Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Current " sexy " RB's that will be da suck

Julius Jones - is starting to get alot more intrest as he is starting to be a early/mid 2nd round pick in most mocks I have seen. 1st - barber will get the short yardage TD's 2nd Barber will eat carries away and if barber gets hot Parcells is known to just ride the hot player. Jones will dissapoint fantasy wise IMO.

Chester Taylor Damn people are hotter on him than Jessica Alba in a room full of convicts. Currently a late 2nd early 3rd round pick. Okay Minnesota has at least 3 qaulity backs in Taylor, Moore, and Fason. I think Fason will get the shorty carries as he proved last year he was good in that role , Moore is an GREAT reciever out the backfield and solid runner ( when healthy ) - he should get alot of 3rd down and passing situation looks. I just don't see Taylor being the everyhting back some others do.

W. Mcgahee Boy did garbage all 05 - Buffalo does nothing to improve the sqaud on D or O and people are taking him late 1st early 2nd. IMO might as well throw your first pick in tyhe trash can - if you actually take this guy there. Only dissapointment at the end of the McGahee owners rainbow !

R. Droughns Some are thinking this guy will be a in for a great year -- Okay lets look at his supposed solid year last season as the feature RB all season long - 2 focking TD's ! Even if he tripples that number it still is da suck.

Reggie Bush currently a early / mid 3rd round pick. Duece is still the starter in NOla and will still get the bulk of the carries. Bush will get alot of receptions and should get 10 - 12 carries but hardly a true RBBc guy in the early mid third. people are falling in love with the talent and the name and ignoring the situation he is in. That said if Duece gets injured and Bush is da man - he would turn from a shittyy focking pick toi a stroke of genius :banana:

Chester - He was the man Childress went after in the offseason. Fason's role was from another coaching staff, that does not translate into this season. Mewelde has been dinged up his whole career so far, and though talented my stay at PR and may take on KR depending how Childress goes. It comes down to Taylor was Childress' man and will get the bulk of the carries and will run behind Mckinney, Hutch, and Birk. That's enough for me to be confident in this guy as a very solid #2 RB.

McGahee - Dude has straight up talent, and still gained 1300 yards last year, though TD production was down quite a bit. If you can team him up with another solid RB in the end of the first beginning of second, it's not a bad one-two punch.

Droughns - Tons of yards no TD's, yes we are all aware. But is it: he is unable to score or lack of opportunities? And it's not like people are taking this guy as their #1 rb. Sometimes your hand gets delt and you have to take him in the 3rd, so be it.

Droughns will quadruple that number of TDs this year; assuming he stays out of jail. The Browns were rarely inside the 5 yard line last year.

They also added Bentley and Shaffer on the OL, with Winslow/Edwards/Jurevicius in the lineup the offense should be much improved. I expect 1,100 yards and 10 tds from Reuben. The Browns as a team maybe had 5 rushing TDs last year total (?) It was brutal.

I also disagree with McGahee...but I am concerned about their offense. If he had ANY help he would be a top 5 pick.

Chester Taylor Damn people are hotter on him than Jessica Alba in a room full of convicts. Currently a late 2nd early 3rd round pick. Okay Minnesota has at least 3 qaulity backs in Taylor, Moore, and Fason. I think Fason will get the shorty carries as he proved last year he was good in that role , Moore is an GREAT reciever out the backfield and solid runner ( when healthy ) - he should get alot of 3rd down and passing situation looks. I just don't see Taylor being the everyhting back some others do.

Uh oh.....countdown to scooter joining this thread has begun :thumbsup:

JJones is getting too much undeserved pub. In his defense, it's been awhile since I've seen an RB explode thru a hole like he does. But, then he wants to straight up deck a LB and gets crushed. Take a look at a guy like Shaun Alexander, Laurence Maroney, or Warrick Dunn. They all run thru the middle, but none take direct hits like JJ tries to. He's talented, but I think we've seen all we're gonna from him - until he learns more of the nuiances and self preservation. Not to mention, they got Barber.

I'm a Ravens homer and we all were hoping that GM Ozzie would sign Chester long term. The kid can catch, run, and block. He works hard and doesn't complain. I like to take chances when drafting and him and the Vikes have all the things I like to consider: 1) new owner. Zygi will want to show a new direction and will spend money to make a winner; 2) a new coach with a good pedigree. Childress has experience directing a successful offense; 3) offensive line talent. Mount McKinnie and Hutcheson. 'Nuff said; 4) knows how to use the player. Chester is a tougher version of Westbrook. He won't break in game 8, but can catch, run outside, run inside, block, and be a good teammate. He wants a chance to be the guy and won't let you down.

Moore is a Walmart veresion of Chester and Fason didn't show much at Florida or last season. Both are the previous admin's guys too. There is enough talent in Minn, but not enough to make Chester a 3rd or 4th option. He's this year's Lamont - 1200 yards rushing, 500 catching, 10 total TDs.

One more thing from a Baltimoron: the biggest offseason loss we've had in the last 5 years is Phil Savage going to the Brownies. He picked Taylor. Everyone Savage touches, turns to gold - with the exception of Travis Taylor. But, I blame Spurrier for that. Take Chester on the wrap around and watch him go!

As for McGahee, at least he's the unchallenged #1 RB. 1300 yards ain't what is used to be, but you know he'll get the rock.

Same for Droughns. I like anything Savage touches, so I'd make sure to take Harrison with Droughns. The line has talent. The WRs are talented. The QB will get better. Droughns won't see stacked lines this year as much. He'll be a solid #2, especially a bit later in the 2nd round.

That list is weak.

JJones lost carries to MBIII due to a high ankle sprain. Last I heard his ankle is fine and he's the starter. I don't recall Parcells being a RBBC fan, and I do recall him passing on SJax to deal down and take JJones, who he thought was much better for his system.

Hey Moz - since you sound so sure when you say this

1st - barber will get the short yardage TD's
you must have a link to support that statement, right? Because so far all I've heard from Parcells is that JJones is the guy.

The more i hear about MBIII's hype, the higher I get on JJones in the 3rd round.

As for the rest, CTaylor is an above average receiver, an above average power back, and in what should be a solid offense with a caretaker QB and a very very very good OL. To assume CT is going to fail simply because Baltimore decided they'd rather keep the guy who rushed for 2000 yards a couple years ago is really, really shortsighted.

Re: Droughns - guy rushed for 1300+? On that team? I'm impressed. The team as a whole didn't score jack and you expect Droughns to? And if he "triples his TDs" he'll still suck? What? 1300+ and 6 TDs is a rock solid RB2, especially since you can have Droughns in the mid-late 3rd round, which means you likely took a WR in the 2nd. Nice lack of perspective there Moz. Perhaps you ought to consider value for round taken, hmmm?

Bush I agree with, but I don't see him getting that much love outside of keeper leagues. Anyone taking him inside the 1st 5 rounds is being foolish, IMO. Not because Bush lacks the talent, but because the team around him stinks.

McGahee - hrm...I was never that sold on him, and obviously the Bills suck. I don't see him getting all this love you're talking about. He's in no way a "sexy pick". That was last year. Welcome to 2006.

Everyone knows the top 3 RB's this year....they all have tremendous upside and probably the least amount of question marks....

After those top 3...I can't name you one person from the so called "second tier" (Edge, Tiki, Portis, LJ, SJax) who has any less question marks or is in a better situation than Chester Taylor. I've really been doing my homework on this guy since I've targeted him in my big money draft.....and the more I think about the more I'm convinced he's a top 5 RB this year.

Edge

No OLine and "slower-than-turf" grass will make Edge one of the most overrated FFB RBs in recent memory. All the wide recievers in the world cant block a defensive front seven.

Edge

No OLine and "slower-than-turf" grass will make Edge one of the most overrated FFB RBs in recent memory. All the wide recievers in the world cant block a defensive front seven.

Agreed.

I'm gonna say Tiki Barber as well. I think he's in for a bad year.

I don't know how sexy he is on the hype meter, but Ron Dayne will falter IMO. He has been getting more hype than I ever expected him to get. I think it'll be Tatum all the way in DEN.

That list is weak.

JJones lost carries to MBIII due to a high ankle sprain. Last I heard his ankle is fine and he's the starter. I don't recall Parcells being a RBBC fan, and I do recall him passing on SJax to deal down and take JJones, who he thought was much better for his system.

Hey Moz - since you sound so sure when you say this you must have a link to support that statement, right? Because so far all I've heard from Parcells is that JJones is the guy.

The more i hear about MBIII's hype, the higher I get on JJones in the 3rd round.

As for the rest, CTaylor is an above average receiver, an above average power back, and in what should be a solid offense with a caretaker QB and a very very very good OL. To assume CT is going to fail simply because Baltimore decided they'd rather keep the guy who rushed for 2000 yards a couple years ago is really, really shortsighted.

Re: Droughns - guy rushed for 1300+? On that team? I'm impressed. The team as a whole didn't score jack and you expect Droughns to? And if he "triples his TDs" he'll still suck? What? 1300+ and 6 TDs is a rock solid RB2, especially since you can have Droughns in the mid-late 3rd round, which means you likely took a WR in the 2nd. Nice lack of perspective there Moz. Perhaps you ought to consider value for round taken, hmmm?

Bush I agree with, but I don't see him getting that much love outside of keeper leagues. Anyone taking him inside the 1st 5 rounds is being foolish, IMO. Not because Bush lacks the talent, but because the team around him stinks.

McGahee - hrm...I was never that sold on him, and obviously the Bills suck. I don't see him getting all this love you're talking about. He's in no way a "sexy pick". That was last year. Welcome to 2006.

right back at ya scootie B)

That list is weak.

So the excuse for last year was JJ was hurt all year? WOW great defense for JJ. You really need to get into PR. So your answer is, "No wait, he only sucked cause he was hurt AGAIN!". Phew.

Hey Moz - since you sound so sure when you say this you must have a link to support that statement, right? Because so far all I've heard from Parcells is that JJones is the guy.

MBIII hype? You're the only telling us JJ is made of glass. You're hyping MBIII too.

Agreed.

You're taking Droughns as RB2 in the second round? Rock solid? More like cut by 2 teams, replacements drafted, only thing he's going to beat up this year is his wife. If he falls to the 4th round okay.

McGahee is getting taking in the top 15 in tons of leagues. And I agree with Moz he is overrated, on a horrible team. And will suck.

You're taking Droughns as RB2 in the second round? Rock solid?

uh, reading: it's funadmental.

posted by football_scooter

And if he "triples his TDs" he'll still suck? What? 1300+ and 6 TDs is a rock solid RB2, especially since you can have Droughns in the mid-late 3rd round, which means you likely took a WR in the 2nd.

How you can quote me and still miss that, I don't know. :doublethumbsup:

For your list Mcgahee is the one I trust the least. This team's scoring might be 13 on week, 10 the next, 12 the third week. Td's are going to be scarce.

I like Chestor Taylor the most, followed by Rueben Droughns. Minny has a huge line as stated in an earlier post and that is always a plus. Droughns gaining that many yards last year is very respectable.

Bush - maybe for my 4th running back

Two other guys I won't won't won't draft this year will be Tiki - and Mcallister

Tiki - too old and yes I'll catch shiet on this but you are more than welcome to take him - gut feeling im sticking with

mcallister - his team sucks and he's not even close to being ready yet - you can have him too

Chester Taylor Damn people are hotter on him than Jessica Alba in a room full of FEMALE convicts.

/Fixored mmm... girl prison....

Anyway, back to the Moz bashing. I assume w/ this post your looking for punishment. Why else rip the FFToday RB favorites?

#1)Jones: When you think of the Dallas Offense this year, think KC lite. Take as many of these guys as you can fit on your roster.

#2)Taylor: The kid's got everything you could want in a potential break-out RB; size, speed, great hands & a damn fine O line. We haven't seen what he can really do yet so we all have to temper our enthusiasm, but I'm expecting good things. He is going to make a lot of people happy as their #2 or #3 RB.

#3) Droughns: I think his situation has improved. He is a proven workhorse and I predict he'll see more time in the endzone this year: 1400 yds & 6 tds

#3) McGahee? I haven't seen any hype. Heck, if anything, he may be a bargain everyone is so down on him.

#4) Bush: I think the Bush hype stopped shortley after the draft. Everyone knows he is a high risk / high reward pick that is heavily dependent on Deuce's health.

I'd have to say the most overhyped FFToday RB going into this season has been Carnell Williams. I think he's a great back but he's in a lousy situation. Pittman is a terrific 3rd down/ receiving back and Alstott will steal goal line opportunities. He is definately going to dissapoint some people this year that depend on him as their #2.

Julius Jones - is starting to get alot more intrest as he is starting to be a early/mid 2nd round pick in most mocks I have seen. 1st - barber will get the short yardage TD's 2nd Barber will eat carries away and if barber gets hot Parcells is known to just ride the hot player. Jones will dissapoint fantasy wise IMO.

yeah, That may or may not happen, It all depends on who they give the chance too.

I have to disagree. Taylor has the talent and Minnesota went after him to be there guy and Taylor finds himself in the same case that Thomas Jones has been in Chicago where they will have no good Quarter Back or good wide recievers. So they are going to run the ball becouse there passing game is going to suck.

W. Mcgahee Boy did garbage all 05 - Buffalo does nothing to improve the sqaud on D or O and people are taking him late 1st early 2nd. IMO might as well throw your first pick in tyhe trash can - if you actually take this guy there. Only dissapointment at the end of the McGahee owners rainbow !

well, can't argue there.

R. Droughns Some are thinking this guy will be a in for a great year -- Okay lets look at his supposed solid year last season as the feature RB all season long - 2 focking TD's ! Even if he tripples that number it still is da suck.

Yeah, I was never sold on him.

Reggie Bush currently a early / mid 3rd round pick. Duece is still the starter in NOla and will still get the bulk of the carries. Bush will get alot of receptions and should get 10 - 12 carries but hardly a true RBBc guy in the early mid third. people are falling in love with the talent and the name and ignoring the situation he is in. That said if Duece gets injured and Bush is da man - he would turn from a shittyy focking pick toi a stroke of genius :huh:

Yeah, We can all expect that anyway. but who knows maybe a Duece injury might happen.

Tomlinson will not be a Top 5 RB this year.

You going to take Tiki over him for the third overall pick then? :huh:

How about listing your top 10 running backs then with such a bold statement? I would love to see your order.

For the Chester Taylor man lovers !

Does Baltimores Oline suck ? Ogden is one of the greatest lineman in the last decade What has taylor doen in Baltimore that is so fockign great ? In 04 he had 2 really good games against 2 teams in the bottom 5 in rushing D . More recently in 05 he had 0 rushing TD's and didn't exactly shine in the chances he had..

For the Chester Taylor man lovers !

Does Baltimores Oline suck ? Ogden is one of the greatest lineman in the last decade What has taylor doen in Baltimore that is so fockign great ? In 04 he had 2 really good games against 2 teams in the bottom 5 in rushing D . More recently in 05 he had 0 rushing TD's and didn't exactly shine in the chances he had..

Actually, last year it did suck.

I was under the impression that it was a quality O-Line until our resident Ravens homers educated me last month.

Strike one, Moz. :thumbsdown:

I think a lot of people are missing the point of this post. I see it this way; these guys are rated to high and will be gone before I am ready to take them.

JJ better not lose carries and TD's or get hurt if he is taken early to mid second. If he does he will be a bust.

C. Taylor may be this year's Lamont Jordan but Jordan did not go late 2nd early third last year.

McGahee as a first round pick is a reach.

Droughns would be a good #2 RB if you took him in the 3rd round, but that would also mean you have a top tier WR.

R. Bush is an unknown commodity; early to mid 3rd is too much of a gamble.

It comes down to this; if any of these guys don't live up to their hype they we be a bust where they are being drafted right now.

I have my doubts about Larry Johnson.

KC has a pretty old offense, Saunders is gone now, Holmes won't be the primary focus for defenses anymore and that KC DEF is still very suspect. Trent Green has gotten bit long in the tooth and I think the Chiefs will be playing from behind alot this season. More passing in blowouts and LJ will be less of a factor in that offense.

C. Taylor may be this year's Lamont Jordan but Jordan did not go late 2nd early third last year.

McGahee as a first round pick is a reach.

Jordan, in my 3 leagues last year, was taken 2.10, 2.11 and 3.01

that's not late 2nd/early 3rd? :(

Jordan, in my 3 leagues last year, was taken 2.10, 2.11 and 3.01

that's not late 2nd/early 3rd? :ninja:

I stand corrected, in my leagues he went 3.11, 2.12, and 3.2. He was the #7 back in all three leagues so he was definately a value pick. I do remember he was hurt for the Super Bowl (Weeks 16 and 17)

Chester will be Chester...a one of a kind.Balt's team was not balanced enough for a run game to take off.Minn is cleaning house and have all the right pieces for a great run.CT 1200rush 750rec 12 TDs + 1 pass Td

/Fixored mmm... girl prison....

Anyway, back to the Moz bashing. I assume w/ this post your looking for punishment. Why else rip the FFToday RB favorites?

I'd have to say the most overhyped FFToday RB going into this season has been Carnell Williams. I think he's a great back but he's in a lousy situation. Pittman is a terrific 3rd down/ receiving back and Alstott will steal goal line opportunities. He is definately going to dissapoint some people this year that depend on him as their #2.

Although I am a Caddy owner I have to agree. Caddy had very few receptions and, consequently, few receiving yards. Pittman is a great 3rd down back and that will continue. Gruden talked a lot last year about getting Caddy involved in the passing game and it never panned out. Until I see differently, Caddy probably will not be a top 10 back in PPR leagues.