Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

NFL Draft Weekend Train Wreck: Buffalo Bills

the bills drafted #8 last year. they're drafting #12 this year. if they traded down last year, picked up another day 1 pick, still got their same guy, maybe they'd be drafting 15 or so this year.

not sure why buffalo fans are bumping this thread? :D

Maybe they couldn'y find anyone to trade down....maybe they could have traded down to 23-27 but thought Whitner woulldn't be there, I questioned the 1st round picks that day too....but since realized that the Whitner pick turned out great. He looked good and even top 5 players bust, getting a good player anywhere in the 1st round his hard enough.

The McCargo pick was dumb, because I thought he would be there with their 2nd round pick.....but the rest of their draft was very good.

You make no sense to hang your hat on the Bills being able to trade down....maybe they couldnt get anyone to trade within the area they thought Whitner would go....He turned out good turned out just as good as a few others in the top 10....McCargo was the only dumb pick and he was hurt....there draft was good.

What makes you think they would have got him? What makes you think someones was willing to trade with them? :dunno:

the bills drafted #8 last year. they're drafting #12 this year. if they traded down last year, picked up another day 1 pick, still got their same guy, maybe they'd be drafting 15 or so this year.

not sure why buffalo fans are bumping this thread? :cheers:

Easy there Charles Rogers.

:thumbsdown:

I will freely admit how absurdly wrong I was to mock the Bills' last draft. Turned out alright for them after all. I especially like Ko Simpson's play. I am wondering what the deal for Darwin Walker says about McCargo, though.

I hope more teams this year will follow the Bills' strategy of drafting who they really want that won't be there next time they pick. It would certainly make things more interesting. It has made me a lot more skeptical of mock drafts that say, "this team could really use player X but that's about 4-5 picks too high for him." Hey, if you like a guy and it's your turn, draft him.

I am wondering what the deal for Darwin Walker says about McCargo, though.

I think it says the Bills are going to have a four man rotation at DT and Tim Anderson will be cut.

I think it says the Bills are going to have a four man rotation at DT and Tim Anderson will be cut.

It also means they won't be taking Okoye if he's there. Marv LOVES drafting DB's in the first round so I'm guessing he's hoping Leon Hall falls to #12 to replace Clements.