until he is declared the starter and get in line.

Maybe you should, you know, watch a game or two - or at least read the recaps.

With Barlow playing well the last month+, averaging close to 5 YPC over his last 4 games and scoring a 17 yd TD this week against WASH, he isn't in danger of losing his job anytime soon to a rookie RB who can't pass protect the rookie QB. Not to mention his 6 million dollar salary - but the pass protection is the key. They want Alex Smith alive for next season - unlikely if Gore becomes the starter. He has a learning curve to catch up on. As a Niner fan, I love the draft pick to motivate Barlow (and it's worked) and I love his aptitude for the future. Imagine the Niners with a more mature Alex Smith, a rebuilt O-Line and using those extra draft picks/cap room to pick up a decent receiver and shore up the secondary and the future looks bright - Barlow/Gore make a nasty 1-2 punch if the rest of the team gets clicking. But that is the future - not now. Now they need Barlow because he can block, and since his offensive performance has been solid as of late, there's no reason to bench him and many reasons to start him.

Learning the big picture and making assesments based on reality is a lot more accurate than pulling hyperbole out of your arse and stating it as though it were gospel. It's a tip.

HTH

:banana: i hate it when people do that

Exactly. I am not calling him Barry Sanders or anything close to Barry Sanders but he routinely had #'s like that and then busted a big one.

Gore runs with power if you have watched any of his games. He will run over or around people. He is $ in the future. The only thing that can hold back Gore is Alex Smith's ineptitude. He is awful. I have seen zero glimpses so far of anything resembling NFL QB talent.

The O-Line, although mildly promising, is the number one red flag at the moment.

Yeh Barlow had a great run on that TD and alot of his other carries were aroudn 5 yards a pop. Too bad he got dinged up and didnt get the garbage time stats though. I know most people always say dont take away the long run, but when the game is out of hand by 40 points and 3rd stringers are in, i think it may actually apply.

HTH

:pointstosky: i hate it when people do that

yeah cos when the niners are in 3rd and 376262 gore will always bust out a 99 yard run on a draw play ;) , and your wrong about alexia smith, the guy will be a stud, nolan did the right thing letting him take his lumps this year.

Barlow looked pretty good, about 4 yards per carry and he ran hard. Alex Smith is gonna kill the value of both RB's for the rest of the season.

NO NO NO

hes done much better with Smith than Rattay, his YPC have gone up and he had his best outing of the season(99 yds vs IND)

seeing as one of those games was against a very good Washington D and the games with Rattay were against SF, ARI, PHI, and DAL, id say Rattay was killing him

with 3 tough games ahead, im happy with CuMar, Ronnie, and Barlow for my flex

with Smith playing, i feel alright starting him

They say Barlow is fine and listed as probable.

The Contra Costa Times reports the 49ers are listing Barlow as probable for Week 8's game against the Buccaneers

I know people got burned by him last year but he is putting up numbers and running hard this year.

In our league he has put up 10-7-10-6-12-11 points. Nice # 3 back numbers and a guy you use on bye weeks. Forgetting about Fantasy he is running for 4.2 yards a carry and 15 receptions for 115 yards and averaging 8 yards a catch. Not bad

Hey he has more fantasy points than Jamal Lewis , Fred Taylor , Kevin Jones , AHaman Green & TJ Ducket . Guys who were drafted rounds before him so his value is better than where he was drafted. These are guys some people are using as there #1 or #2 backs so it kinda puts it in perspective.

And why do people think they want to see a youth movment in SF . How old do people think Barlow is .Hes 26 years old not 36.

They say Barlow is fine and listed as probable.

The Contra Costa Times reports the 49ers are listing Barlow as probable for Week 8's game against the Buccaneers

I know people got burned by him last year but he is putting up numbers and running hard this year.

In our league he has put up 10-7-10-6-12-11 points. Nice # 3 back numbers and a guy you use on bye weeks. Forgetting about Fantasy he is running for 4.2 yards a carry and 15 receptions for 115 yards and averaging 8 yards a catch. Not bad

Hey he has more fantasy points than Jamal Lewis , Fred Taylor , Kevin Jones , AHaman Green & TJ Ducket . Guys who were drafted rounds before him so his value is better than where he was drafted. These are guys some people are using as there #1 or #2 backs so it kinda puts it in perspective.

And why do people think they want to see a youth movment in SF . How old do people think Barlow is .Hes 26 years old not 36.

People are totally bitter about having listened to the hype last year and they bash on him despite the numbers.

they should have listened to us Niners homers instead of the hype machine, because we all knew that it would be the worst year ever for the lame duck Erickson era Niners. Lo and behold, tough to be a top RB on a craptastic 2-12 team like that.

Someone had my statement that he'd finish the year as a "top 15 back at a 5th round price" in their autosig...haven't seen that tag line for a while...must be because I was right. <_<