Sign in to follow this  
CA_7

Calico Looking "Explosive"

Oh man....I am not drinking the Kool-Aid this year :first:

"Ty has been a little inconsistent as far as attendance is concerned, but this week he looked good,'' Fisher said. "It looks like he has a spring back in his step, an explosion."

Calico is in the last year of his contract after three disappointing, injury-filled seasons.

He finished last season on injured reserve with a hamstring injury.

"He needs to continue to work and work hard," Fisher said. "Ty's had trouble with injuries and we've had high expectations for him, but Ty can be a bonus for us offensively.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...343/1328/SPORTS

by By JIM WYATT ~ The Tennessean

Calico couldn't stay healthy if you paid him to. He'll probably get hurt in mini-camp whining about not getting enough repetitions.

Calico and Reggie Williams of Jacksonville are both of the same ilk. The past two seasons all you hear from those two camps is that the receivers are burning things up and will be stars this year.

What a load. Williams is a bust and Calico is a sissy.

Anyone drafting either of them has been drinking that killer Kool Aid.

I think there's a difference, though I'm not buying either one:

Williams doesn't have his head on straight. He makes 6-yard catches on 2nd and 11, then celebrates like he scored the game-winning touchdown. He lacks great explosion and is getting outplayed by both Ernest Wilford and Matt Jones. Plus, he tested positive for an illegal substance and is a first-time offender in the NFL program.

Calico looked very promising as a rookie and preseason sophomore. He made tough catches, redzone grabs, and receptions all over the field. Then he got horse-collared by Roy Williams and his knees have not been the same ever since. He didn't play with confidence at all in 2005. Yes, he got caught in the backseat with his lady (or lady of the moment) but he his attitude on the field isn't out of whack like Williams'.

If I were to take a chance on one, it would be Calico if he's truly healthy. The only time I take a chance on Williams is if he starts talking like a couple of other possibly reformed, busts that may do beter this season if they get the opportunity that seems to be coming their way...

Calico and Reggie Williams of Jacksonville are both of the same ilk. The past two seasons all you hear from those two camps is that the receivers are burning things up and will be stars this year.

What a load. Williams is a bust and Calico is a sissy.

Anyone drafting either of them has been drinking that killer Kool Aid.

They are nothing alike. You hear the same crap of all young guys in camp. Really there's no simuliarity though. Calico is a speed receiver who cant stay healthy long enough to even compete for a starting gig. Reggie is a possession receiver who has started since he was a rookie and stayed healthy but just hasnt put up big fantasy numbers.

Calico's inability to stay healthy aside, there's just too many talented young receivers on that roster -- not to mention the addition of Givens -- for him to ever get enough of an opportunity to emerge. Tenn.'s stockpiling of WRs speaks volumes about what the org. really thinks of Calico's chances, imo.

only thing exploding on Calico is his knee, ankle, hammy, back, toe, ear, etc.

I hear this about him every year. I'm not impressed until he performs for an entire season.

Guest Mr.T

That didn't sound like anything more than coachspeak IMO.

I might spend a $1 on him in our auction league this year if I hear everything is going well this off season and pre-season but other than that, someone else can have him.

I hear this about him every year. I'm not impressed until he performs for an entire season.

I live in Nashville and this will be the 3rd year I have heard this about him. He'll be hurt by the end of pre-season and with VY throwing him the ball he won't have much value.

Why even consider drafting the guy when he will be available on the WW any time you want him? :lol:

i'd consider Calico in the last round if he's still around.

Sticks fingers in ears, says, "la la la la la la la la la la la la" loudly and ignores all hype surrounding this gigantic bust.

He could come up with a 1300/12 TD season and I'd STILL not take him the following season. I refuse to buy into any hype surrounding him, and I suspect that the only thing "explosive" come the 2006 season will be his knees blowing out on the 1st drive of the year.

Hey...at least they did not say Davenport was looking explosive...now that would be scary.