Sign in to follow this  
ROBOKOP

Words of Brett Favre

I think the getting back to the WCO plays not only to Favre's strength, but also to Gardener's. I think Rod can be the big body going over the middle to catch those 15-yard frozen ropes.

Favre's srengths as a QB and as a competitor are when he piles up the first downs. He's proven you can control the clock with the pass. And that you can run an effective two-minute offense 12 yards at a crack. All this quote says is that when he needs to throw 15 yrads for a first down or a TD, he's not gonna dump it three yards for the compltetion stats. Cool with me.

Favre returning is a godsend to the Packers. I don't even care if he comes off as arrogant. That makes a good QB. This guy goes head to head with DTs for crying out loud. But he also needs to show the world that he can be coached. And McCarthy needs to show that he can coach a lovable, gunslinging azzhole like my buddy Brett. Sherman didn't have the testicular fortitude for it.

and a guy with no hc experience--a guy only a few years older than brett--a guy who bears an eerie similarity in personality and pedigree to marty morongweg...is going to have the testicles that sherman didn't? while your doing your rosary beads on that prayer, put in a word for world peace.

and a guy with no hc experience--a guy only a few years older than brett--a guy who bears an eerie similarity in personality and pedigree to marty morongweg...is going to have the testicles that sherman didn't? while your doing your rosary beads on that prayer, put in a word for world peace.

I'm not a big McCarthy fan, but what he does have is Brett Favre experience. Don't need to pray for that. McCarthy got everything Favre had the year they were together. Several come-from-behind wins. I already know this guy gets in Brett's face far more than Sherman did. Packer fans stick to facts where Lions fans seem to turn to beads and dreams. Good luck with that.

I'm not a big McCarthy fan, but what he does have is Brett Favre experience. Don't need to pray for that. McCarthy got everything Favre had the year they were together. Several come-from-behind wins. I already know this guy gets in Brett's face far more than Sherman did. Packer fans stick to facts where Lions fans seem to turn to beads and dreams. Good luck with that.

being a position coach and an hc are two different things. a position coach always has daddy's (hc) protection and authority. mccarthy no longer has that protector with brett.

and i'm not saying it won't work out. but i thought favre should have retired last year (and took much abuse about it). it's one thing to write off a bad year for a player in his prime...it's quite another to write off what brett did last year as an aging, not-close-to-my-prime anymore player. his waffling this offseason is a red flag, also.

if the packers stumble out of the gate, it will get u-g-l-y. favre will get that signature (as of late, anyway) catatonic look in his eye and be shaking his head on the sidelines, mccarthy will be doing a pr dance to the media every week, and the hot debate will be "should rodgers be given a chance?"

"What has Favre done the last 4-5 years? Lost the first Packer playoff game at home ever, thrown 29 INTs in a season, threw a rediculous INT against Philly to give their playoff game away, held his team hostage this offseason, proved he had the ultimate ego saying he would not help Aaron Rodgers, etc."--nfl radio, 5-7-06

"What has Favre done the last 4-5 years? Lost the first Packer playoff game at home ever, thrown 29 INTs in a season, threw a rediculous INT against Philly to give their playoff game away, held his team hostage this offseason, proved he had the ultimate ego saying he would not help Aaron Rodgers, etc."--nfl radio, 5-7-06

Too funny.

So he lost the first game there ever? All by himself? Had nothing to do with a defense that could not touch Michael Vick huh?

29 INTs is correct...no way to deny that.

INT against Philly, while it was the last thing that really happened...to say that gave the game away is certainly not being completely honest...lets not forget 4th and 26, Sherman not going for it on 4th, and a defense that did not hold the Eagles either...

Held his team hostage? No...just contemplated retirement...not once did he ask for people to be signed and he would be back...those where quotes not by him...but by Mort paraphrasing and others taking quotes from agents and family members opinions.

He did not state he would not help Aaron Rodgers...he stated it was not his job...in fact, he has worked quite a bit with Rodgers by every account including Rodgers himself.

NFL Radio needs to work on some new material. :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

Too funny.

So he lost the first game there ever? All by himself? Had nothing to do with a defense that could not touch Michael Vick huh?

29 INTs is correct...no way to deny that.

INT against Philly, while it was the last thing that really happened...to say that gave the game away is certainly not being completely honest...lets not forget 4th and 26, Sherman not going for it on 4th, and a defense that did not hold the Eagles either...

Held his team hostage? No...just contemplated retirement...not once did he ask for people to be signed and he would be back...those where quotes not by him...but by Mort paraphrasing and others taking quotes from agents and family members opinions.

He did not state he would not help Aaron Rodgers...he stated it was not his job...in fact, he has worked quite a bit with Rodgers by every account including Rodgers himself.

NFL Radio needs to work on some new material. :lol: :first: :cheers:

maybe you can call in and set them straight :D

maybe you can call in and set them straight :wacko:

Favre at 20 percent of his former self is still better than any quarterback the Lions have ever had. :D

Don't get bitter, get better. :cheers:

Favre at 20 percent of his former self is still better than any quarterback the Lions have ever had. :wacko:

Don't get bitter, get better. :cheers:

harrington had 17 less interceptions last year and 1 more win than favre.

ouch! (*rimshot*)

ouch! (*rimshot*)

Favre had 14 winning seasons, 3 mvp's and a lombardi trophy.

That's 14, 3 and 1 less than Favre for Joey.

ouch! (*rimshot*)

:loses 24 straight on the road: *infamy's a ######*

Harrington = soon to be traded for a 6th or 7th round pick....

that is 1 more to add to the ever growing list of recent high 1st round busts...

Ouch (*DP*)

ouch! (*rimshot*)

Why are they cutting him then??

Harrington is probably top-5 in the history of Lions QBs.

Charlie Batch would probably be #1. :first:

I was almost a little embarassed to discover that Favre had more INTs than Joey Heisman had wins in his tenure with the Lions, but then I remembered he also has more touchdowns in his worst year than Joey has wins in his career and that made me giggle a bit.

When Scott Mitchell brings back memories of the good old days... never mind... this is too easy...

Grossman has beaten favre every time. :unsure:

Who's that? :first:

Never heard of him.

Is his first name Shane??? :cheers:

Favre had 14 winning seasons, 3 mvp's and a lombardi trophy.

That's 14, 3 and 1 less than Favre for Joey.

ouch! (*rimshot*)

:loses 24 straight on the road: *infamy's a ######*

which proves my point about how horrible he was last year. thanks for reinforcing that :unsure:

Why are they cutting him then??

Harrington is probably top-5 in the history of Lions QBs.

Charlie Batch would probably be #1. :first:

i know--which makes my point even more laughable about favre last year. thanks for reinforcing that :cheers:

I am a Packers fan.

Last year Favre sucked.

Favre is one of the top 4 QBs of all time.

Go Packers.

:first: .

Apparently none of you have a clue as to why Favre had 29 int's last year. Did you even watch the games? Favre was heaving the ball up for grabs at or near the endzone repeatedly hoping to throw a TD pass. He was hoping to get close enough to Marino last year so as to overtake him in 2006. Only getting 20 td's means he needs 25 this year. He knew that and could have cared less about an INT if he had a chance to throw a TD and get closer to the record. He had every intention of coming back to break the record this year. He knows that is a monumental task with the hack receivers he has so that is why he said this was not a guarantee that it would be his last year. He may need 2 years to break the record.

Apparently none of you have a clue as to why Favre had 29 int's last year. Did you even watch the games? Favre was heaving the ball up for grabs at or near the endzone repeatedly hoping to throw a TD pass. He was hoping to get close enough to Marino last year so as to overtake him in 2006. Only getting 20 td's means he needs 25 this year. He knew that and could have cared less about an INT if he had a chance to throw a TD and get closer to the record. He had every intention of coming back to break the record this year. He knows that is a monumental task with the hack receivers he has so that is why he said this was not a guarantee that it would be his last year. He may need 2 years to break the record.

Wow...what a bunch of incredible BS.

:unsure:

I use to think that Favre didn't care about records, was a completely unselfish player, etc....but some of the things he has said and done over the past couple of seasons have changed my opinion of him.

Him getting involved in Walker's contract situation last season was disgraceful. Even if he was asked about it, a simple "no comment" or "that is a management issue" would have been fine. He went out of his way to side against his best WR when the man's career was on the line. Low class move.

Favre's has said that he has no interest in helping A. Rogers develop. I think the quote in camp last season was something like "I'm not here to teach him anything. He can learn by watching from the bench". Even if he feels that way (which 90% of all vets do), there was no need to say that in public. Another low class move.

After going out and throwing 29 INTs, many of which directly lead to the other team scoring, ie, LOSSES, he has the nerve to play games with this whole "I may retire, I may not" act. If he was in NY, Philly, Dallas, Denver, Cleveland, etc....where the fans are out spoken, he would have been booed out of town two years ago after giving away that playoff game to the Eagles with a lob pass into triple coverage.

Favre was a great player and a lock 1st ballet HOFer but I don't think he is quite the "class act" many people make him out to be. At this point I am hoping he breaks the INT record before ever getting to the TD record.

I use to think that Favre didn't care about records, was a completely unselfish player, etc....but some of the things he has said and done over the past couple of seasons have changed my opinion of him.

Him getting involved in Walker's contract situation last season was disgraceful. Even if he was asked about it, a simple "no comment" or "that is a management issue" would have been fine. He went out of his way to side against his best WR when the man's career was on the line. Low class move.

Went out of his way? Answering a question during an interview is...A. not going out of his way and...B. not getting involved. He commented on the situation as he was asked to. That is not involvement, unless you have confirmed sources stating he was in on any negotiations with Ted Thompson.

Favre's has said that he has no interest in helping A. Rogers develop. I think the quote in camp last season was something like "I'm not here to teach him anything. He can learn by watching from the bench". Even if he feels that way (which 90% of all vets do), there was no need to say that in public. Another low class move.

This has been talked about time and time again. The quote was during the season stating it was not his job, that he did not get that kind of help. Read up on quotes from Rodgers about Favre actually helping him and there to answer any questions Rodgers has. Here you go with a link that I am posting for about the 10th time on boards because people like you still have no clue about reality and ran with one old quote rather than what is really going on.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/N...eubauer2021.htm

After going out and throwing 29 INTs, many of which directly lead to the other team scoring, ie, LOSSES, he has the nerve to play games with this whole "I may retire, I may not" act. If he was in NY, Philly, Dallas, Denver, Cleveland, etc....where the fans are out spoken, he would have been booed out of town two years ago after giving away that playoff game to the Eagles with a lob pass into triple coverage.

Realy, you have stats on which INTS led to the other team scoring? Some did...many? Not sure...could be...but I doubt you know this for a fact.

He has the nerve to decide the rest of his life? Oh no...the horror, the man pondered a long career and if he was ready to give up what has been his entire life.

The pass in Philly was into one on one coverage with help over the top...not triple coverage...and your ignorance shows if you want to blame that entire game on one man.

Favre was a great player and a lock 1st ballet HOFer but I don't think he is quite the "class act" many people make him out to be. At this point I am hoping he breaks the INT record before ever getting to the TD record.

He actually is quite classy, always very candid with the media and fans and speaks what is on his mind. It rubs alot of people the wrong way...but nobody can diminish what he has done for the Green Bay Packers.

He may never break either record...and who cares...he does not seem to, I don't. People complain about the INTs...same people who put Elway on a pedastal...but then look at the numbers and realize Favre's TD/INT ratio is better than Elways (at least was before last year, I have not recalculated since last season).