Sign in to follow this  
GuidingLight

Packer fans....

Didn't get to see the game. Last I saw, they were up big. What happened, in your own words? I really thought Green Bay had a great chance to win the division and I see all others in the division won today. How do you feel about your chances now? For some reason, I still think they can beat every team in this division any day.

not drunk yet so no bashing

Injuries. It was a M.A.S.H unit out there dropping like flies. After Ferguson went down, the passing game suffered. After Green went down the running game collapsed. 2 or 3 defenders went down as well. It wasn't pretty.

Oh yeah, the season is effectively over in any situation, but if Green or Ferguson is out long term, we're talking top 5 draft pick for sure.

Mike Sherman...Ryan Longwell...injuries...Mike Sherman...Ahmad Carroll....Mike Sherman.

Injuries to Ferguson, Green, and Collins certainly did not help.

2 missed field goals by Longwell.

Poor coverage on special teams, short kickoff by longwell at the end.

Sherman and Bates agressive in the first half and sat back in the 2nd half.

No running game, yet we call a run on 3rd down at the end when Favre was moving the ball pretty well through the air.

And the TD to Robinson...could have gone either way, thought Sherman should have challenged though as he bobbled a few times and ended up not even holding it through the endzone.

And the TD to Robinson...could have gone either way

:mad:

What I am saying is, there is a possibility that he never had control. It was worth another look by the officials. Care to deny that? (Im not saying he never had control...just that it is possible that he did not). IMO Sherman should have probably challenged it.

Minnesota needed a 56 yard field goal at home to barely beat the GB second/third string team.

When the Packers were relatively healthy in the first half they were completely dominating both sides of the ball.

Injuries are part of the game. Unfortunately the Packers are getting hit hard. :mad:

vikings just made all the plays they had to in the second half to pull out the victory. pack played a good game but couldnt make the big play on offense or the big stop on defense the second half.

i cant believe we're getting excuses.

blaming it on the mrob play? looked like a catch to me, i didnt even know if was disputed at all. not to mention that the call of offensive pass interference the previous play was pretty clearly crap since roman was in his way.

blaming it on injuries? the vikings have been ravaged all season by injuries too, and its not like we suddenly got healthy the second half. the o line has been banged up and the defense has been in shambles injury-wise.

bottom line is that you guys dominated the first half, and we dominated the second half more. it was a game of halves, and a good game over all. favre couldnt miss a beat in the first half, but give the vikes credit for making changes at the half to take driver mostly out of the game and finding some way to finally get daunte into a rhythm.

good game overall and we finally got you guys by a field goal. do it all over again in a few weeks at your place, and i have no doubt that the results may well be different.

And the TD to Robinson...could have gone either way

:rolleyes:

What I am saying is, there is a possibility that he never had control. It was worth another look by the officials. Care to deny that? (Im not saying he never had control...just that it is possible that he did not). IMO Sherman should have probably challenged it.

yea, I'll deny that.

He made the catch and had full control when both feet were down. It was on his way out the back of the endzone that Carroll tried to strip it out. I'm positive that the ball moved when he did that, but so what. The possesion was established so end of play. It would have been a waste of a timeout.

Yes...it came out at the end...but it was a quick bang bang play and he appeared to juggle it a bit when it first came in.

All I am saying is it was worth another look. (another reason why I think Sherman is an idiot)

Hey, if the Vikings want to feel good about this game, that's fine with me. The Packers were bad going in and got worse during the game due to injuries.

Packers suck...the excuse of injuries is sooo lame...Green got injured in the fourth quarter with about 7 minutes to go...look at his yards per rush. The packers got the lead in the first half because the Vikings gave away opportunities like fumble on 25 yards. Vikes D played great in the second half and the CPep took the Packers D apart...

So, in general, don't use lame excuses for your loss. Just accept that the Vikes played great football to cover the 17 points deficit...with this victory they will be back as the favorites for NFC North. :wall: :cheers: :cheers: :rolleyes: :wall: :banana:

blaming it on the mrob play? looked like a catch to me, i didnt even know if was disputed at all. not to mention that the call of offensive pass interference the previous play was pretty clearly crap since roman was in his way.

blaming it on injuries? the vikings have been ravaged all season by injuries too, and its not like we suddenly got healthy the second half. the o line has been banged up and the defense has been in shambles injury-wise.

bottom line is that you guys dominated the first half, and we dominated the second half more. it was a game of halves, and a good game over all. favre couldnt miss a beat in the first half, but give the vikes credit for making changes at the half to take driver mostly out of the game and finding some way to finally get daunte into a rhythm.

good game overall and we finally got you guys by a field goal. do it all over again in a few weeks at your place, and i have no doubt that the results may well be different.

Not excuses...reasons.

I am not blaming the MROB play. I am saying it is an indication of the idiotic nature of Mike Sherman.

He pushed Roman down...clear he was in his way? Maybe...but he put his hands on his back and pushed him away.

The Vikings are missing 2 of their top 3 WRs, their top 2 RBs, their Center...LBs, S...?

Not blaming it on injuries...but it is part of why that game was lost.

Packers suck...the excuse of injuries is sooo lame...Green got injured in the fourth quarter with about 7 minutes to go...look at his yards per rush. The packers got the lead in the first half because the Vikings gave away opportunities like fumble on 25 yards. Vikes D played great in the second half and the CPep took the Packers D apart...

So, in general, don't use lame excuses for your loss. Just accept that the Vikes played great football to cover the 17 points deficit...with this victory they will be back as the favorites for NFC North. :wall: :cheers: :cheers: :rolleyes: :wall: :cheers:

:banana:

Are you denying injuries contributed to this loss?

You can't believe you're getting excuses?

You're not familiar with Packer fans, are you??? :cheers:

I can't believe you couldn't notice what a huge difference injuries were making. When the Packers were relatively healthy, that first half was a joke 17-0, 260-50 in total yards.

The second half reminded me of the playoff game. The Vikings aren't that terrible of a team. No Walker, no Ferguson. Double team Driver and make some World League receiver who hasn't played a down all year beat you. No Green, no Davenport. Make Fisher beat you. Even with this, the Packers were still moving the ball at points. I haven't even :wall: about the missed field goals yet.

I didn't :wall: about the injuries, I mentioned them. How could you not? You would surely, too, in the same situation.

Culpepper played well and did the things he had to do to win. Congrats on the victory. :rolleyes:

So, in general, don't use lame excuses for your loss. Just accept that the Vikes played great football to cover the 17 points deficit...with this victory they will be back as the favorites for NFC North. :wall:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :rolleyes:  :wall:  :cheers:

:banana:

Absolutely...injuries didn't make any difference. A Green wasn't even a factor in the game. Robert F was catching the ball well but Packers were leading by 17 points...!!!!! I think Vikings completely dominated the game in the second half and I don't think that was because of the injuries. That was because the Packers don't have defense. The score of this game would have been 40-17 if the Vikings have played the first better.

cry me a river. injuries are a part of the game. the lions lost bly and shaun rogers early in the game today--along with kevin johnson--to go along with bryant (out for the year), roy williams (2 weeks running) and charles rogers (month suspension) AND no luxury of having brett favre at qb AND they still won on the road today and are .500.

excuse me: what the fock are the packers excuses again? not injuries: THEY SUCK.

i can't believe i'm sitting here listening to you cheeseheads make excuses and point to robert friggin ferguson's injury as a key turning point in the game :pointstosky:

stop whining and take your deserved lumps.

Typical....anyone who know's anything about packer fans know's that they are so full of excuses its sickening....first of all you didn't dominate anyone in the first half,the way the vikings played the gopher would have been winning. secondly,who doesnt have injuries? Our best o-lineman has been out all year,our best pash rusher is out for the year,our best receiver just came back after missing 4 weeks.lastly, what did Mike Sherman do that cost you gu's the game?

You Packer fans need a dose of reality, All the stupid excuses in the world wont help,you guy's got lucky in the first half and dominated in the 2nd half.

So, in general, don't use lame excuses for your loss. Just accept that the Vikes played great football to cover the 17 points deficit...with this victory they will be back as the favorites for NFC North. :pointstosky:  :pointstosky:  :lol:  :pointstosky:  :thumbsdown:  :lol:

:pointstosky:

Absolutely...injuries didn't make any difference. A Green wasn't even a factor in the game. Robert F was catching the ball well but Packers were leading by 17 points...!!!!! I think Vikings completely dominated the game in the second half and I don't think that was because of the injuries. That was because the Packers don't have defense. The score of this game would have been 40-17 if the Vikings have played the first better.

Green was a bit of a factor.

Ferguson was a very big factor...gives Favre someone else to go to when they are blanketing Driver...which they ended up dong. Much better option that Chatman...

Yes, they were leading by 17 points...and then were without their #1 and #3 WR, their #1 and #2 RB.

Then lost Collins (their starting safety).

Denying that injuries were not a factor may be one of the most ignorant statements you could make about this game. Not the only factor...but a factor. The Vikings did do much better in the second half...Packers held them at times for FGs...but gave up on the pressure as well. And Green Bay dominated the 1st half. But with 2 missed FGs...they did not dominate enough.

Would have been 42? Did you even watch the first half? Would have...blah blah blah....you want to talk woulda coulda shoulda? The packers lost by 3 points...and missed 6 points worth of FGs.

cry me a river. injuries are a part of the game. the lions lost bly and shaun rogers early in the game today--along with kevin johnson--to go along with bryant (out for the year), roy williams (2 weeks running) and charles rogers (month suspension) AND no luxury of having brett favre at qb AND they still won on the road today and are .500.

excuse me: what the fock are the packers excuses again? not injuries: THEY SUCK.

i can't believe i'm sitting here listening to you cheeseheads make excuses and point to robert friggin ferguson's injury as a key turning point in the game :pointstosky:

stop whining.

:pointstosky: All you do is whine. :thumbsdown:

Packers completely dominated on the road when they were kind of healthy in the first half.

It's what happened. Facts. Get over it.

You're team is going nowhere for the 49th season in a row. :pointstosky:

Shut the hell up moron.

Nobody is saying it is the only reason.

Your little lap dog puppy pal asked about the game...we told him what went on.

If you deny Ferguson's injury was a factor you are more delusional and ignorant than I first thought.

And let me let you in on a little secret...your lions suck too.

i can't believe i'm sitting here listening to you cheeseheads make excuses and point to robert friggin ferguson's injury as a key turning point in the game  :pointstosky:

Shut the hell up moron.

If you deny Ferguson's injury was a factor you are more delusional and ignorant than I first thought.

yeah, fergie going out had everything to do with culpepper lighting the packer secondary up like a christmas tree in the second half.

again: we're talking about ROBERT FERGUSON! does anyone else find that ironic?

Hey, if the Vikings want to feel good about this game, that's fine with me.  The Packers were bad going in and got worse during the game due to injuries.

It's not so much about feeling good about the win is that it feels nice to know that the Pack sucks even harder than the Queens, which is quite the accomplishment.

3rd string Packers are very slightly worse than the Queens on the road.

First-string Packers were completely dominating them.

HTH :pointstosky:

Typical....anyone who know's anything about packer fans know's that they are so full of excuses its sickening....first of all you didn't dominate anyone in the first half,the way the vikings played the gopher would have been winning. secondly,who doesnt have injuries? Our best o-lineman has been out all year,our best pash rusher is out for the year,our best receiver just came back after missing 4 weeks.lastly, what did Mike Sherman do that cost you gu's the game?

You Packer fans need a dose of reality, All the stupid excuses in the world wont help,you guy's got lucky in the first half and dominated in the 2nd half.

Then ###### at Guiding light puppy for asking about the game.

Wow, you lost one lineman.

We had 2 leave to free agency...lost Flanagan, and have 2 gimpy tackles. #1 and #3 WR now out, #1 adn #2 RBs out. A bit more than losing Birk and Burleson (who was in this freakin game by the way).

Yes, the Packers did dominate the first half. Played good defense, and the offense was clicking. Your denial of that is proof of your ignorance (like those that keep denying that injuries played a large role in the outcome of this game).

As for Sherman. The failed challenge...some of the playcalling like on the last drive, TD basically wins the game, running game not going well, Favre and the passing game clicking...call a run on 3rd down? Not to mention how agressive the D was in the first half, and how passive they were in the second half. Yes, Sherman is a big reason for several losses this season.

Funny how we were lucky in the first half but the vikings dominated the 2nd? Could easily be said the other way around...but no Packer fans are actually saying that.

Thanks for the lesson in ignorance...but swamp already teaches that class.

Thanks for some honest input.

What happened with the missed FG's? Longwell is usually solid.

The" little lap dog puppy pal" comment was uncalled for, but I'll let it go today. :D

i can't believe i'm sitting here listening to you cheeseheads make excuses and point to robert friggin ferguson's injury as a key turning point in the game  :D

Shut the hell up moron.

yeah, fergie going out had everything to do with culpepper lighting the packer secondary up like a christmas tree in the second half.

Did I say it did?

Yet again, Swamp just cannot understand what people are writing.

Despite your idiotic attempts, Ferguson has started to play very well the past few weeks since the chewing Favre gave him. Including the catch he made when he got hurt.

It had nothing to do with the defense, but had alot to do with the Vikings being able to focus basically all coverage to Driver.

i can't believe i'm sitting here listening to you cheeseheads make excuses and point to robert friggin ferguson's injury as a key turning point in the game  :wall:

stop whining.

:D All you do is whine. :wall:

Packers completely dominated on the road when they were kind of healthy in the first half.

You're team is going nowhere for the 49th season in a row. :wall:

hey, maybe they give medals and moral victories for that kind of stuff! if so, after the packers get theirs for playing part of the game the way it should be played, let me know where the nfl is handing out "we played good for ___________(fill in the blank) number of minutes" medals...a bunch of other losing teams will want to cash in on that.

the packers blew a 17-0 lead. the packers are 1-5. the packers are in the nfcn cellar heading into games against cincy, pitt, and atlanta. spin that.

Thanks for some honest input.

What happened with the missed FG's? Longwell is usually solid.

The" little lap dog puppy pal" comment was uncalled for, but I'll let it go today. :D

Nah...it was called for, you earned it.

He pulled one bad...the shorter of the two.

The other was a 53 yarder that never hooked...just stayed right...a bit of a push.

So, in general, don't use lame excuses for your loss. Just accept that the Vikes played great football to cover the 17 points deficit...with this victory they will be back as the favorites for NFC North. :wall:  :wall:  :cheers:  :D  :wall:  :thumbsup:

:rolleyes:

Green was a bit of a factor.

Ferguson was a very big factor...gives Favre someone else to go to when they are blanketing Driver...which they ended up dong. Much better option that Chatman...

Yes, they were leading by 17 points...and then were without their #1 and #3 WR, their #1 and #2 RB.

Then lost Collins (their starting safety).

Denying that injuries were not a factor may be one of the most ignorant statements you could make about this game. Not the only factor...but a factor. The Vikings did do much better in the second half...Packers held them at times for FGs...but gave up on the pressure as well. And Green Bay dominated the 1st half. But with 2 missed FGs...they did not dominate enough.

Would have been 42? Did you even watch the first half? Would have...blah blah blah....you want to talk woulda coulda shoulda? The packers lost by 3 points...and missed 6 points worth of FGs.

Yeah, granny, I watched the whole game hoping to see Pack A$$es bleeding...you can cry as much as you want to, you lil whinny Greenbay gals, but you will agree with me when you will see the Packs getting abused in Greenbay by the Vikings again in the next few weeks. They just suck...and you know what, I watched today's game and am also going to watch the next 3 games when they play Cinti, Pittsuburg and Atlanta...BE READY WITH YOUR EXCUSES RIGHT NOW, ITS GOING TO TAKE REALLY WILD IMAGINATIONS OF YOU PACKERS FANS TO DEFEND THAT HUMILIATION.

i can't believe i'm sitting here listening to you cheeseheads make excuses and point to robert friggin ferguson's injury as a key turning point in the game  :wall:

stop whining.

:D All you do is whine. :wall:

You're team is going nowhere for the 49th season in a row. :wall:

hey, maybe they give medals and moral victories for that kind of stuff! if so, after the packers get theirs for playing part of the game the way it should be played, let me know where the nfl is handing out "we played good for ___________(fill in the blank) number of minutes" medals...a bunch of other losing teams will want to cash in on that.

considering the context of the thread...wait...you never consider that...just adding again to your delusion.

i can't believe i'm sitting here listening to you cheeseheads make excuses and point to robert friggin ferguson's injury as a key turning point in the game  :D

Shut the hell up moron.

Just you.

Ferguson would be the leading receiver on the Lions.

He hurt himself on a great 43 yard catch, too. I'm sure you saw it.

The Packers had some guy with dreads in their from the World League that I've never seen before. Makes defense that much easier.

You know nothing about football.

Yeah, granny, I watched the whole game hoping to see Pack A$$es bleeding...you can cry as much as you want to, you lil whinny Greenbay gals, but you will agree with me when you will see the Packs getting abused in Greenbay by the Vikings again in the next few weeks. They just suck...and you know what, I watched today's game and am also going to watch the next 3 games when they play Cinti, Pittsuburg and Atlanta...BE READY WITH YOUR EXCUSES RIGHT NOW, ITS GOING TO TAKE REALLY WILD IMAGINATIONS OF YOU PACKERS FANS TO DEFEND THAT HUMILIATION.

Again...not excuses moron. The person who started this thread asked what happened...and we told him. You and the Swamp types are the one thinking we said it was all injuries or this and that.

And the Packers are playing pretty bad...but do not think the Vikings are really any better...they won by 3 at home. Good job. They still suck.

Signed a bunch of defensive players and they have one of the worst defenses in the league...all that for getting rid of their best offensive player.

Hey, if the Vikings want to feel good about this game, that's fine with me.   The Packers were bad going in and got worse during the game due to injuries.

It's not so much about feeling good about the win is that it feels nice to know that the Pack sucks even harder than the Queens, which is quite the accomplishment.

HTH :D

yeah, ahman green really tore it up when he was in there. what a difference maker. and i wasn't aware the packer secondary "suddenly" switched out at halftime to their second and third stringers? linebackers, too? i swear i still saw favre in there in the second half...maybe rodgers was wearing his jersey?

get over it.

stop whining.

:wall: All you do is whine. :wall:

You're team is going nowhere for the 49th season in a row. :rolleyes:

the packers blew a 17-0 lead. the packers are 1-5. the packers are in the nfcn cellar heading into games against cincy, pitt, and atlanta. spin that.

Nobody's talking about that.

GL wanted to know what happened and I let him know.

You're team still sucks for the 49th straight year and you have an old gay quarterback who sucks slightly less than your younger gay quarterback. :D

:thumbsup:

Hey, if the Vikings want to feel good about this game, that's fine with me.  The Packers were bad going in and got worse during the game due to injuries.

HTH :D

yeah, ahman green really tore it up when he was in there. what a difference maker. and i wasn't aware the packer secondary "suddenly" switched out at halftime to their second and third stringers? linebackers, too? i swear i still saw favre in there in the second half...maybe rodgers was wearing his jersey?

get over it.

Collins out...Diggs out still...lenon then hurt (pretty late though)...Green and Davenport out, Walker and Ferguson out....

Yes...there were alot of 2nd and 3rd stringers in the game in the 2nd half.

stop whining.

:wall: All you do is whine. :wall:

You're team is going nowhere for the 49th season in a row. :thumbsup:

Nobody's talking about that.

GL wanted to know what happened and I let him know.

You're team still sucks for the 49th straight year and you have an old gay quarterback who sucks slightly less than your younger gay quarterback. :D

:cheers:

and yet the lions are 3-3 and the packers 1-5. what does that say about the packers? :rolleyes:

bump

Hey, if the Vikings want to feel good about this game, that's fine with me.   The Packers were bad going in and got worse during the game due to injuries.

HTH :wall:

get over it.

I'm over it.

You're the one who is :wall: :D and seems to be getting all worked up.

The Packers could lose 15 close games this year with their back-up players, but, unfortunately the Lions will still suck and will still be the worst franchise in the history of the NFL and possibly of all sports.

:wall: