Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

The New Busch Stadium

Looks a lot like Comerica park here in Detroit

i'm definitely gonna make an effort to get down there sometime this summer.

Paul, ive got tix to the may 20 game at Kauffman. You should venture on up and have a beer or two or 3 <_<

like comerica? nah. I WANT TIGER STADIUM BACK!

looks ok but I'm one who likes to sit in the outfield and I hate all of these new

stadiums with sparse outfield seating. I also cannot stand the high decks around

the infield which of course new busch has. <_<

neat stadium but not what i like. :(

like comerica? nah. I WANT TIGER STADIUM BACK!

looks ok but I'm one who likes to sit in the outfield and I hate all of these new

stadiums with sparse outfield seating. I also cannot stand the high decks around

the infield which of course new busch has. :dunno:

neat stadium but not what i like. :thumbsdown:

Tiger Stadium was a dump

Yes that's true. Not sure what that has to do with the actual look of the buildings

Nothing, I just wanted to show you the background. Yesterday three HRs were easily hit out at Busch. It looks to be more of a hitter's park than Comerica. That's what I was getting at. Again :dunno:

http://forms.belointeractive.com/sharedcon...GINAL_nb013.jpg

Chad, I've been wanting to drive up to KC for a while. Haven't been there in a few years. Is Jess and Jim's in Morrisonville still there? Holmes and 146th?

i'm not sure.

Maybe those crazed Cardinals fans will actually show up for some games so they can sell out some games this year. :dunno:

the Cards have one of the best fan bases in the majors, mr. fairweather :thumbsdown:

Maybe those crazed Cardinals fans will actually show up for some games so they can sell out some games this year. :dunno:

Are you serious?

2005 attendance: 3,491,837 avg. 43.647 3rd highest in baseball.

2004 attendance: 3,048,427 avg. 37,634 7th higest in baseball.

Only 4 teams have smaller market size. Nice try, not close, but nice try anyway.

I'm burnt to a crisp after yesterday's festivities. I was down there a solid 12 hours (8AM - 8:30 PM). I have a very good feeling that after this summer of sitting in the bleachers for 20+ games, I will raise my risk of skin cancer by 90%. There is absolutely NO shade out there. But my skin is a beautiful Cardinal red today. :dunno:

I love the new stadium. I loved the old one too but this place is so spacious. the bleaches a definite upgrade from the old place.

Tiger Stadium was a dump

You obviusly can't apprecite a great ballpark, which Tiger Staidum was.

It looked good posing as Yankeee Stadium in the movie 61*

:dunno: The only thing that made it great was the history. The stadium itself was a dump. Nothing like walking in an enclosed concourse and side stepping puddles.

And maybe it's just me but I don't like p!ssing into a tub. The sightliness were horrible and lets hope you didn't get an obstructed view behind one of the polls. I wish they would take it down.

and the beer at comerica just doesn't taste the same without rust particles falling into it. :first:

One of my last games the final year of Tiger Stadium, was with a fella who saw Cobb and

Ruth play there when he was a kid. He died before Comerica opened.

:ninja: Tiger Stadium :banana:

Are you serious?

2005 attendance: 3,491,837 avg. 43.647 3rd highest in baseball.

2004 attendance: 3,048,427 avg. 37,634 7th higest in baseball.

Only 4 teams have smaller market size. Nice try, not close, but nice try anyway.

I hope it is cooler. The Old Busch stadium got reaL HOT. Looks like this one will flow air much better!

I hope it is cooler. The Old Busch stadium got reaL HOT. Looks like this one will flow air much better!

When it gets hot in St. Louis, it doesn't matter where you are, you can't escape it unless you're inside. I guess it will help some, but i doubt very much.