Sign in to follow this  
bigmarc27

***Preseason Power Rankings***

**Disclaimer - I made a bunch of mistakes compiling this... There's probably comments that I accidentally deleted and I might have missed a ranking or two. Anyway, if I missed something you want added, email me or deal with it. :headbanger:

I did the High ranking, Low ranking, and comments. There's no average ranking this year because I'm tired of putting the entire thing together and I didn't get full rankings from everyone.

The rankings are listed in Alphabetical order.

AUKIDJOSH

High Ranking – 1

Low Ranking – 7

- Solid except at WR - came on strong last year and should continue

- His wrs suck more than my high school boyfriend.

- OK QB, great RB in LT2, don't know if Davis can repeat, WR's are worse than mine, thats not good - #9

- AUKidJoshH - I wanted to sway from the obvious here and select AUKidjshH. He has the special teams that could lift him over the top. Also, he has a distinct advantage over jgalt at QB. The gap in WR could hurt him though.

- Great QB situation. I really like Leftwich's future. Three strong RBs. Very weak at WR, but strong RBs and QB could mask it. Shockey at TE will also help the poor WR.

- Well-rounded team. A little weak at WR but they'll be good enough to help this team stay competitive.

- LT2! Solid running, tightending, defense... QB, WR, are more than adequate

- This may be a surprise to some, but if he could get one more WR before CuMar's done he'd have a very good shot at the title.

BIGMARC27

High Ranking – 2

Low Ranking – 10

- Tons of depth at RB and WR. His team has made an amazing turnaround since two years ago.

- Alge roxor, but the rest are players on the fringe of gretaness or futility. I'm leaning toward gretaness.

- Bulger is his guy and depending where Collins lands, maybe his only guy. Otherwise, it's just Grossman in his first year as a starter if Bulger sucks it up. Lots of question-mark guys at RB - a lot of RBBC-ers in that bunch (Westbrook, Suggs, Green and K.Jones all have roles that are a bit unclear at this point). Shipp starts, but that's a tough one to hang your hat on. Even more questions at WR. Burress and Robinson need have bounce-back seasons. Chambers will produce less with Boston in MIA. I do like Williams to have a nice rookie year. Decent TEs.

- A very nice offseason for mongo, but still maybe too young to take the championship. Lack

of depth at QB is scarey. Some young unproven RBs and an up-n-coming WR core. Nice special teams as well.

- Just too many RBBC or rookie RB's to rank high, as well as

underachievers at WR.

DANZONE

High Ranking – 4

Low Ranking – 11

- I don't get the trade for Brooks. His RB position is weak and used a high draft pick for what will be a backup QB this year I assume. Has some good young talent though - needs young guys to step up in a hurry.

- Only ranked below Ted because his division will be much tougher than Ted's. Not a very good team at this point.

- strong at QB with McNair and Brooks, F.Taylor and a lot of depth, but not much quality, top 3 WRs are strong but next few need are questionable, TE is weak.

- Could end up anywhere from 6th to 11th, but ultimately I'm

- QB,s are solid, but not great, RB's, we'll see, WR's are solid - #6

- Eh. Now that I look at his team again, it's not that bad. Guessing that he's just one good enough RB away from making the playoffs.

- The ultimate feast or famine roster. Could come in last or win the whole damn thing.

FARMER BERNIE

High Ranking – 4

Low Ranking – 11

- great offseason. Dillon, Ahman, Brooks, and some nice WRs will carry this team possibly into the playoffs.

-Lots of upside - his team could surprise. Then again, it could also continue to be the fantasy football equivalent of a messy dump.

- Needs career years out of his QB's, RB's are solid, WR's are soso - #7

- Seems high, but he's just got so much young talent accumulated that he has to be good enough to make the post season.

- Low rank is based on given lineup. If some of that youth breaks through, then look the fock out!

- If Tatum Bell starts, this team is a contender. If not, this team is middle-of-the-road.

GRANDPAHOO

High Ranking – 4

Low Ranking – 11

- Scores points just on bad weeks. Is getting old pretty quickly, but if Faulk can play 14 games, this team should be pretty good. Great Duckett trade.

- This team is actually pretty decent (i.e. not the worst in the league) as long as Faulk is still playing. If Faulk goes, hoo's team goes.

- Some great players, but a lot of rbbc. Choosing the right players for the right week should be fun for him.

- additions of Duckett and Fitzgerald will add some much needed depth. He's relying heavily on aging stars at QB and RB. Only Holt stands out in a very thin WR group. How well his new additions do will likely determine how far he will go this year.

- grandpahoo - Lack of depth at QB, but Favre is a

warrior. I actually like his RB's and he finally got

Duckett. Wrs are not too deep either. He'll struggle

all year again.

- Good enough to make the playoffs if he were in any other

division and his record will suffer worse than his points scored will suggest.

- Mr Panties - His team is as ###### up as mine, too old, needs outstanding years out of Faulk & Favre, not likley

GRATEFULTED

High Ranking – 8

Low Ranking – 11

- I think Ricky is in for a rebound and Elisha will be a great one. The team is getting old, but its got some good pieces in place for now.

- Not so good. Ted really should have gone WR or RB with his first round pick.

- My least favorite team. Quantity does not equal quality when it comes to his QBs, though Garcia and Johnson should be decent. At this point he can only count on Ricky at RB, though Hearst and Ontario could add depth should the get substantial playing time in their respective deep backfields. Being so thin at RB require some depth at WR, which he does not have. Boldin and Warrick are nice, but there really is nothing after them. TE is decent.

- A shitload of QBs, but are any of them any good? This team is struggling at almost every

position and I don't why I don't him ranked last.

- The team is getting too old too quickly, too many RBBC's and

not enough WR talent behind Boldin, why did he take a QB in the first.

- Poopy.

- O Smith and Hearst are listed as starters. Ouch. His crown jewel should follow Ted's example and save the wacky tobbacky for retirement.

ORGAZMO

High Ranking – 6

Low Ranking – 11

- Some iffy trades, but Portis and Hasslebeck should carry this team in an aging division.

- Thin at RB but should be in the playoff hunt.

- I actually thing he hurt himself for this season with his fraft/trades. He obviously has more confidence in the seasons that Thomas Jones and Quinten Griffin will have. So, he may have a lack of depth at RB this year, with only Portis as a guarantee. His top two WRs are great, his WR3 is still an uncertainty. Strong at QB and TE.

- Probably the most screwed team out there over the past two years. His weekly match-ups have been unfavorable, but his team is solid. Four starting QBs is impressive, though lack of depth at RB is scarey.

- If any injury happens to tofro's team then he has a very good

chance to get into the playoffs, but for now he's a little behind the others,

almost all the starters are on new teams and that hurts the rank some.

- Outside QB it seems his entire team has switched teams, wait and see I guess

- I really like his team, so I'm not sure why I rated him this low.

RURBANIAK

High Ranking – 2

Low Ranking – 10

- Peyton + Marvin is pretty good. Jjones can make or break this team this year.

- He picked up two RBs in the offseason and his team suddenly looks good again.

- needs Manning to stay healthy - no depth at QB. RBs are not so good and unproven - R.Johnson had one decent year and needs to repeat it and J.Jones needs to produce as a rookie. After those two, just a bunch of has-beens and never-will-bes. WR is the strength with Marvin, Peerless and J.Smith. After those three it's not too good. TEs are weak - needs Troupe to produce as rookie.

- Marvin Harrison and Peyton Manning and no one else. Those two have carried this team for

long enough. Some questionable trades have desimating his RBs.

- The QB and WR's are outstanding and he got some help at RB so he should make the playoffs.

- Great QB, RB's have ?'s, WR's are getting up there in age, he needs Price to bounce back - #10

- Is Rudi Johnson really his No. 1 rb? Sweet Jesus.

- Solid starters, assuming JJones is all dat#@.

TORRID JOE

High Ranking – 5

Low Ranking – 10

- Vick, Deuce, and Gonzo are great - but there's not much else. Could have some major depth issues.

- I like his QB and RBs, though Barber and Staley will likely be splitting carries this year. How much the split will determine how many wins he gets. His WRs are weak after Coles, though one of several may make a WR2 this year, but its far from a sure thing. Strength at TE helps to make up the deficiency at WR.

- torridjoe - Torrid has really hacked this team up huh? Vick will get hurt and he will struggle at QB. Decent RBs, but not much depth. I only like one WR on his team, but I've never been really too high on him. Gonzo is a stud and will be the best TE again this year.

- Can be scarey if Vick can do what he should, which is DOMINATE. If tiki can stop dropping the ball and either Meeshawn or Driver bounce back, watch out - #3

- If we were power-ranking our respective hairdos, t-joe would be No. 1 with a focking bullet.

- This ranking assumes that all of his key parts are not able to stay

healthy, this team is just too thin and one injury to any of five or six guys

and he'll be in trouble.

VIKINGS4EVER

High Ranking – 2

Low Ranking – 6

- this team is getting old fast - however, Priest still ensures a tough team to beat for now. Lacking QB depth.

- His RBs are thinning out but he has plenty of WR depth to let Priest carry the RB points.

- Still has Holmes, but the team is getting old.

- decent QBs, but needs a healthy Gannon. He's got Priest and that's all you need to make your RBs strong, but really only E.George after him. Does Eddie have one more year in him - I don't think so. Great WRs - I really like the rookie R.Williams. Weak TE.

- You still can't count this team out. He's weak at QB, but pretty solid everywhere

else. Lack of depth at RB might be harmful, but Holmes could pick up the slack and act as two RBs.

- Will be relying too much on WR's to win his games, needs another startable RB badly, but it still might be enough to get into the playoffs again.

- Pretty strong all around, could use an extra RB - #2

- Lots of big names who I think will underperform this year, but

WHOISJGALT

High Ranking – 1

Low Ranking – 3

-Almost put Wilzone here, but for this year the trio of Alexander/Davis/Lewis is more intriguing than Barlow/Henry/Edge. That might change soon though.

-Just loaded with young talent at every position. Focking jerkoff.

whoisjgalt - Outside QB (good QB's but not for FF purposes) RB's & WR's are the cream of the crop - #1

- An obvious strong team though weak at QB and special teams. Yeah, Heap will be a top 5 TE,

but with Boller, I think his numbers will be slightly down again this year.

- Should be a unanimous selection as the best team. No real weakness on his team. The best we can hope for is for RBBC, legal trouble and injuries to slow him down if we want a shot at winning in the next couple years.

- Cloudy future, but at the moment, solid.

- The champ's team is still the best. If Jamal goes to jail things could get interesting, but he's #1 at this point.

WILZONE

High Ranking – 1

Low Ranking – 3

- Stud at every spot… could take the top team slot this year and it wouldn't surprise me.

- Solid starters. Solid depth. It's going to be hard to keep him out of the winners circle. Alsoheisadickweed.

- Wilzone - additions of Trent Green and Steve Smith help to make this my second favorite team. One of the few teams who can start 3 RBs. Two strong WRs and some promising youth for a WR3. He may have just frafted the next great TE. All of this along with Culpepper make this a very good team.

- Backing up Pepper with Trent Green was a great move this off-season. Nice depth at RB will help him this year. His WRs were slightly improved as well. Not sure how Winslow will pan out in his 1st year, but Gates show some brilliance at the end of last year.

- If two out of Rogers / Smith / Jackson are solid, his starters will be almost as impressive as his rack.

- Great QB, Good RB's (if Travis gets the nod), WR need some help - #4

- Too bad the top two teams are in the same division. :blink:

- I really like his team, so I'm not sure why I rated him this low.

well, thank you soooooooooo much :headbanger:

<<His wrs suck more than my high school boyfriend>>

Wait - did I really type this, or did you edit it? I hope it's the latter.

<<His wrs suck more than my high school boyfriend>>

Wait - did I really type this, or did you edit it? I hope it's the latter.

:banana:

great offseason. Dillon, Ahman, Brooks, and some nice WRs will carry this team possibly into the playoffs.

Uh, thanks, but I traded Brooks to Dan. :banana:

I think it's interesting that 5 different teams were rated last.

Including my own :angry:

and three of those were also rated as highly as 4 :lol:

Including my own :banana:

great offseason. Dillon, Ahman, Brooks, and some nice WRs will carry this team possibly into the playoffs.

Uh, thanks, but I traded Brooks to Dan. :banana:

I meant Carr :ph34r:

Other than Galt and Wilzone and to a much lesser degree AUKid and Vikes, the rankings were all over the place. The spectrum of rankings were very wide, and there was basically no consensus.

Other than Galt and Wilzone and to a much lesser degree AUKid and Vikes, the rankings were all over the place. The spectrum of rankings were very wide, and there was basically no consensus.

You're ranking kills me - either 2nd best or 2nd worst :banana:

Since we've yet to have accurate rankings, I won't hold all the outrageous slander against you people.... For too long.

I know my team sucks, its no fun to hear it from others though :banana:

My reasoning for taking ELIsha was because I did not like the RB's that were left, was'nt to crazy about the WR's either, the ones I did like were on sh1tty teams, I know I had a ton of QB's but they're junk and feel that Eli will soon dominate, not this year though.

My team may suck now, I'll bet anybody any amount of money that I will finish with a better than .500 record.

Oh yeah, I gots sum QB's to trade! :ph34r:

I'm certain who this is. :banana:

- Should be a unanimous selection as the best team. No real weakness on his team. The best we can hope for is for RBBC, legal trouble and injuries to slow him down if we want a shot at winning in the next couple years.

Someone who hasn't been attention to wilzone's team. :banana:

- Cloudy future, but at the moment, solid.

I'm not sure what to say... Randy Moss is my 3rd oldest and he's only 27 and one of the two older is a focking kicker. :banana:

-Almost put Wilzone here, but for this year the trio of Alexander/Davis/Lewis is more intriguing than Barlow/Henry/Edge. That might change soon though.

Someone who IS paying attention. :ph34r: In fact I myself put Wilzone ahead of me. :banana:

- An obvious strong team though weak at QB and special teams. Yeah, Heap will be a top 5 TE, but with Boller, I think his numbers will be slightly down again this year.

Someone who hasn't been attention to wilzone's team. :thumbsup:

or Farmer Bernie's

My comments are sooooo easy to pick out.

That's exactly what I was going to say after reading that.

My favorite and I'm not even positive you wrote it:

On Ted's team: "Poopy."

My comments are sooooo easy to pick out.

That's exactly what I was going to say after reading that.

My favorite and I'm not even positive you wrote it:

On Ted's team: "Poopy."

Mine.

AUKIDJOSH

High Ranking – 1

Low Ranking – 7

- His wrs suck more than my high school boyfriend.

FARMER BERNIE

High Ranking – 4

Low Ranking – 11

-Lots of upside - his team could surprise. Then again, it could also continue to be the fantasy football equivalent of a messy dump.

RURBANIAK

High Ranking – 2

Low Ranking – 10

- Is Rudi Johnson really his No. 1 rb? Sweet Jesus.

TORRID JOE

High Ranking – 5

Low Ranking – 10

- If we were power-ranking our respective hairdos, t-joe would be No. 1 with a focking bullet.

WHOISJGALT

High Ranking – 1

Low Ranking – 3

WILZONE

High Ranking – 1

Low Ranking – 3

- If two out of Rogers / Smith / Jackson are solid, his starters will be almost as impressive as his rack.

Also mine.

At least I amuse myself.

Yeah, they all stuck out like a sore thumb. The messy dump line was also brilliant.

WILZONE

High Ranking – 1

Low Ranking – 3

- Stud at every spot… could take the top team slot this year and it wouldn't surprise me.

- Solid starters. Solid depth. It's going to be hard to keep him out of the winners circle. Alsoheisadickweed.

- Wilzone - additions of Trent Green and Steve Smith help to make this my second favorite team. One of the few teams who can start 3 RBs. Two strong WRs and some promising youth for a WR3. He may have just frafted the next great TE. All of this along with Culpepper make this a very good team.

- Backing up Pepper with Trent Green was a great move this off-season. Nice depth at RB will help him this year. His WRs were slightly improved as well. Not sure how Winslow will pan out in his 1st year, but Gates show some brilliance at the end of last year.

- Great QB, Good RB's (if Travis gets the nod), WR need some help - #4

- Too bad the top two teams are in the same division. 

All of this praise is overwhelming considering how awful my team has been for the last two years.

Also, here was my analysis of my team after the initial draft two years ago:

"My Tig Ole Bitties will jiggle around a little this season, but once they mature and become fully grown, they are going to be pretty spectacular. This season I might finish in the lower half, but I should be a contender in years to come."

:thumbsup: AlsoItotallyjustjinxedmyself.

Yeah, they all stuck out like a sore thumb. The messy dump line was also brilliant.

:thumbsup:

On my list in two leagues now, focker!!!!!!