21 members have voted

1. 1. Did you sign a prenup?

• Yes
    • No
    • We thought about it
    • Not married but would think about getting one
    • Not married and would never think about getting one

I'm curious.

I would. My brothers and I inherited some land when my dad died, I'd hate to see that go away from the family. Stuff like that.

Why don't you just forfeit the game? A prenup is like a contract that is saying your marriage WILL fail. If you need a prenup, you don't need to marry that girl. :thumbsup:

Why don't you just forfeit the game? A prenup is like a contract that is saying your marriage WILL fail. If you need a prenup, you don't need to marry that girl. :thumbsup:

I disagree. Specifically, if you have children already, they need to be protected. This is not saying you forfeit the game, you are just doing the responsible thing for your children.

Although, my wife and I made almost the same money when we got married, and if anything her family has more were we to inherit anything (hasn't happened yet, thankfully). So I can't really say how I feel if I got married today.

we're both going in without much, so it'd be kinda pointless at this point.

Why don't you just forfeit the game? A prenup is like a contract that is saying your marriage WILL fail. If you need a prenup, you don't need to marry that girl. :o

Considering 50% of marriages end in divorce (closer to 70% in So Cal where i'm at) anyone who goes into a marriage without a prenup is just asking for a world of hurt a few years down the road.

I wouldn't get married without a prenup.

btw: I dont have or want any kids... ever...

Considering 50% of marriages end in divorce (closer to 70% in So Cal where i'm at) anyone who goes into a marriage without a prenup is just asking for a world of hurt a few years down the road.

I wouldn't get married without a prenup.

btw: I dont have or want any kids... ever...

Why even get married than? I thought the same thing about kids till I had one.

Why even get married than? I thought the same thing about kids till I had one.

exactly. why get married.

i've had the same girlfriend for 4 years and have no plans of marrying her. if she gives me an ultimatum i'd just break up with her and bang one of her friends.

exactly. why get married.

i've had the same girlfriend for 4 years and have no plans of marrying her. if she gives me an ultimatum i'd just break up with her and bang one of her friends.

:banana:

Well, it's good to see a great many morons out there who feel that getting married means that you're actually pledging not to be a complete fockwad to one another if things go South.

Good luck to all of you, you're gonna need it.

When we were married we both had nothing but our love for each other. I imagine that were a pre-nup to actually come into play division of said love would be a moot point thus making a pre-nup useless.

You need a lot of assets to need a prenup. So the wife and I didn't sign one because niether of us had anything other than 401k's.

But, if I did have money I absolutely would. Women are given too easy of an out when it comes to marriage. If they are not happy, they can bail at any moment and be garanteed 1/2 of the other person's assets plus alimony and custody of the children. Men have nothing to gain financially with a divorce.

If you had the assets before you got married, you should still have them if the marriage fails.

General rule re prenuptial agreement: 1st marriage, marry for love w/out prenup; 2nd or subsequnet marriages, get it in writing.

However, if you're incredibly wealthy (e.g., your last name is Getty, etc.) or there is a significant disparity in the parties' assets, one would be foolish to proceed without one.

And yes, I am an expert on this topic.

Only a man with nothing would say this. Congrats.

When we were married we both had nothing but our love for each other.

:puke: :gag: :banana:

I love the poll results. With the exception of one "thought about it", everyone who is married doesn't have one, everyone who isn't married would think about it.

Hope none of our fun married life stories are impacting any of you. :huh: