Sign in to follow this  
esoitl

Ricky may have found his home

from KFFL

CFL | Argonauts interested in R. Williams

Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:25:20 -0700

Perry Lefko, of the Toronto Sun, reports the Toronto Argonauts of the CFL added Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams to their negotitation list Wednesday, April 26, a day after he was suspended for the 2006 NFL season for violating the league's substance abuse policy for a fourth time. All CFL teams have 35-player negotiation lists, which allows them to deal exclusively with players, even if they are under suspension.

WOW, how do you go from the NFL career he had to ###### it up so bad that you resort to the CFL?

Correct...

They will if the price is right. If they can get enough to recoup their losses and some extra.

I don't think the Argonauts have to pay anything to the Dolphins. In my opinion, it'd probably be in the Dolphins best interest to let him play in the CFL. That way, when he tears it up he'll be worth more on the trade market.

So how do the player rules work between these affiliated leagues.

If I am not mistaken, NFL CFL and Arena are all affiliated with one another.

So how do the player rules work between these affiliated leagues.

If I am not mistaken, NFL CFL and Arena are all affiliated with one another.

No affiliation with the cfl. The dolphins may have some clauses in his contract where playing in another league would risk injury, so they could likely get out of paying him anything if he were to get hurt.

The CFL recently increased TEAM salary caps from $2.6 to $3.8 million dollars. Does Williams really care enough about playing professional football to earn less than $200,000 for an 18 game regular season?

I don't think the Argonauts have to pay anything to the Dolphins. In my opinion, it'd probably be in the Dolphins best interest to let him play in the CFL. That way, when he tears it up he'll be worth more on the trade market.

And risk him getting hurt :wall:

from KFFL

WOW, how do you go from the NFL career he had to ###### it up so bad that you resort to the CFL?

Two words. Drugs.

this guy walked away from around 7-8 mil per year before, you think he's going to go play for 200k canadian?!? He doesn't even love football. He will be no where in sight for the next year, and it is quite possible he's done with football all together...

he'll be on the newest season of the surreal life...mark it down. :wall:

far more likely than ending up in the cfl, thats for sure...

PS: you know who their qb is right...

quincy carter...

far more likely than ending up in the cfl, thats for sure...

PS: you know who their qb is right...

quincy carter...

seems like a good match...a qb that's cokehead teamed up with a rb that's pothead. they'll have a great time and might even win a few games. :wall: