Sign in to follow this  
Elon

Javon Walker

Has anyone heard any news on the Javon Walker situation. I have a feeling this is going to be a draft day thing.

Walker still Denver-bound?

Bill Williamson

4/16/2006

There is speculation in Green Bay the Packers will grant Javon Walker his wish and deal him. If Walker is traded, is it likely to happen draft week or during the draft.

Denver has talked to Green Bay about the disgruntled receiver. The Broncos, along with the Eagles and the 49ers, are expected to make a strong push for Walker.

Green Bay has maintained it expects Walker to stay. But if a good enough offer comes along, including a draft pick, it might be tempting for the Packers to rid themselves of the distraction Walker is sure to create. If Denver is the trading partner with Green Bay, the deal likely would happen on draft day.

Giving receivers

Two other veteran receivers might be available. Detroit might listen to offers for Charles Rogers, and New Orleans would entertain offers for Donte' Stallworth.

It's a weak draft for receivers, so these two could command interest. But neither team would get much in return. Both players have been disappointments on the field and have had off-field issues. But each has the talent to be worth a flier.

http://www.denverpost.com

Wouldnt be shocked to see SD trade Edwards for Javon. Both seem to be team cancers right now. Also addresses needs for both teams.

last i heard, he'd rather play for satan in the fifth layer of hell rather than be in green bay this year...something like that.

last i heard, he'd rather play for satan in the fifth layer of hell rather than be in green bay this year...something like that.

Provide link. Likely another imaginary quote. Your second of the day. You have met your qouta And NO, I am not saying he will play in GB this year. Nor am I saying I will miss him.

Provide link. Likely another imaginary quote. Your second of the day. You have met your qouta And NO, I am not saying he will play in GB this year. Nor am I saying I will miss him.

So what ARE you saying? That you're not sure of anything? Thanks for the post. :unsure:

and have a hot poker shoved up his azz every play by satan in the process.

and go back and check the arrington thread. i've provided the link for the longwell quote :first: in the future, screw off if you don't believe me.

ah, fock: here's the longwell link here. and if you're a packer fan who hasn't heard walker rant, you're in denial and a link surely isn't going to help you:

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/s...re/14139409.htm

ah, okay: here's a nice javon link for you. the satan part was my paraphrase--"something like that" :thumbsup:

i'd wager even money he'd rather play for satan in the 5th layer of hell and get a hot poker shoved up his azz rather than play for green bay judging by this story:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=411548

Ummm...I think you're taking his comments a little too seriously. ;) He was obviously saying that stuff in jest (to a certain extent). I thought it was funny, and I'm a Packer fan. The fact is, Walker has pretty much said he refuses to play in Green Bay and said some pretty nasty things in that article. It's time to cut him loose, and I would be glad to take Lelie and a draft pick for Walker.