Sign in to follow this  
devildog

Favre Will Play This Year

Well, from my perspective, the NFC North is wide open this year. The Packers have as good a shot as anybody........so, I guess I would differ with you there.

I disagree with your premise about Rodgers, but you cite good examples to support your case. It's an interesting debate.........

that's one of the things that drove lion fans nuts about harrington. we'd hear "harrington has had a great week of practice--he's really focused out there!" and then he'd look like a deer in headlights on sunday.

it's a LOT different when you're not wearing the red "don't touch me" practice jersey on sunday :blink:

but, yeah, the nfcn is certainly in a wild state of flux this year. hard to pin it all down. but if you're an honest packer fan, certainly you have to see the signs there of it being a rebuilding year (of course that case can also be made for the lions and vikings).

it'd be one thing if the packers were going to contend this year. if so, i'd say yeah, bring favre back for one more run at it. but it's clear this team is in rebuilding mode.

C'mon... Let's be a little more realistic here. It's not like the Packers are junk.

GB had a top-10 defense last season.

Favre led the NFL in passing TDs through Week 7/8.

They were the first-ever 1-7 team to have scored more points than they gave up.

The OTs are more than stable.

The younger players are learning and will be better.

Favre, Driver and Ahman are potential Pro-Bowlers.

GB still has the best QB in the division.

that's one of the things that drove lion fans nuts about harrington. we'd hear "harrington has had a great week of practice--he's really focused out there!" and then he'd look like a deer in headlights on sunday.

it's a LOT different when you're not wearing the red "don't touch me" practice jersey on sunday :blink:

but, yeah, the nfcn is certainly in a wild state of flux this year. hard to pin it all down. but if you're an honest packer fan, certainly you have to see the signs there of it being a rebuilding year (of course that case can also be made for the lions and vikings).

Rebuilding...yes...but still a competetive rebuilding...not like a Texans 2-14 year kind of thing.

There is alot of youth on this Packer team...from the interior line (Whitticker, Wells, White, Coston...) to the Dline (Pickett, Cole, Williams...)...the secondary is young as well.

The good part of the rebuild...is it may have hit its low point (depending of course on what Rodgers does when given the chance of course). By the time he starts (barring injury or Favre just pulling himself) next year...the younger guys on the team will have had more time to gel (also assuming these guys work out, obviously not a for sure thing). Next will be bringing in more weapons...be it Davis during this draft or later WRs/RBs.

Rebuilding...yes...but still a competetive rebuilding...not like a Texans 2-14 year kind of thing.

There is alot of youth on this Packer team...from the interior line (Whitticker, Wells, White, Coston...) to the Dline (Pickett, Cole, Williams...)...the secondary is young as well.

The good part of the rebuild...is it may have hit its low point (depending of course on what Rodgers does when given the chance of course). By the time he starts (barring injury or Favre just pulling himself) next year...the younger guys on the team will have had more time to gel (also assuming these guys work out, obviously not a for sure thing). Next will be bringing in more weapons...be it Davis during this draft or later WRs/RBs.

well, okay, that's certainly an opinion and one way of looking at it. i guess we'll see how it plays out.

but if i didn't think it was a good thing for him to come back last year, i certainly am not going to think it's a good move this year.

Most Passes Had Intercepted, Career

277 George Blanda, 1949-1975

268 John Hadl, 1962-1977

266 Fran Tarkenton, 1961-1971

255 Brett Favre, 1991-2005

Most Passes Had Intercepted, Season

42 George Blanda, Houston, 1962

35 Vinny Testaverde, Tampa Bay, 1988

34 Frank Tripucka, Denver, 1960

Favre has 255 career interceptions. I guess he's going for the career record, and if last year was any indication, he's going for the single season record as well. :banana:

Sadly, he may break that record before getting to Marino's record(s).....seriously! :o

Big deal.... I'll avoid watching his games just because of how much of a princess he has become... and to avoid hearing everyone on his jock during the broadcast. Madden is going to be slobbering all over it this year....

I'm a Packers fan, but I will admit that I watch most of the games with the mute on. I can't stand Madden no matter what game he is calling.

As for the announcement - no surpise there, although I didn't think they would make it until after the draft. As I've said before, TT has known this all along or he would have had Free Agent QBs in to take a look at. I'll still stand by my prediction that Favre will be holding a clipboard by the end of the season though.

Sadly, he may break that record before getting to Marino's record(s).....seriously! :o

Gosh the players on that list sure do suck, too. As does Ricky Henderson who hold the record for most times caught stealing, and Cy Young who holds the record for most career losses. :banana:

He won't get to Marino. He will throw more than 22 picks this year, that's for sure.

He focked me bigtime last year in my fantasy league (I had Carson Palmer as my sleeper pick, all ready to be plucked, but I decided on the ###### Gunslinger), so I hope he throws 44 picks this year. :banana:

Well, from my perspective, the NFC North is wide open this year.

No. It's the Bears and everyone else. Not even close.

(And I know you know how much I hate to say that...)

you people who think that the packer can win more then 8 games (i've already seen predictions of 12-4, and someone said they could win up to 10 games), gotta lay down the crack pipe. :thumbsdown:

As a Bears fan, I say "Yippie" welcome back Brett.

You're high on Aaron Rodgers, then? I hope you're right. :thumbsdown:

Sadly, he may break that record before getting to Marino's record(s).....seriously! :thumbsdown:

It doesn't matter that he has a lot of interceptions. The stat that matters is TD to INT ratio and Favre's is pretty good. (too lazy to look it up)

you people who think that the packer can win more then 8 games (i've already seen predictions of 12-4, and someone said they could win up to 10 games), gotta lay down the crack pipe. :wall:

Most of us are just kidding on those predictions. I think. :thumbsdown:

It doesn't matter that he has a lot of interceptions. The stat that matters is TD to INT ratio and Favre's is pretty good. (too lazy to look it up)

I'm quite sure he's among the career leaders in pass attempts, too. Like you, I'm too lazy to look it up. :)

well, okay, that's certainly an opinion and one way of looking at it. i guess we'll see how it plays out.

but if i didn't think it was a good thing for him to come back last year, i certainly am not going to think it's a good move this year.

Im mixed on this one.

Love to see him one more year...one more year for Rodgers to learn (if they really believe he is not yet ready). One more year for the line to come together for Rodgers...cause that line last year quite possibly would have killed his confidence...if not literally killing him.

He won't get to Marino. He will throw more than 22 picks this year, that's for sure.

He focked me bigtime last year in my fantasy league (I had Carson Palmer as my sleeper pick, all ready to be plucked, but I decided on the ###### Gunslinger), so I hope he throws 44 picks this year. :thumbsup:

It doesn't make sense to me that some of you are willing to go out of your way just to slam Favre.

Why?

There are Lions fans and Eagles fans in here that have never experienced the success the Packer fans have but yet they make it a point to come by and take shots at a guy that they would have loved to have on their team.

Is it just jealousy? :lol:

Im mixed on this one.

Love to see him one more year...one more year for Rodgers to learn (if they really believe he is not yet ready). One more year for the line to come together for Rodgers...cause that line last year quite possibly would have killed his confidence...if not literally killing him.

sho, this is a reasonable analysis. i'm not going to bust your chops over it. the case can certainly be made that qbs sometimes get thrown into the fire too quickly. on the other hand, it'd be nice for the packers to have some inkling of what they've got in rodgers before year 3.

It doesn't make sense to me that some of you are willing to go out of your way just to slam Favre.

Why?

There are Lions fans and Eagles fans in here that have never experienced the success the Packer fans have but yet they make it a point to come by and take shots at a guy that they would have loved to have on their team.

Is it just jealousy? :thumbsup:

i've always been a favre supporter. i just happen to think he should have retired as early as last year.

sho, this is a reasonable analysis. i'm not going to bust your chops over it. the case can certainly be made that qbs sometimes get thrown into the fire too quickly. on the other hand, it'd be nice for the packers to have some inkling of what they've got in rodgers before year 3.

Yes and no...and with Favre saying it will be his last year...I think Rodgers will see more time this year in games that they are just not in...or if Favre is having one of those 3+INT days.

In addition...I would not be that shocked to see him pull a Cal Jr. move and remove himself from the starting lineup to end the streak. Though it would be cool to think that the guy never missed a start once he became the starting QB.

Why?

Is it just jealousy? :lol:

Reading is fundamental. :huh:

I'm slamming the guy because he killed my fantasy team last year.

Reading is fundamental. :lol:

I'm slamming the guy because he killed my fantasy team last year.

Nice. I'm sure that's the only reason. You go through the trouble of finding out his interception stats and then drop on us that he won't reach Marino and he's assured of 22 int's but yet it's only because of FF from last year.

If you're so smart why did you have him on your FF team last year anyway? Seems to me you would have known not to pick him.

OTTOMH...

Does Fav're have....?

1) a better oline

2) better RB's

3) better WR's/TE's

Woodson made a huge difference in Oak the past 8-9yrs?

What do I win? :thumbsup:

OTTOMH...

Does Fav're have....?

1) a better oline

2) better RB's

3) better WR's/TE's

Woodson made a huge difference in Oak the past 8-9yrs?

What do I win? :cheers:

well, how does the woodson signing hurt them? are you saying he's not a positive addition?

well, how does the woodson signing hurt them? are you saying he's not a positive addition?

He is going to blow 23 coverage assignments going for picks and he/Brett....lol...old farts now.. :doh:

Nice. I'm sure that's the only reason. You go through the trouble of finding out his interception stats and then drop on us that he won't reach Marino and he's assured of 22 int's but yet it's only because of FF from last year.

If you're so smart why did you have him on your FF team last year anyway? Seems to me you would have known not to pick him.

Don't choke on his manhood, m-kay........... :ninja: