Sign in to follow this  
CA_7

Bears And Randle El Discussing Deal

Bears home in on Randle El

By John Mullin and K.C. Johnson ~ Tribune staff reporters

March 11, 2006, 12:06 AM CST

NFL free agency finally began late Friday, and the Bears zeroed in on their No. 1 target when they contacted the agent for Antwaan Randle El and discussed at length a long-term deal for the wide receiver/returner from Thornton High School. On Thursday, Randle El had told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review he would test the free-agent market, and general manager Jerry Angelo wasted no time in trying to make a quick strike for an important offensive threat.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...ack=1&cset=true

Bears home in on Randle El

By John Mullin and K.C. Johnson ~ Tribune staff reporters

March 11, 2006, 12:06 AM CST

NFL free agency finally began late Friday, and the Bears zeroed in on their No. 1 target when they contacted the agent for Antwaan Randle El and discussed at length a long-term deal for the wide receiver/returner from Thornton High School.

On Thursday, Randle El had told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review he would test the free-agent market, and general manager Jerry Angelo wasted no time in trying to make a quick strike for an important offensive threat.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...ack=1&cset=true

:banana:

He would be a very nice 3rd option in the slot within the Chicago offense.

I think this is one of those signings that everyone knows is going to happen, it's just a matter of time...

:thumbsup:

He would be a nice addition, but may be over priced. He would upgrade both WR and KR. Both Bradley and Berrian have the potential to step up, so El would be in the mix as the #2 or #3 behind Mush.

Gage just doesnt have it, Currie is unproven.

I like targeting him a lot. He fills multiple needs and is a player who seems ready and willing to be a leader, something the offense lacks. However, they'll likely overpay, which will be concerning, considering the ridiculous deal they gave Muhammad last year, they'll have a lot of money wrapped up in WR and still not have a true stud.

CHI offense is just so predictable, Randle El could be a nice X-factor for them.

I think this is one of those signings that everyone knows is going to happen, it's just a matter of time...

3rd WR?

Who is the #2? --> Berrian would be perfect as a slot #3 WR

Not so much a question of him being a #2 or #3 WR - he can play QB, too!

any team that pays randle el is throwing money down the drain. plus chicago already has bradley. they'd be better off getting a pass catching te

any team that pays randle el is throwing money down the drain. plus chicago already has bradley. they'd be better off getting a pass catching te

What he said. Let El stay with Your Super Bowl XL Champion Pittsburgh Steelers. :first:

He's versatile, but I question his contributions from the WR position given what he'll probably command in terms of salary. If the Bears sign him, I dunno whether they'll have 2 overpaid WRs or if he'll really help that much in both the return game and as an added downfield threat.

If they're that hard-up on finding a return man, then why not draft a speedster to fill that role?

He signed, but it wasn't with the Bears.