Sign in to follow this  
gatorbait7391

Reggie Bush

Assuming he goes to the Texans, where do you draft him? Do you think he will be drafted late second early third round like caddilac? Or will he go earlier?

-Taz It

good question G-Bait. ive been wondering this too. im not sure what the texans will do with him, or dom davis. im not sure when to take him. too early to tell right now. we will hear more about his role on the team after the draft. and whats the deal with Taz it?

- EB11

Late 3rd/to mid 4th in a 12 team redraft unless someone has manlove for him are my predictions.

I pretty much agree with jocstrap for the most part. But personally, I dont think I would touch him til the 5th round at the earliest if he gets drafted by houston.

For those of us in keeper leagues, the price is gonna be high.

In both of my 12 team leagues we can keep 4 players, or throw back as many as we want and draft.

Sadly to say, I do not expect that he will make it out of the first round; therefore, he will not be on either of my teams. I'll keep Larry Johnson and maybe Moss in one league, and 4 out of S Jackson/J Jones/Gates/Wayne/Parker/Roy in the other league.

I'm willing to throw Moss back if I think that there is a chance I could get Bush. And I like Randy ALOT, but in my leagues great RBs are priceless. I live on the west coast and have seen enough USC games in the last three years to be confident to say that this kid will be a great NFL RB.

I don't care what color uniform he will be in, he is a guy like Walter and Barry, who you want to watch because his talent is so far superior of those around him. Talent that amazes!!

His value in a keeper is much higher this year than in a redraft or one year format. In a keeper, his price will be steep to get that first pick. In a single year format though or redraft, probably round 5 to 7. If he goes to Houston, he will play mostly as a 3rd down back, maybe some split formations and returning kickoffs until they figure out how to meld him in.

I still think Houston will trade down though... or take Young with their pick.

In my dynasty league, Bush is currently worth more than any player in the league. The owner that holds the first pick in the rookie draft has been offered S. Alexander for for the top pick. The owner turned him down.

He has been offered R. Moss and M. Harrison by two other owners. I understand him not taking those offers though. He did inquire about Larry Johnson, but I'm not trading him.

If the Colts draft a back in the first round, would you take that back if the Texans draft Bush and keep Davis? What about if Denver drafts a first round back and trades Bell?

I am thinking Bush all the way but it makes you stop and think.

If the Colts draft a back in the first round, would you take that back if the Texans draft Bush and keep Davis? What about if Denver drafts a first round back and trades Bell?

I am thinking Bush all the way but it makes you stop and think.

Exactly. Laurence Maroney will have more impact year 1 if he goes to Indy. What if Denver drafts White at 15?

People need to calm down. It's very possible White has a better nfl career then Bush. I think both will be good, but turn down SA? Moss/Harrison? Come on. Fact is Bush probably never sniffs 28 TDs with the Texans (they prolly never let him leave if he's good). The Texans are a horrible team. If Bush can get 6 TDs this year, it will be a great year. He's going to be a punt returner and 3rd down back for at least one year.

Take SA and win this year. Go take 2 WRs and win this year. Bush is a poor man's LT at best, and there's no better time to sell high then before he even gets drafted. *lol*

It all depends how far you project. Over next 3 years, SA/LT will both destroy Bush in production. Over 5 years? I think SA will get more TDs next year then Bush will get in his first 3. I agree Bush is a guy you want to gamble on, but everyone is tradable.

I think he's getting way too much hype. Turning down Alexander for him? Bush has a crap offensive line in front of him in Texas, and a crap offense all around. He's also got a very good RB on the team that he has to deal with in Davis.

For a guy that split time in college with a power back, I can't say I understand the hype. Maybe he'll be great one day, but it's a long way off and lots of things could happen. If he only gets 12-15 touches a game, and gives way to a short-yardage back, he could end up being another Warrick Dunn (a very good RB in his own right).

For a guy that's never faced an NFL defense, I think way too much is being made of him. Not that I wouldn't take him first overall in a rookie draft, but I wouldn't turn down an established veteran in his prime for him.

I think he's getting way too much hype. Turning down Alexander for him?

For a guy that split time in college with a power back, I can't say I understand the hype. Maybe he'll be great one day, but it's a long way off and lots of things could happen. If he only gets 12-15 touches a game, and gives way to a short-yardage back, he could end up being another Warrick Dunn (a very good RB in his own right).

My thoguhts to a T. Bush will be drafted way too early. Sell high. Sell now.

In our keeper, he's going #1 overall. In a initial dynasty or Keeper, he'll probably go in the top 3 rounds. In an ongoing keeper or dynasty, no way he gets past the 3rd or 4th overall pick.

The pick before you take C Brown and D Foster :thumbsup:

Disagree completely. Despite the injury risk, the upside with these two is as a feature RB.

Especially Foster, who has shown tremendous speed and ability to break home runs in both rushing and receiving game. CAR will be more dangerous with Keyshawn in there as a posession receiver and I wouldn't hesitate to grab Foster in the late 2nd round.

CB is a mid-to-late 3rd rounder, IMO - because he's seemingly taken a step backwards and has TH in there to compete for carries...but he still has the upside, and the Titans should rebuild fairly competently.

Meanwhile Bush likely goes to a team that has a poor defense (1st warning sign) a very good RB in DDavis (2nd warning sign) and perhaps the worst O-line in football (3rd warning sign) and is likely to only get about 10-12 carries/3-4 receptions per game if he's lucky. Add to that the learning curve/game speed adjustment that nearly all rookies go through, and you have way too many warning signs to bother with him until the 6th-8th round in a 12 team redraft league.

Could he blow up and be a steal there? Of course - but it would take a hell of a lot of things to fall into place for that to happen, IMO. Far too many to risk a high draft pick on him, which is what it would take to draft him "before Foster or Brown".

Even if the Texans

1. fix the O-Line

2. fix the defense

3. fix the receiving corps

Bush still has to compete with DDavis.

Bush may well be the most overrated fantasy football player of the 2006-07 season.

For keeper leagues, he's kinda "eh" too, based on the Texans track record of success, or lack thereof.

One man's opinion...good luck to those who reach for him in either format. :ninja:

Disagree completely. Despite the injury risk, the upside with these two is as a feature RB.

Especially Foster, who has shown tremendous speed and ability to break home runs in both rushing and receiving game. CAR will be more dangerous with Keyshawn in there as a posession receiver and I wouldn't hesitate to grab Foster in the late 2nd round.

CB is a mid-to-late 3rd rounder, IMO - because he's seemingly taken a step backwards and has TH in there to compete for carries...but he still has the upside, and the Titans should rebuild fairly competently.

Meanwhile Bush likely goes to a team that has a poor defense (1st warning sign) a very good RB in DDavis (2nd warning sign) and perhaps the worst O-line in football (3rd warning sign) and is likely to only get about 10-12 carries/3-4 receptions per game if he's lucky. Add to that the learning curve/game speed adjustment that nearly all rookies go through, and you have way too many warning signs to bother with him until the 6th-8th round in a 12 team redraft league.

Could he blow up and be a steal there? Of course - but it would take a hell of a lot of things to fall into place for that to happen, IMO. Far too many to risk a high draft pick on him, which is what it would take to draft him "before Foster or Brown".

Even if the Texans

1. fix the O-Line

2. fix the defense

3. fix the receiving corps

Bush still has to compete with DDavis.

Bush may well be the most overrated fantasy football player of the 2006-07 season.

For keeper leagues, he's kinda "eh" too, based on the Texans track record of success, or lack thereof.

One man's opinion...good luck to those who reach for him in either format. :banana:

Say what you want scooter,but they are not going to pay him 40mill and not have him produce. If they pick him he will play. DD is a very small investment comared to bush. I dont like the pick but if he goes there he will have ALOT of chances...

Say what you want scooter,but they are not going to pay him 40mill and not have him produce. If they pick him he will play. DD is a very small investment comared to bush. I dont like the pick but if he goes there he will have ALOT of chances...

And he will be entirely limited by what the team around him is capable of in terms of offensive production. so undoubtedly there will be an expectation of return on investment for them if they select Bush in the draft with the #1 pick...but his production, as the team is presently configured, will be severely limited but the team around him to the point that if those expectations are placed on him, he will fail.

Unless they fix all the issues I mentioned this off season, and then overachieve in 2006, my point remains.

And he will be entirely limited by what the team around him is capable of in terms of offensive production. so undoubtedly there will be an expectation of return on investment for them if they select Bush in the draft with the #1 pick...but his production, as the team is presently configured, will be severely limited but the team around him to the point that if those expectations are placed on him, he will fail.

Unless they fix all the issues I mentioned this off season, and then overachieve in 2006, my point remains.

I understand what your saying. But all of that has never really hurt DD's production. So IMO it doesnt hold water.

I understand what your saying. But all of that has never really hurt DD's production. So IMO it doesnt hold water.

Hasn't helped his health, running behind a line that makes holes the size of walnuts...

Bush might end up getting banged up an awful lot more than he can handle running behind that line.

great backs find a way ! LT2 ran and is running behind a shitty line ! he has really done well. barry Sanders found a way , Marshall Faulk on Indy , Payton , Billy Simms ( when he actually played )

Bush is the greatest RB to come out since Barry Sanders. NO RB has had those moves since Sanders. Unlike barry he is the greatest pas catching back since faulk to come out as well. Do I think he is as good as Sanders of course not ( at least not right now ) The guy is amazing on the field !

If I was drafting I wpuld take him

redraft - 3rd round

keeper - 2nd round

dynasty - top 5

great backs find a way ! LT2 ran and is running behind a shitty line ! he has really done well. barry Sanders found a way , Marshall Faulk on Indy , Payton , Billy Simms ( when he actually played )

Bush is the greatest RB to come out since Barry Sanders. NO RB has had those moves since Sanders. Unlike barry he is the greatest pas catching back since faulk to come out as well. Do I think he is as good as Sanders of course not ( at least not right now ) The guy is amazing on the field !

If I was drafting I wpuld take him

redraft - 3rd round

keeper - 2nd round

dynasty - top 5

Great backs didn't split carries. :rolleyes:

Exactly. Laurence Maroney will have more impact year 1 if he goes to Indy. What if Denver drafts White at 15?

People need to calm down. It's very possible White has a better nfl career then Bush. I think both will be good, but turn down SA? Moss/Harrison? Come on. Fact is Bush probably never sniffs 28 TDs with the Texans (they prolly never let him leave if he's good). The Texans are a horrible team. If Bush can get 6 TDs this year, it will be a great year. He's going to be a punt returner and 3rd down back for at least one year.

Take SA and win this year. Go take 2 WRs and win this year. Bush is a poor man's LT at best, and there's no better time to sell high then before he even gets drafted. *lol*

It all depends how far you project. Over next 3 years, SA/LT will both destroy Bush in production. Over 5 years? I think SA will get more TDs next year then Bush will get in his first 3. I agree Bush is a guy you want to gamble on, but everyone is tradable.

i totally agree.. whoever turned down alexander for bush is insane, but then i guess it makes sense as he has the first pick in the dynasty draft... :huh: cuz prolly he dont know what he doiiiiiin... heck, every league needs one of those..

good question..

i dont think he will go as high as caddy in redraft leagues. He shouldnt go earlier than 4th and prolly 5th round is where he belongs. But you know the guy that went wr/qb early and needs a rb bad...