Sign in to follow this  
Diesel07

If America is so great... why do you fly a Mexican flag?

I don't get it

They want to stay here in America so bad... but clearly there allegance and pride remains with Mexico. They're only here for free hand outs

Every single protest picture I've looked at they're sporting a Mexican flag... if Mexico is all that important to you then get the fuc|< out and go back

I don't get it

They're only here for free hand outs

Forget the whole part of them coming here looking for work.

Were you mad on St. Patrick's Day when you saw flags of Ireland? You and Toro should get together.

How about the Italian flags in Milwaukee and Queens?

How about the Korean signs in Koreatown in LA, or the Chinese signs in Chinatown, or the Spanish signs and Cuban flags in Little Havana?

Heck, how about that Raiders flag you fly from your car window? Shouldn't it be an American flag?

I hear people b!tch about this all the time around here and when I've looked at the video of the protests, there are just as many, if not more, american flags as there are mexican flags. I don't get why this gets everyones panties in such a bunch.

How about the Italian flags in Milwaukee and Queens?

How about the Korean signs in Koreatown in LA, or the Chinese signs in Chinatown, or the Spanish signs and Cuban flags in Little Havana?

Heck, how about that Raiders flag you fly from your car window? Shouldn't it be an American flag?

Or a Raiders flag flown in Colorado.. should they have to go back to Oakland? Actually that sounds like a great idea!

I think too many of them watch the yellow journalism of Lou Dobbs. That guy never misses a chance to try and stir up some xenophobia in ways that would make Randolph Hearst proud.

Just because they wave a Mexican flag doesn't mean they don't like America or Americans. I can see how easy it is to percieve it that way, but I doubt it's intentional. I think it's more of a culture and heritage thing.

I don't wave my Protestant Irish flag because.... well, nobody in my family has been to Ireland in over 100 years and we just don't seem to care much about it.

I think too many of them watch the yellow journalism of Lou Dobbs. That guy never misses a chance to try and stir up some xenophobia in ways that would make Randolph Hearst proud.

I am not sure I would call a person who questions the motives of people who are in this country illegally and waving their own countries flag a xenophobe. I might question the motives of people who see nothing wrong with this type of behavior.

Just because they wave a Mexican flag doesn't mean they don't like America or Americans. I can see how easy it is to percieve it that way, but I doubt it's intentional. I think it's more of a culture and heritage thing.

The reason I think a lot of them don't like America has nothing to do with what flag they wave. It stems from the interviews I hear with the protestors and activists where they say they hate Americans and that we stole California from Mexico and it's rightfully theirs. HTH.

interviews I hear with the protestors and activists where they say they hate Americans and that we stole California from Mexico and it's rightfully theirs. HTH.

You think those protestors represent the majority?

I am not sure I would call a person who questions the motives of people who are in this country illegally and waving their own countries flag a xenophobe. I might question the motives of people who see nothing wrong with this type of behavior.

Why would you question the motives of people who see nothing wrong with this type of behavior? ;)

I think Gobbledog sums it up pretty nicely.

The reason I think a lot of them don't like America has nothing to do with what flag they wave. It stems from the interviews I hear with the protestors and activists where they say they hate Americans and that we stole California from Mexico and it's rightfully theirs. HTH.

Well, that's not the title of this thread and doesn't change the fact that alot people are just b!tching about what flag these guys are waving.

(This whole mass quoting thing is really irritating)

I lived in and around Boston for many years, and while I don't know if the immigrants there are illegal or not, my experience is that 1st generation immigrants don't really want anything to do with America, other than a job and home here.

They don't learn English, don't vote, don't socialize; they stay in neighborhoods with their countrymen. Their children, however, are assimilated as Americans because they go to school here. They are fluent in English and their native language.

My wife and I used to live next door to a latino family (not sure where from), and the adults would never say a word to us, but their little kids were super friendly and spoke perfect English.

I don't really know why this is, but it is very observable, probably in most cities.

Personally, I don't have a huge problem w/the flag thing, in and of itself. However, I think that the point that people are trying to make is that many of these people, if forced to choose, would lend their allegiance to Mex, rather than the US.

For example, I have seen soccer matches between the US and Mex national teams, televised from CA and the vast majority of fans are rooting for the Mex team over the US team.

Now, if things are so bad economically in Mex, I seriously doubt that tens of thousands of these folks came in from Mex for the game and dropped $25, $50 or more on a ticket. Thus, I assume that many of these people rooting for Mex...rooting against the US...are the very same people marching against immigration reform.

The very same people who are taking advantage of everything that the US stands for...a chance for a better life...for themselves and their children.

I'm not saying that these people should forget where they came from, but it'd be nice if they acknowledged all that they now have due to the place where they live now.

ETA: It's the difference between calling yourself a Mexican who lives in America or an American who hails from Mexico.

You think those protestors represent the majority?

They certainly represent a significant percentage. I don't care if they represent the majority and I don't think it's relevant. If you want to have a serious discussion about immigration reform that includes getting rid of the MS13 members, terrorists crossing the border, and those who don't want to assimilate into American culture then I'm all for it. Go ahead and start it. When all I hear is "let them all stay, they just want to work" which I know is a bunch of BS and I assume you do too, then I have no recourse but to take a very hard line stance. Because if my only two choices are letting all of them stay and having the "bad" ones destroy a country I hold dear and getting rid of all of them including the ones who truly want to better themselves and their family, unfortunately I'll have to choose the latter choice there.

Well, that's not the title of this thread and doesn't change the fact that alot people are just b!tching about what flag these guys are waving.

(This whole mass quoting thing is really irritating)

Maybe so but I think there's a correlation. I think someone pointed out that if you're rallying to stay HERE it's probably not wise to hold up another countries flag. Cinco de Mayo might be a better choice for that.

I hear people b!tch about this all the time around here and when I've looked at the video of the protests, there are just as many, if not more, american flags as there are mexican flags. I don't get why this gets everyones panties in such a bunch.

Or a Raiders flag flown in Colorado.. should they have to go back to Oakland? Actually that sounds like a great idea!

See what I mean? "The Messicans are the only ones doing this. "