Sign in to follow this  
BennyAndTheJets

Reggie Bush

I"m the commish of a 12 team redraft league.

10 yards/pt receiving and rushing. 6 pts for TD's. No PPR.

qb, wr, wr, wr, rb, rb, te, wr/rb, k, D.

I was just talking to some of the people in my league after the day 1 of the draft and people we trying to guess where Reggie Bush would go. Any thoughts? I noticed on the YAHOO sports big board for FF, they already have Reggie Bush listed in the top 50.

I almost always start off drafting RB-RB, and can't see drafting him in the first two rounds. Which seemed to be the case last year. Most of the rookie RB's started going off the board in rounds 5-6.

Where would you guys reach for him?

In a redraft I'd take him right around where Westbrook goes. Even with Deuce around, I think he'll put up Westbrook type numbers this year.

I haven't jumped on the Reggie Bush "Hall of Fame" bandwagon. I think he will be an average back… at best throughout his career.

Just an unpopular guy's opinion

:bench:

Because he has the ability to line up wide reciever, any chance he will be eligible as a WR for ur fantasy team, i think its a slim chance but it would raise his value significantly.

I think he will be an average back… at best throughout his career.

:banana:

Your opinion...yah...that's fine...but what stats/data did you use to come up with your opinion.

Your opinion...yah...that's fine...but what stats/data did you use to come up with your opinion.

Since there is no NFL stats on Bush yet, his value in the Saints system cannot be measured yet. He could be great or he could be average. Who knows yet?

Only play redraft leagues. Have never drafted a rookie before RD 6 and have never been sorry that I didn't. Why would anyone want to draft any rookie RB who is on a poor team and is guaranteed to be part of RBBC? He will have a decent game here and there FF wise but to plan on him being a starter is rediculous. Your only hope is that Duece gets hurt (altho, there odds of that are not bad).

i think a bigger question for me is what's the value of mcallister now... :banana:

Only play redraft leagues. Have never drafted a rookie before RD 6 and have never been sorry that I didn't. Why would anyone want to draft any rookie RB who is on a poor team and is guaranteed to be part of RBBC? He will have a decent game here and there FF wise but to plan on him being a starter is rediculous. Your only hope is that Duece gets hurt (altho, there odds of that are not bad).

but bush is in a somewhat unique situation in that he's the golden boy/marketing dream that benson will use for the battered saints and the battered city. that part of it alone makes me think the saints will use bush a LOT on the field (never mind the talent and never mind mcallister).

If it were a rookie draft into a dynasty league, I would pick up as early as I could. In a re-draft, probably 5th round or later.

I don't think his impact this coming year will warrant a higher draft pick.

This may sound odd, but I am glad I'm not in a position to have to decide to take him or not in any of my dynasty leagues. Its a gut feeling, but he has BUST written all over him for some reason. Call it the hype factor, being tired of constantly hearing schmucks like kiper and mortensen singing his praises or just not believing his talent will not transition to the NFL, but I would avoid making a move for him unless I had no other alternative. Shades of Blair Thomas, Ron Dayne and a long line of big name college backs flopping in the NFL.

i think a bigger question for me is what's the value of mcallister now... :huh:

but bush is in a somewhat unique situation in that he's the golden boy/marketing dream that benson will use for the battered saints and the battered city. that part of it alone makes me think the saints will use bush a LOT on the field (never mind the talent and never mind mcallister).

Agreed, he will be on the field "a lot" for a rookie RB in a RBBC situation. But what does that translate to in FF production. Not enough to be a starter for me.

BTW, in case you didn't notice, he L White got all the goal line carries at USC. How many do you think he will get with Duece there who is hugely better than ManTitty's White. TD's are gold in FF.

Agreed, he will be on the field "a lot" for a rookie RB in a RBBC situation. But what does that translate to in FF production. Not enough to be a starter for me.

BTW, in case you didn't notice, he L White got all the goal line carries at USC. How many do you think he will get with Duece there who is hugely better than ManTitty's White. TD's are gold in FF.

I think this depends on how well Deuce comes back from his injury. Bush may see more carries than we normally would expect if Deuce is slow to bounce back. That is the real wildcard here in this situation. Also it depends on the new scheme they come up with with Brees in there (if he is back to 100%). NO is in bad shape right now with Brees and Deuce questionable. Brees has done very well with a versitile back behind him. As good as Deuce is, he isn't quite as versitile and with his knee, maybe less so. Bush could very well see significant playing time.

I don't think Shanny is happy with his running backs and my question is could their be a posible trade in the future, Lelie and number 2 or 3 pick in 2007 for McAllister?

I'm sure guys that have D. McAllister on their keeper or dynasty rosters are pissed. I think we will see McAllister as the "starter" early on but by week 3-4, Bush will start to adjust to getting more touches and the fans will be chanting for Bush to be on the field. By the end of the season, McAllister will begin to be phased out as Bush takes over. McAllister will be cut or traded next off season. No way they can keep both RBs in 2007 as that is way too much money to have tied up in one position when that team has so many other needs, particularly on defense.

I'm sure guys that have D. McAllister on their keeper or dynasty rosters are pissed.

Tough poop.

Sincerely,

Dom. Davis Owners

I think Bush will see PT but won't be too big of a FF player.

If Deuce is healthy he will be their goalline back. Reminds me of Atlanta. Dunn (Bush) will rack up yardage and may break a few, but Duckett (Deuce) will get the 8+ TDs from the red zone...I DO however, think that Bush will put up 7 or 8 TDs as a rookie. He's playing on Turf and he SHOULD be the Saints return man...

I think Bush will see PT but won't be too big of a FF player.

If Deuce is healthy he will be their goalline back. Reminds me of Atlanta. Dunn (Bush) will rack up yardage and may break a few, but Duckett (Deuce) will get the 8+ TDs from the red zone...I DO however, think that Bush will put up 7 or 8 TDs as a rookie. He's playing on Turf and he SHOULD be the Saints return man...

They aren't paying Bush to be a full time return man.....he'll start off there but by mid/late season, he will be getting most of the touches while Deuce is phased out....Bush will start off a lttle slow but wind up scoring 20+ a week by the time most fantasy playoffs are starting......

a lot will depend on the scoring system as well. my league gives bonus points for long td's and for rb's catching td passes. if the saints have deuce in the backfield and bush in the slot he's due to break a few long catching plays which would boost him in my league. I agree that he'll look a lot like brian westbrook, especially this year.

problem is, I'm expecting at least one owner or two to go nuts and bid bush highly, as if he were a 10 td lock, which he isn't.

a lot will depend on the scoring system as well. my league gives bonus points for long td's and for rb's catching td passes. if the saints have deuce in the backfield and bush in the slot he's due to break a few long catching plays which would boost him in my league. I agree that he'll look a lot like brian westbrook, especially this year.

problem is, I'm expecting at least one owner or two to go nuts and bid bush highly, as if he were a 10 td lock, which he isn't.

In all honesty, fantasy-wise...I find Joseph Addai inching out Reggie Bush until Deuce gets hurt or loses his starting position.

I don't think Shanny is happy with his running backs and my question is could their be a posible trade in the future, Lelie and number 2 or 3 pick in 2007 for McAllister?

Deuce owners like myself could only wish

In a PPR (redraft) league, Reggie's value may come a bit closer to where he will actually go, but in the end he I think he will go too high. That's especially true for especially since I live in SoCal and have a ton USC fans in my leagues. Still in normal leagues, he will probably go much higher than he should. I am guessing he will be taken in most league's (12 teamer let's say for the sake of argument) around the middle of the third beginning of the 4th.